Unofficial Preview Changes/discussion Round 20, Pineapple Grapple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind seeing Prior come into the side to replace Joyce. His VFL game was excellent so if he does get the call up I trust him to stick to his direct opponent like shit on a blanket. As for the Andrews replacement we could bring in Morris and throw the magnets around to allow for Hipwood or Rayner to float back throughout the game.

I'd like to see Brain given the license to keep going for intercepts. He has a massive hole to fill down back in the absence of Andrews but he'll be more than good enough for providing a contest down back.

We're gonna have to keep showing plenty of mongrel and hunger for the contest if we're any chance at cutting off the Suns from getting the ball in close. The shorter break makes things harder for us but I believe all these injuries will help further galvanize the group in a similar vein to what happened in the first Q-Clash earlier in the year.

Suns have been great at home this year but I trust our forward line to beat theirs if the game devolves into a shoot out.

Morris in to play FF and Hippy to Fullback on King. Hippy has the height and pace to match him. Starc and Lester can match up on Lukosious and Walter. Prior to the bench as Sub in place of Big H. Sam Collins would be too aggressive for Henry and I think the superior forward craft of Morris will keep big Sam's hands full. I am confident a backline of Brain Hipwood Zorko then Wilmot Lester and Starcevich would get the job done.
Joe's time in the Ruck will be reduced so we will need Fort on the bench. He's also an option to go back instead of Hippy if that fails.
Reville on interchange for a full game
So in Morris,Fort,Prior or Sharp Joyce,Andrews,Smith.

On SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Starce on Luko will work.
Hipwood on King.
Lester on Walter.

I actually think that is manageable.

Would mean Smith and Morris up forward, but when Morris is playing 4D chess and kicks a bag, I don't think it'll matter that Hippy is up the ground.

**** how I wish we had just held on against Carlton in round 1 and kicked an extra point against the Crows. Legit wouldn’t have cared if we sent the ressies down then for this one and written it off to avoid more injuries.

We would’ve had the gap we need but as it is and the precarious position we’re in we can’t afford to drop games.

It’s quite the pickle.

We've also won two games by under a kick in this win streak. You are going to win some and lose some close games, unless you are collingwood and have the luckiest streak of all time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris in to play FF and Hippy to Fullback on King. Hippy has the height and pace to match him. Starc and Lester can match up on Lukosious and Walter. Prior to the bench as Sub in place of Big H. Sam Collins would be too aggressive for Henry and I think the superior forward craft of Morris will keep big Sam's hands full. I am confident a backline of Brain Hipwood Zorko then Wilmot Lester and Starcevich would get the job done.
Joe's time in the Ruck will be reduced so we will need Fort on the bench. He's also an option to go back instead of Hippy if that fails.
Reville on interchange for a full game
So in Morris,Fort,Prior or Sharp Joyce,Andrews,Smith.

On SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think I'd go for this. We absolutely need a genuine tall on King and Hipwood is the best of the options that remain available. Though I wonder if we'll keep Smith in, instead of playing Fort.

okay have digested this now

My mantra is don’t weaken the 23 too much, and change as few positions as possible

Morris for Smith, straight swap.

Fort for Harris - hippy to king, fort full forward. He can take a mark

Prior for Joyce

Lester gets Lukosius who is easily their second biggest threat kicking 2 a game lately

Prior to man Walters who is strong but raw

Brain to play off his man and intercept

Wilmot / zorko / starce round out the defence

Midfield no changes

Smith to sub in case we need a break glass

Bruce to get a full game in the 2s and back next week

Just sending to fages now :)

when you have 2 key backs out and go to the mid season draft
Pick up 2 small forwards and a half back. Leave one spot open.
It hurts now. Maybe they thought ZZ come a long faster then he has
Not like Payne not had foot problems before

Respectfully, you say that as if there were guys we deemed AFL level coverage. I don't believe we did.

I think Fort and Prior in for Andrews and Joyce. Fort could try to play a negating role on King and Prior and Lester on Walter or Lukosious. I wouldn’t be messing with the forward line structure, Hipwood is a good link up player and we couldn’t have Joe playing back up ruck or further up the ground without Hipwood down there. If Fort gets towelled up early then swap him with Hipwood as a last resort. Morris also needs to come in to replace Smith imo. And McKenna might be a good option for sub as he could give us some decent running power late in the game playing off the wing, half back or even a high half forward.

STAY CALM AND RYAN LESTER - He will carry our defence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back