Unofficial Preview Changes/discussion Round 20, Pineapple Grapple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be trying to change our ability to kick goals too much. No matter what we do we are more exposed down back so they will score more than they probably would have, so it is up to our mids and forwards to kick a higher score than we probably would have.

Also will be a tough game as Goldie always want to be beat their older sibling - just no more injuries please.

Why couldn't we try Smith in defence I'm not sure why the media are pushing Hippy into defence I'd also look at Ryan
Henry Smith has never played defence and is relatively slow, at least Hippy has closing speed, AFL level experience and played very well as a KPD as a junior.

FWIW I was against Hippy going back pre Darragh Joyce being ruled out as well but we are in dire straits down back now, IMO Hippy is miles in front of Henry for a key defensive role.

Henry Smith has never played defence and is relatively slow, at least Hippy has closing speed, AFL level experience and played very well as a KPD as a junior.

FWIW I was against Hippy going back pre Darragh Joyce being ruled out as well but we are in dire straits down back now, IMO Hippy is miles in front of Henry for a key defensive role.
Hippy is one of our most damaging forwards maybe fages will try Ryan or Lloyd both have played In defence in the VFL is Carter available

Hippy is one of our most damaging forwards maybe fages will try Ryan or Lloyd both have played In defence in the VFL is Carter available
Carter Michael is out re concussion, Brandon Ryan too slow as well IMO, Luke Lloyd has played spasmodically down back in the VFL, I can't see it happening though.

Yeah this is where i am at, wanted hippy to stay forward until we had ZERO kpds.

Hippy has also been a bit off the last couple of weeks, two terrible attempts at goal over the weekend. So not as big a loss as say if we he had shifted him after the port game when he had caught fire for 3 weeks

With their intercept markers i think more than anything we need a forward who can actually take a grab. That for me is Darcy Fort.

Well he has more than a few times in the VFL….

Well he has more than a few times in the VFL….
I have been to 3 Lions VFL games live this season and watched most others on live stream, Henry has hardly played any significant time in KPD, he floats back as ruckman do, and has taken some good intercept marks.

It is a gargantuan step up from a few minor stints in the VFL to a full game as a key position defender in the AFL.

I have been to 3 Lions VFL games live this season and watched most others on live stream, Henry has hardly played any significant time in KPD, he floats back as ruckman do, and has taken some good intercept marks.

It is a gargantuan step up from a few minor stints in the VFL to a full game as a key position defender in the AFL.
After re-watching the first half again last night, I don’t actually think Henry played too bad.
The delivery to him was awful and he had a case of the fumbles but he got himself to the right positions.
I think we run with a forward line of Daniher, Smith and Morris and send Hippy back atleast to start the game anyway.
Reville to stay as Sub and Prior in for Joyce.
McKenna another week of rest or a game in the two’s.
We will need Brain’s intercept ability over McKenna’s shitty defence and suspect ball use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After re-watching the first half again last night, I don’t actually think Henry played too bad.
The delivery to him was awful and he had a case of the fumbles but he got himself to the right positions.
I think we run with a forward line of Daniher, Smith and Morris and send Hippy back atleast to start the game anyway.
Reville to stay as Sub and Prior in for Joyce.
McKenna another week of rest or a game in the two’s.
We will need Brain’s intercept ability over McKenna’s shitty defence and suspect ball use.

I'd do the same but Fletcher to the sub to give Reville a full game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back