Unofficial Preview Changes for Carlton (team in OP) IN Reid, Ramsay, De Goey OUT Schade, Broomhead , Varcoe

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

I never said Ramsay and Smith are spuds.. they're generic/vanilla types. They're ok. But definetely not the types we need off the hbf.. i think of the hbf position as the most flamboyant position in the defence.. they are defenders yes.. but they should own that wing as well.. so endurance hard running and flamboyance.

Was Dane Rampe a generic vanilla type in his first 5 years of footy? What about Alex Rance? Jasper Pittard? Zac Williams?
Ramsay may not reach the level of these guys, but each of them had some absolute shockers in their first 3-4 years of football. Each of them also had good qualities to work with, so does Ramsay. He has speed and is a nice kick, he is also hard at the contest. He has played 14 games of footy, he will make mistakes and infuriate you, but if you allow a little patience, maybe he will become the kind of player that you forget was ever shaky in his first 50 games ( as everyone has with the above listed players).

Was Dane Rampe a generic vanilla type in his first 5 years of footy? What about Alex Rance? Jasper Pittard? Zac Williams?
Ramsay may not reach the level of these guys, but each of them had some absolute shockers in their first 3-4 years of football. Each of them also had good qualities to work with, so does Ramsay. He has speed and is a nice kick, he is also hard at the contest. He has played 14 games of footy, he will make mistakes and infuriate you, but if you allow a little patience, maybe he will become the kind of player that you forget was ever shaky in his first 50 games ( as everyone has with the above listed players).

Seriously.. I've never played a game of competitive footy.. except soccer.. and i can tell ya.. I've got more flair in my kick.. movement.. run.. skills.. than this guy. You either have it.. or you don't.

I like him.. i think he's ok.. but seriously.. i think we underrate how important the hbf position is. As i said earlier.. it's actually the most flamboyant of defensive positions.

Well said, I think he has it in him. In one of his early games he looked like he was going to explode. Could have been against the dogs? Was just unfortunate he got injured at the time. He's the type of player that will need a few games pumped into, ala Maynard.

Amazing how quick people can turn on someone.

Surprised Broomhead and Schade have been dropped to be honest, I don't think Schades performance on the weekend warranted him to be picked this week. I just though bucks was never going to drop him. Broomhead is incredibly stiff, I thought he did some really good things last week. He reminds me of a poor mans Sidebottom to be honest, I feel like he need a good run at it to show his true worth. Hopefully he is only being managed.

De Goey is an exciting in, I feel like he's ready to tear the house down and I hope he does. Reid is just an obvious in really I prefer not to comment on Ramsey's inclusion.
didn't broomhead knock to his head?
don't think he warranted being dropped on form

Seriously.. I've never played a game of competitive footy.. except soccer.. and i can tell ya.. I've got more flair in my kick.. movement.. run.. skills.. than this guy. You either have it.. or you don't.

I like him.. i think he's ok.. but seriously.. i think we underrate how important the hbf position is. As i said earlier.. it's actually the most flamboyant of defensive positions.
Never played a game of footy, yet have more flair and skills... give it a rest

Last edited:
Well said, I think he has it in him. In one of his early games he looked like he was going to explode. Could have been against the dogs? Was just unfortunate he got injured at the time. He's the type of player that will need a few games pumped into, ala Maynard.

Amazing how quick people can turn on someone.
Had like 28 disposals and was rock solid in defence in his second game last year, looked like a break out game, then did his acl at training a few days later. The kid has had to completely reset, it's incredible that people are so hard on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schade and Broomy stiff to miss out, but Reid and JDG are unquestionable upgrades. Ramsay for Varcoe makes sense, although I'm against recalling players who've been omitted and then not earned a recall on principle, but he's definitely the most like for like replacement.

Still wish it had been Cox out and Schade retained with Reid forward. I reckon our forward line would function so much better with that set up.
I wonder if Ramsey got picked because Aish wasn't available. I thought his speed would be better than Ramsey

I wonder if Ramsey got picked because Aish wasn't available. I thought his speed would be better than Ramsey
Ramma is faster than Aish. And I'm pretty sure Aish is available, but one solid VFL game isn't really enough for a recall (although I'm loathe to bring in Ramsay after he was omitted with no hitout, just as with Smith last week.)

Ramsey reminds me of Jaxson Barham except with a better kick. Same height and has good speed but played one good game to fool everyone. Jaxson stared against the Brisbane Lions - 28 Disposal and 9 tackles. Didn't do much after that. Infact was delisted a year later. Had high hopes for the kid but the kid looks lost out on the field and usually gets beaten in every contest.

Ramma is faster than Aish. And I'm pretty sure Aish is available, but one solid VFL game isn't really enough for a recall (although I'm loathe to bring in Ramsay after he was omitted with no hitout, just as with Smith last week.)
Perhaps they were being "managed"?

Really interested in this game to see how important the short number of days between games impacts this match. Carlton had two short turnarounds in 2 weeks resulting in a smashing by Port. Fast forward to now and Pies have had two short turnarounds in a row.

On paper, you have us covered easily but will be interesting to see how much the last two weeks take out of the Pies. Might be a surprise result, or at the very least, a close run match. Doesnt reflect a fair matchup in my opinion as recovery is hugely important. Blues get a sneaky chance.

Yeah I missed that. I thought they said during the week he hurt his hammy. I must have been dreaming. I don't know if Ramma is faster, he likes to take on the first player. Anyway hopefully he plays a solid game doesn't fumble and doesn't turn it over so much

Dunn played on Hawkins last week. Stop giving Schade credit for others work.
Um i sit in the pocket in the Ponsford, both rotated on him throughout the first half, then in the second half Schade started most centre bounce's on Dangerfield however still rotated onto Hawkins regularly.

Was at the game, have a pretty good view from where i sit. Did you watch it on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back