Analysis Changes for Q. B'day (6 ins, including Brown, Langdon & Fas, squad in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this continues all week. Good old fashioned feeling between the two old enemies.

Would love to hear Dunn or Howe come out and say they are enoying the support of a consistent fan base, not one that goes to the snow as soon as things turn bad.

This really could develop into a great build up to a big game.
Howe definitely would, but I couldn't see Dunn doing it. He never wanted to leave.

I like this kind of thing from Adams and Vince. Blue bloods vs ferals. Old school rivalry type of thing.

I get your point but I'd love to see the tackle numbers.

Elliott was initially playing as a defensive forward and i'm pretty sure had 15 tackles in either his first or second game.

Yeah, not really my point which was more about reading too much into early games for kids, they more just give clues.

4th or 5th game against Freo.

Howe definitely would, but I couldn't see Dunn doing it. He never wanted to leave.

I like this kind of thing from Adams and Vince. Blue bloods vs ferals. Old school rivalry type of thing.

He is probably enjoying being with a club who has had success in the last 50 years

Jamie had 15 tackles in his 4th game and 57 from his first 11.

Crocker has 13 in total in his first 11 games.

Still, I'm with those who want to give Crocker some time.

Gee Elliott came a long way from his first few games then. Judging by the stats in this thread we could have hoped for a Damian Peverill at best.

Dunn is all class.
Witts left the pies in a similar fashion.

Beams, Thomas-even Cloke to an extent flogged their respective exits big-time.

You have summed it up nicely.

It's way too early to put a pen through him, I think that's the point.

Be handy goal kicker all the same. I'd have him in every day ahead of a certain player*
*of whom we are all thankful for his service to the club etc...but yeah, thanks ....and see ya.
I love the tenacity of the little guy, I do. But please. Not 'in' please.

Last edited:
*of whom we are all thankful for his service to the club etc...but yeah, that's and see ya.
I love the tenacity of the little guy, I do. But please. Not 'in' please.
Nicely summed up

:)

Dunn is all class.
Witts left the pies in a similar fashion.

Beams, Thomas-even Cloke to an extent flogged their respective exits big-time.
Yep, Dunny comes across as an absolute beauty.

I hear he's already really respected within the group.

Really like him.

I've also heard Howe is very well regarded. Apparantly he helped get De Goey to straighten up the incident pre season.

We've got some nice ones. Leaders in their way. The right way.

(Ps for what it's worth Max Gawn comes across well too, looks a beauty)

Melbournes grand final this week, going to be very hard to win.

People saying Mayne was good what were his stats? I saw he only kicked 1 goal.

Is there any hope Elliott could be ok with constant icing for the next few days? Or do we reckon we probably won't risk it and he will play after the bye

Melbourne has played 7 actual grand finals against Collingwood, that is in September, not in June. Melbourne has won 6 of those 7 real grand finals, not matches in June. So no one except you thinks this is Melbourne's grand final. Malthouse is gone, don't repeat his idiotic statement again. You sound stupid.

He is probably enjoying being with a club who has had success in the last 50 years
I know he has the aerobic capacity of a 50-year old these days, but I doubt Dunn cares too much about any success he wasn't part of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne has played 7 actual grand finals against Collingwood, that is in September, not in June. Melbourne has won 6 of those 7 real grand finals, not matches in June. So no one except you thinks this is Melbourne's grand final. Malthouse is gone, don't repeat his idiotic statement again. You sound stupid.
This is generally your one big crowd for the year. How is it not your current grand final?

I know he has the aerobic capacity of a 50-year old these days, but I doubt Dunn cares too much about any success he wasn't part of.

Do we need a Banter Thread?

And the one you lost was the one that counted the most :rainbow:

This is generally your one big crowd for the year. How is it not your current grand final?
It's been their grand final for more than 20 years, Cant see Melbourne playing deep in September and their supporters know that so, yes the ski slopes will have to wait another week as the Dees prepare for another June grand final.

You should learn how to properly quote a post before calling someone stupid.

He's actually warming into the start of his career.

Not sure why people need to rush to judge a kid who just played his 11th senior game and find him wanting relative to an established senior player who just played his 80th game. Go back and have a look at Billy's first season, and let's remember that we were a better side in 2012 than we are in 2016 and 2017 (to date).
I didn't make the Elliott comparison, I was responding to it.

Honestly, did you read the whole post? I already acknowledged that the two players are in different leagues. My point was that judging a young forward on a single game as worth dropping is premature. If he's underperforming after a few games then maybe the talk of dropping him could be justified, but he could very easily have had 2 goals on the weekend, and the one he did kick was clutch. That's really not too bad for a second year forward returning after a heavily interrupted preseason, and I think he'll only get better as he re-adjusts to the tempo of senior footy.
I read all of it, and you shouldn't have even mentioned Elliott.

Maybe Brent Tuckey is a more apt comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back