Unofficial Preview Changes/discussion Round 20, Pineapple Grapple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually unheard of. I know we’ve had a good run for a number of years and it was always going to turn at one point, but to hit so hard in one area of the ground is just next level.

If Joyce is out (just a terrible time for him because I think he probably had almost secured an extension for next year) as well as Andrews, I think move Berry back and bring in
Prior and Noah. I don’t like the idea of messing with the forward set up (assuming Morris replaces Smith).

We can replace Berry on the wing as we have the midfield strength. Prior to play on the new kid ( been very good in the vfl playing as an Undersized KPD, maybe his best run of form for a while) Berry to wear King like he did Oliver. Lester to play on Lukouis (whatever).

Looks terrible even as I write it, but I would prefer this arrangement as it maintains our strength in the mid-field and attack. Just hope the Suns key forwards continue to be wayward and we beat them in a shoot out.

Could be worse, it could be 23 September today.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Reaction GIF

Charlie Cameron rucked against Grundy on Sunday, surely he's as good a chance as anybody else to play downback as the 2nd/3rd tall ?:cool:

If Joyce is out (just a terrible time for him because I think he probably had almost secured an extension for next year) as well as Andrews, I think move Berry back and bring in
Prior and Noah. I don’t like the idea of messing with the forward set up (assuming Morris replaces Smith).

We can replace Berry on the wing as we have the midfield strength. Prior to play on the new kid ( been very good in the vfl playing as an Undersized KPD, maybe his best run of form for a while) Berry to wear King like he did Oliver. Lester to play on Lukouis (whatever).

Looks terrible even as I write it, but I would prefer this arrangement as it maintains our strength in the mid-field and attack. Just hope the Suns key forwards continue to be wayward and we beat them in a shoot out.
Personally would get Beecken & McLaughlin (Morris and him can be 3rd tall) to play his 1st match and Prior & Answerth to return:

Answerth / Lester / Prior
Zorko / Starcevich / Wilmot
McCluggage / Berry / Ashcroft
Rayner / Hipwood / Bailey
Cameron / Daniher / Morris
McInerney / Neale / Dunkley
Ah Chee / Lohmann / Beecken / McLaughlin / Fletcher (sub)

I would be very surprised if it is personal life.

Broken jaw can be horrific and obvious.

Fractured cheekbone can be much harder to detect. Original post pretty vague...

I fractured my cheekbone in two places almost 12 months ago. Not displaced, so no surgery.

Was told 6 weeks for the bones to heal, and critical not to get another head knock necause surgery is min 3 months. Still waiting to see how many teeth are dead (at least one, possibly 3). Fingers crossed nerves are still healing

If it's not displaced, it's not as noticeable pain wise as other bones (the two arm fractures hurt way more). Took four days before I thought it might be a problem.

Hint - do not run flat out down Mt cootha trails in the dark in new shoes when you are pushing 60yo. Dumbest thing I've done in a long time..

Id be keen on not impacting our midfield or forward group.

So Darcy Fort at full back for Andrews and Prior in for Joyce.

Fort has good hands, just tell him to be the 3rd key defender and try and float across as much as possible. Then have Prior and Lester play on the two keys.

It's A+ midfield pressure this weekend from our blokes or bust no matter who we pick tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id be keen on not impacting our midfield or forward group.

So Darcy Fort at full back for Andrews and Prior in for Joyce.

Fort has good hands, just tell him to be the 3rd key defender and try and float across as much as possible. Then have Prior and Lester play on the two keys.

It's A+ midfield pressure this weekend from our blokes or bust no matter who we pick tbh.

Fort isn't agile or quick enough to play that role imo. Also would have basically never played third tall so wouldn't really know how to position himself in the contest properly.

Last edited:
Is there any chance whatsoever that Fages & co decide to debut Zane Zakostelsky?

Looking at the height of our players on footywire our tallest remaining players besides Joe, Hippy and our rucks are >

Brandon Ryan 200cm
Zane Zakostelsky 196cm
Luke Lloyd 193cm
Jarrod Berry 192cm
Ryan Lester 192cm

Maybe Berry or Dunkley(191cm) can do a role for 1 week.

I don't mind the idea of Fort playing on Ben King.

I fractured my cheekbone in two places almost 12 months ago. Not displaced, so no surgery.

Was told 6 weeks for the bones to heal, and critical not to get another head knock necause surgery is min 3 months. Still waiting to see how many teeth are dead (at least one, possibly 3). Fingers crossed nerves are still healing

If it's not displaced, it's not as noticeable pain wise as other bones (the two arm fractures hurt way more). Took four days before I thought it might be a problem.

Hint - do not run flat out down Mt cootha trails in the dark in new shoes when you are pushing 60yo. Dumbest thing I've done in a long time..
I thought only teenagers do dumb testosterone driven shit.

Serious question here, what would happen if we had 22 or less players healthy (come finals time this year)?

Obviously it's tongue in cheek that we would never lose again and win the premiership by default but makes me really wonder if we continue having a similar trajectory like this with LTIs, the AFL wouldn't let us forfeit our matches especially in finals, would they.

Maybe the club would randomly select members to be part of the 22, cause I'm 190cm, young and athletic - so pick me please Fages and I'm sure to never let you down ;)

Serious question here, what would happen if we had 22 or less players healthy (come finals time this year)?

Obviously it's tongue in cheek that we would never lose again and win the premiership by default but makes me really wonder if we continue having a similar trajectory like this with LTIs, the AFL wouldn't let us forfeit our matches, would they.

Would they allow members to be part of the 22, cause I'm 190cm and athletic - Pick me please Fages ;)
Is Daniel Merrett in good shape? Jason Roe?

Maybe Collingwood will let us have Daniel McStay back for the rest of this season.

This is pretty much what I was thinking. I think the sub would definitely be a tall this week!

Is Daniel Merrett in good shape? Jason Roe?

Maybe Collingwood will let us have Daniel McStay back for the rest of this season.
Rhys Mathieson also in top shape as well, just play him as the full-back and he'll outstand every forward in the land (providing he doesn't have to run and can stay in the D50) ;)

It will make for an interesting match committee meeting... not to mention us nuffies waiting for the team to be named Thursday evening.

There'd be a few options that the governing body of the league could provide.
1. Allow the club to play VFL players
2. Allow the club to sign additional Rookies to play
3. Or, Forfeit the match

Actually forget about my previous comments, wonder if this legend can put on the boots this weekend as a special present for being the first official fan sponsor in any club around Australia, now that would get the members involved to become sponsors in a heartbeat.

Does anyone know Swanny's phone number is by any chance, I need to make a "private" donation ASAP ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back