Analysis Changes for Q. B'day (6 ins, including Brown, Langdon & Fas, squad in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am scared to say this but I will try to be brave-Shaz did nothing today and if his name was not Scharenberg he would be top of the list to be dropped. Goldy was a better , more aggressive player with a wrecked shoulder. Shaz got a dozen soft possessions-chip kicks wide and a couple of dinky handpasses. Every other defender provided drive and run or a fierce physical contest in the air. I have nothing against Shaz. I am simply being objective.

I am scared to say this but I will try to be brave-Shaz did nothing today and if his name was not Scharenberg he would be top of the list to be dropped. Goldy was a better , more aggressive player with a wrecked shoulder. Shaz got a dozen soft possessions-chip kicks wide and a couple of dinky handpasses. Every other defender provided drive and run or a fierce physical contest in the air. I have nothing against Shaz. I am simply being objective.

I actually thought he was quite good defensively. Peeled off and spoiled well a few times, beat his man 1-on-1 in the air and provided some good ground level pressure too. But I agree he wasn't prolific, but we need to persist because he is all class and we need it in the back half. We have enough grunt and aggression down there with the Sack, Dunn, Maynard and co.

In; Hugs for everyone.

DBdrgQ4VYAEfxVe.jpg

Kicked a lazy 6.

I actually thought he was quite good defensively. Peeled off and spoiled well a few times, beat his man 1-on-1 in the air and provided some good ground level pressure too. But I agree he wasn't prolific, but we need to persist because he is all class and we need it in the back half. We have enough grunt and aggression down there with the Sack, Dunn, Maynard and co.

I seriously don't get it. He provided little to no offensive drive. Have a look at his possessions. He picked up three of them in the last minute of the game when we were chipping around wasting time. I feel like this is the story of the Emperor with no Clothes but nobody is willing to speak the truth even when it is staring them in the face. He did a couple of defensive punches. Give him a medal!! He looks slow and lacks any semblance of physicality ( I am trying to be kind).I do not want to go into a cutthroat clash with Melbourne who are ferocious and quick when on song with players who float about picking up cheap possessions. If Goldy is out this makes his place in the team even more worrisome.

He did not take one intercept mark that I saw. His kicking was okay but 30 metre chips out wide are not too tough.

Out: Wells, Elliott, Goldsack
In: Fasolo, Schade, Varcoe
Not sure Varcoe is ready quite yet, believe post bye at earliest.

Otherwise, he's just in

Pretty sure Varcoe and Reid were slotted in to return after the bye.

Agree Elliot looked fine,he only had one crutch not two. Maybe a week off then a bye just to be safe though....

Time for a double debut!!! First time since I dont know when.

Not sure of injuries but big chance to bring Brown and Kirby

I'll take a guess though

Out Elliot Wells Goldsack
In Brown Kirby Langdon.

Giving Fas another forthight to come good

That might provide some challenges the week later with Reid Varcoe Elliot Wells Goldsack and Fasolo all potentially ready to return!!!!
Not all that long ago! Anzac Day 2016, with Cox and Smith. Prior to that we had Maynard and Moore as "double debutants" against Hawthorn Rd. 14 2015.

I seriously don't get it. He provided little to no offensive drive. Have a look at his possessions. He picked up three of them in the last minute of the game when we were chipping around wasting time. I feel like this is the story of the Emperor with no Clothes but nobody is willing to speak the truth even when it is staring them in the face. He did a couple of defensive punches. Give him a medal!! He looks slow and lacks any semblance of physicality ( I am trying to be kind).I do not want to go into a cutthroat clash with Melbourne who are ferocious and quick when on song with players who float about picking up cheap possessions. If Goldy is out this makes his place in the team even more worrisome.

He did not take one intercept mark that I saw. His kicking was okay but 30 metre chips out wide are not too tough.
Not sure you've ever been in his boat, as is your right.
But suspect you've got to your position and not likely to budge.
As is your right.

Regardless of this, his place in the side will be determined by performance as deemed by the match committee.

I'm happy for him getting games, went at 90% today, not prolific by any stretch but solid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not find forget a few things, I'm a big fan as well but:

Unfit at the start of the season and still finding fitness
It's only the VFL so intensity is nowhere the big times
Still only 18 years of age

Sent from my warped mind

It's time.

If other teams 18 y.o. can get a game so can ours. Doesn't have to star just play his role and get a taste for it.

As is your right.

Regardless of this, his place in the side will be determined by performance as deemed by the match committee.

I'm happy for him getting games, went at 90% today, not prolific by any stretch but solid.
Spot on-I have never been a fan based upon what I have seen. Others tell me I am missing something. I am not stupid. I don't expect a tear away BOG every week. I do not want to see us lose games because we are giving Shaz time to find his feet. He was the least desperate player on the ground in what was a fantastic win. We need every man giving his all if we are to have any hope of knocking off the Dees.

You are so wrong when you say I am not likely to budge. Every week I am hoping with all my heart that he shows me what others see or makes me eat my words and every week I see the same player.

If Varcoe is fit he comes straight in and plays half back in place of Shaz.

As is your right.

I think what domus is saying is that if Berg was 4th round or rookie pick he would not be getting this many chances

Spot on-I have never been a fan based upon what I have seen. Others tell me I am missing something. I am not stupid. I don't expect a tear away BOG every week. I do not want to see us lose games because we are giving Shaz time to find his feet. He was the least desperate player on the ground in what was a fantastic win. We need every man giving his all if we are to have any hope of knocking off the Dees.

You are so wrong when you say I am not likely to budge. Every week I am hoping with all my heart that he shows me what others see or makes me eat my words and every week I see the same player.

If Varcoe is fit he comes straight in and plays half back in place of Shaz.
Fair enough.
Apologies if I got the budging part wrong, I should not assume.

I think it will happen he'll become a rock for us.

I think what domus is saying is that if Berg was 4th round or rookie pick he would not be getting this many chances
That may be so, and he is likely correct.

But the young man was early pick and lock on top 10 of his year. This by all reports pre draft, and he was our early pick for a very good reason.
They saw in him, class, poise, skill, spatial awareness, decision making, they saw in him a potential ten year player of high levels.
Hence the faith and time and benefit. Plus allowing him to get over his injury issues.
Form is fleeting, class is forever.

Ofcourse he may not make it, that's more up to him to do it.
But the judgment would be, give confidence and support in that level of (junior) talent. As it represents far more chance of success than not. Or even throwing games at lesser talented players.

No team gets it right always but if you think you have a gem, you polish it and polish it so it's value is enhanced.

Of course youre scared to say it. Its idiotic to expect him to have a massive impact. Even his biggest fans around here were expecting moderate results initially.

Maybe if his name wasnt Scharenburg and a top ten pick who has had two knee recos you wouldnt be calling for his head after two senior games and instead youd have some perspective.

Having a bit of profile cuts both ways. Some pump them up and others want to cut them down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back