Unofficial Preview Changes/discussion Round 20, Pineapple Grapple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100%. The only silver lining out of this is maybe exposing guys like Hipwood to different roles & positions. Might come a day when we need to swap Hipwood & Andrews from back to forward. Having this versatility would be tremendous. Fitzroy turned forwards Paxman & Caven into decent defenders in the 90's. Look at what Sheedy did in the 1984 GF, putting Paul Weston the fullback into the forward line in the last qtr. He swapped Billy Duckworth around as well. Winning moves on the day.
Daniel Bradshaw any one.

Won’t someone think of the poor VFL team at this time! Going to have Lloyd playing full back at this point.

I just came here to post the same thing! Who tf are we going to be rolling out to defend in the VFL.

Probably need someone warm and vertical with the height to cover for whatever contingencies are thrown up and that means Fort gets a game.
Rules out bringing back Jack Frost I guess

Last edited:
Kalin Lane agile enough for full back?

He can channel his inner Rory lobb and show us some magic.

Kalin Lane agile enough for full back?

He can channel his inner Rory lobb and show us some magic.

I’ve got some bad news for you bro

I wouldn't mind seeing Prior come into the side to replace Joyce. His VFL game was excellent so if he does get the call up I trust him to stick to his direct opponent like shit on a blanket. As for the Andrews replacement we could bring in Morris and throw the magnets around to allow for Hipwood or Rayner to float back throughout the game.

I'd like to see Brain given the license to keep going for intercepts. He has a massive hole to fill down back in the absence of Andrews but he'll be more than good enough for providing a contest down back.

We're gonna have to keep showing plenty of mongrel and hunger for the contest if we're any chance at cutting off the Suns from getting the ball in close. The shorter break makes things harder for us but I believe all these injuries will help further galvanize the group in a similar vein to what happened in the first Q-Clash earlier in the year.

Suns have been great at home this year but I trust our forward line to beat theirs if the game devolves into a shoot out.

This.

So any reason we didnt bother picking up anyone tall and defenderish in the midseason draft?

Or did we?

May be none good enough.

But we must've also thought it'll never come to "forget about ability to defend, just find someone tall who can play in the backline"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear Ryan Lester has injured his hamstring after fleeing the Nerang train station

Brisbane Lions should appeal for little step ladders to be made available to our defenders under player health n safety criteria. Runners carry it around and strategically place in D50 at various spots throughout the game so Zorko can quickly climb up the 3 steps, jump to effect a spoil.

I think it’s a certainty that the Suns will play Casboult to exploit the lack of height of the Brisbane defence.
I can see this being a bit of a shoot out. Brisbane still have the capability in their forward line to kick a big score against on ordinary Suns defence.
Is he still on their list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back