Unofficial Preview Changes for Carlton (team in OP) IN Reid, Ramsay, De Goey OUT Schade, Broomhead , Varcoe

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really interested in this game to see how important the short number of days between games impacts this match. Carlton had two short turnarounds in 2 weeks resulting in a smashing by Port. Fast forward to now and Pies have had two short turnarounds in a row.

On paper, you have us covered easily but will be interesting to see how much the last two weeks take out of the Pies. Might be a surprise result, or at the very least, a close run match. Doesnt reflect a fair matchup in my opinion as recovery is hugely important. Blues get a sneaky chance.
Didn't you guys go into the Port game with a very young team?

Looking forward to seeing how JDG comes back, he's in deficit at the moment and needs to pay pay back the Club and supporters, think he might just be forgiven this week.

Not happy to see Broomhead out, think he needs a good stretch of senior games.

Schade will get plenty more opportunity and Dunn showed he can still handle himself so not too unhappy as Reid is a walk up starter.

Didn't you guys go into the Port game with a very young team?

We did. Since then, instead of 7 youngsters, we've dropped to 5 (i think). But in the Port game, the run gave out from after half time. I tend to think that was the impact of two short turnarounds inclusive of one very hard game vs the Bombers..

Really interested in this game to see how important the short number of days between games impacts this match. Carlton had two short turnarounds in 2 weeks resulting in a smashing by Port. Fast forward to now and Pies have had two short turnarounds in a row.

On paper, you have us covered easily but will be interesting to see how much the last two weeks take out of the Pies. Might be a surprise result, or at the very least, a close run match. Doesnt reflect a fair matchup in my opinion as recovery is hugely important. Blues get a sneaky chance.

4 of the last 5 encounters have been decided by 18 points or less, in either direction. The only blowout was Malthouse's record breaker game, right about when he had lost the group.

You are not without a chance.

On the other hand, you have named Dale Thomas, which immediately makes it 22 vs 21 in our favour...

4 of the last 5 encounters have been decided by 18 points or less, in either direction. The only blowout was Malthouse's record breaker game, right about when he had lost the group.

You are not without a chance.

On the other hand, you have named Dale Thomas, which immediately makes it 22 vs 21 in our favour...
Don't write Thomas off, might bite us.......or not, he's due to have an impact against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't write Thomas off, might bite us.......or not, he's due to have an impact against us.
Thomas is cooked.
Even according to the Carlton BF forum, he was feed the ball constantly last VFL match, some posters were upset that he was the preferred option at every opportunity.
And they also question the quality of the opposition.
Even 50% Daisy should have starred against said opposition.
Looking forward to him studding up the game, getting one, maybe two, cheap, cheap, out the back goals. Might be enough to trigger a contract extention.

Seriously.. I've never played a game of competitive footy.. except soccer.. and i can tell ya.. I've got more flair in my kick.. movement.. run.. skills.. than this guy. You either have it.. or you don't.

I like him.. i think he's ok.. but seriously.. i think we underrate how important the hbf position is. As i said earlier.. it's actually the most flamboyant of defensive positions.

If you have never ever played the game then you wouldnt know. Some of the alltime best bank flankers dont have flair. Birchall has run, but not really flair, same with Malceski, same with Rory Laird, Brodie Smith. Being a good line breaking half back is about reading the play and knowing when to run, you rarely if ever get a chance to evade multiple tacklers, and if u think that way you end up being some unpredictable concoction like Harbrow or Saad.

Thomas is really a Magpie, he will do the right thing by us and be his usual ineffective injury plagued player.

Great shame for him, but he's pretty much a shell of what he was.

Port would have smashed you regardless of short turnarounds.

Thomas is cooked.
Even according to the Carlton BF forum, he was feed the ball constantly last VFL match, some posters were upset that he was the preferred option at every opportunity.
And they also question the quality of the opposition.
Even 50% Daisy should have starred against said opposition.
Looking forward to him studding up the game, getting one, maybe two, cheap, cheap, out the back goals. Might be enough to trigger a contract extention.
Maybe, was a class act at Collingwood (until his departure), he may have one performance left in him. I was a big fan when he played with us, would like him to finish his career on a positive as long as we win.

Um i sit in the pocket in the Ponsford, both rotated on him throughout the first half, then in the second half Schade started most centre bounce's on Dangerfield however still rotated onto Hawkins regularly.

Was at the game, have a pretty good view from where i sit. Did you watch it on TV?
Yeah I watched on TV, not that it makes a difference. Every time the ball got near Hawkins it was Dunn by his side. Regardless of whether Schade rotated on to him or not, it was always Dunn that was there doing the job when it was needed. Or do we credit players who rotate on a player for a few minutes here and there with quelling their influence now?

Really happy with Ramma back. Think the boy can play football and once he can overcome the full recovery from his ACL, he'll excel at half back. Still very inexperienced.

And De Goey for Broomhead is a logical move. Broomy just isn't up for the big time im afraid. Drifts in and out of games to regularly. De Goey is the class we need across half forward.

If you have never ever played the game then you wouldnt know. Some of the alltime best bank flankers dont have flair. Birchall has run, but not really flair, same with Malceski, same with Rory Laird, Brodie Smith. Being a good line breaking half back is about reading the play and knowing when to run, you rarely if ever get a chance to evade multiple tacklers, and if u think that way you end up being some unpredictable concoction like Harbrow or Saad.

I understand the position well.. like any other position on the ground.. it's all those traits above.. but what separates the better players from the rest is.. intelligence.. 'maximizing every effort when it's your turn.. whether that involves flamboyance conservatism acts of bravery unpredictability flair risk taking'.. that's something that i have yet to see in Ramsay.

Last edited:
Thomas is really a Magpie, he will do the right thing by us and be his usual ineffective injury plagued player.

Great shame for him, but he's pretty much a shell of what he was.
No shame, as by all reports, his current situation comes because he ignored both Collingwood and Carlton medical teams, to surf instead of rehabilitating his ankle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back