Unofficial Preview Changes/discussion Round 20, Pineapple Grapple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one thing to have rotten injury luck, it's another thing for 90% of it to affect one area of the ground.

Completely writing this week off as GC haven't lost at home and we have no defense, if we pull off a win then I'll be puzzled, bemused and ecstatic.

Fortunately I am not the club, who I'm sure will embrace the challenge.

We 🦁 got this.

Outs- Harris Andrews, Darragh Joyce, Henry Smith.

Ins- Logan Morris, Harry Sharp, Jaxon Prior.

Shadeau Brain, Eric Hipwood, Brandon Starcevich.
Darcy Wilmot, Ryan Lester, Dayne Zorko.

Oscar McInerney, Lachie Neale, Josh Dunkley.
Hugh McCluggage, Jarrod Berry, Jaspa Fletcher.

Charlie Cameron, Logan Morris, Kai Lohmann.
Zac Bailey, Joe Daniher, Cam Rayner.

Will Ashcroft, Harry Sharp, Callum Ah Chee, Jaxon Prior.

Sub- Bruce Reville/Darcy Fort.

Our midfield defensive run will need to be elite hence the Harry Sharp inclusion, not sure on sub, probably prefer Fort as heaven forbid a tall goes down early.

Logan Morris definitely needs to be played in that position. He's capable of taking a mark too which helps...

Not sure if it has been mentioned anywhere but is there a chance we keep our forward half as is and chuck Brandon Ryan down back seeings as we are going to need someone for multiple weeks it appears

I don't understand why people think the forward line structure is sacrosanct and we should play guys as key defenders who have practically never played there, when Hipwood is familiar with it from his early career.
Yep I don't get it either. We don't have a FB and CHB now across the entire squad. We are not overflowing with luxury here, this is scrapping the bottom of the barrel stuff.

I'd like to see Morris play in defence, alongside Hippy & Lester. Morris has the footy smarts, the nous & pace to keep up with the Sun's 2nd or 3rd string key forwards. Only thing he may not have is the stamina or concentration to defend for a full game. I'd plonk Oscar in the goalsquare at FF & bring in Fort to alternate with O in the ruck & forward line. The Suns may even consider bringing in Casboult for this game. He is a couple of games short of 200. I think that blokes like Prior or Starce are too small to play key defensive positions.

I think Berry could do surprisingly well in defence.
I agree. He’s got the size and has played defensive roles on mids in the past. Just needs to utilise his height to play a bit taller. He could be a direct swap in position for Wilmot, who would then play wing.

At this stage
Hipwood goes to full back
Berry to center half back
Lester third tall/interceptor
Starce, Zorko and Brain/McKenna for smalls

Henry gets another game alongside Morris and Daniher. I'd roll the dice sending him to the middle as center bounce ruck while parking BigO at goal square. Instruct our mids to support Henry as well as setup to shark the tap.

Fort in as substitute and I hope I don't have to sub him at all.

I don't understand why people think the forward line structure is sacrosanct and we should play guys as key defenders who have practically never played there, when Hipwood is familiar with it from his early career.
Third highest scoring team in the comp and we need that forward line absolutely humming come finals time

Yep I don't get it either. We don't have a FB and CHB now across the entire squad. We are not overflowing with luxury here, this is scrapping the bottom of the barrel stuff.
I agree 100%. The only silver lining out of this is maybe exposing guys like Hipwood to different roles & positions. Might come a day when we need to swap Hipwood & Andrews from back to forward. Having this versatility would be tremendous. Fitzroy turned forwards Paxman & Caven into decent defenders in the 90's. Look at what Sheedy did in the 1984 GF, putting Paul Weston the fullback into the forward line in the last qtr. He swapped Billy Duckworth around as well. Winning moves on the day.

I'd like to see Morris play in defence, alongside Hippy & Lester. Morris has the footy smarts, the nous & pace to keep up with the Sun's 2nd or 3rd string key forwards. Only thing he may not have is the stamina or concentration to defend for a full game. I'd plonk Oscar in the goalsquare at FF & bring in Fort to alternate with O in the ruck & forward line. The Suns may even consider bringing in Casboult for this game. He is a couple of games short of 200. I think that blokes like Prior or Starce are too small to play key defensive positions.
I think it’s a certainty that the Suns will play Casboult to exploit the lack of height of the Brisbane defence.
I can see this being a bit of a shoot out. Brisbane still have the capability in their forward line to kick a big score against on ordinary Suns defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

STAY CALM AND RYAN LESTER - He will carry our defence!
image of lester this week

11-enigmatic-facts-about-the-atlas-statue-1694337191.jpg

Not to mention he pretty much called him useless in his post match presser

It was really good stuff from degenerate Goodie. Won't play Fullarton because he can't win hitouts at VFL, plays Petty in the ruck who also can't win any hitouts. There is going to be a really unlucky team that get him as their senior coach.

It was really good stuff from degenerate Goodie. Won't play Fullarton because he can't win hitouts at VFL, plays Petty in the ruck who also can't win any hitouts. There is going to be a really unlucky team that get him as their senior coach.
Yeah I think you can dance around that question without throwing your players under the bus. Felt bad for Tommy

Let’s actually debut ZZ. Have him run with Walter and just do his best. Ryan down back is less preferable due to lack of speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back