Analysis Changes for Q. B'day (6 ins, including Brown, Langdon & Fas, squad in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this continues all week. Good old fashioned feeling between the two old enemies.

Would love to hear Dunn or Howe come out and say they are enoying the support of a consistent fan base, not one that goes to the snow as soon as things turn bad.

This really could develop into a great build up to a big game.
I'd genuinely lol if that were to happen. Brilliant.

Melbourne has played 7 actual grand finals against Collingwood, that is in September, not in June. Melbourne has won 6 of those 7 real grand finals, not matches in June. So no one except you thinks this is Melbourne's grand final. Malthouse is gone, don't repeat his idiotic statement again. You sound stupid.
Cool story. When was the last grand final Melbourne won in September again?

I read all of it, and you shouldn't have even mentioned Elliott.

Maybe Brent Tuckey is a more apt comparison.
By focusing on Elliott you've completely missed the point. Whatever.

We may need to bring in a key defender for Goldy since that's the role he was playing, depending on how we think Melbourne will structure up. I don't think Weideman has been in sterling form in the VFL, but they may bring him in to try and expose our lack of key defenders. I think Schade or Keeffe are probably the more likely ins to Langdon.

True schade seems the obvious choice

Arguing over whether Elliott was an appropriate example of a slow start on return.

Aint nobody got time for that.
Oh please, poor comparison. Shouldn't have mentioned him.

Move on. Next.
tenor.gif

Check the AFL news, big picture of Blair in the who's in contention for your Club, he has to be in the mix, not saying he will play or should even play but let's be honest.
I don't give a toss about what the hacks on the AFL website say. Blair was horrid on Sunday and will not be in the conversation to be recalled. For context, Mayne out performed him and is more likely to be recalled, and his chances are slim to none too.

Out: Wells, Elliot, Goldsack :'(
In: Brown, Fasolo, Schade

Greenwood may be another out will find out where he is at later in the week

Interesting game this one. They have smashed us the last three times but their record on the MCG is terrible this year. 1 from 5 games I am pretty sure it is and they have lost their last four there, not to great teams either. North, Hawks, Tigers and Freo and for some reason look much better when they play at Etihad.

Greenwood playing is crucial for us, we need him and Crisp to play on Viney and Clayton. Jones will kill it but we need to take the risk and hope Pendles/ Treloar will be just as effective offensively.

Need to kick straight and move the ball quickly like we have been the last month. North did that well against them and it payed off. It's hard to see us winning this game especially with the outs this week. Goldsack and Elliot are just massive outs, we don't have anyone near Elliots level when it comes to score goals from nothing and there isn't a player in the back half that throws his body at every contest like Goldsack does.

Melbourne's form at the G has gone under the rader this year imo but I don't think that will play a huge part in the result. I think we are a chance but I think the Dees will get up by about 24 points. Wouldn't be surprised if we won though, if those team can beat them at the G I don't see why we can't the way we are playing now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting game this one. They have smashed us the last three times but their record on the MCG is terrible this year. 1 from 5 games I am pretty sure it is and they have lost their last four there, not to great teams either. North, Hawks, Tigers and Freo and for some reason look much better when they play at Etihad.

Greenwood playing is crucial for us, we need him and Crisp to play on Viney and Clayton. Jones will kill it but we need to take the risk and hope Pendles/ Treloar will be just as effective offensively.

Need to kick straight and move the ball quickly like we have been the last month. North did that well against them and it payed off. It's hard to see us winning this game especially with the outs this week. Goldsack and Elliot are just massive outs, we don't have anyone near Elliots level when it comes to score goals from nothing and there isn't a player in the back half that throws his body at every contest like Goldsack does.

Melbourne's form at the G has gone under the rader this year imo but I don't think that will play a huge part in the result. I think we are a chance but I think the Dees will get up by about 24 points. Wouldn't be surprised if we won though, if those team can beat them at the G I don't see why we can't the way we are playing now.
So ya saying we may win....however we could also lose...?

I don't think I've ever read a more indecisive post on here :p

Cool story. When was the last grand final Melbourne won in September again?

Yeah, I love history too....how many grand finals in a row would Melbourne have won if we hadn't beaten them in 1958? Answer 6. Unfortunately, they only ended up with a streak of three; then us in 1958; then two.

That sort of thing can make you cranky, I'm sure

I didn't make the Elliott comparison, I was responding to it.

2nd comment was just a general observation, not directed at anyone in particular.

Honestly, did you read the whole post? I already acknowledged that the two players are in different leagues. My point was that judging a young forward on a single game as worth dropping is premature. If he's underperforming after a few games then maybe the talk of dropping him could be justified, but he could very easily have had 2 goals on the weekend, and the one he did kick was clutch. That's really not too bad for a second year forward returning after a heavily interrupted preseason, and I think he'll only get better as he re-adjusts to the tempo of senior footy.

He was awful. I'd give him another game because the clutch goal at the end may give him some confidence, but he was continually brushed aside without giving a yelp.

I love seeing Melbourne supporters getting upset at someone calling their club unsuccessful.

Adams just calling a spade a spade.

Yes - Dunn won 26% of his senior games at Melbourne FC. What is his Collingwood FC winning record? 70%?

And yet the Melbourne Dreamon fans are upset? Cry me a river.

To the Pies supporters saying this is Melbournes Grand final is cringe worthy.... they've attracted 85000 to their clash against richmond this year, so to the posters saying this will be there largest crowd are only off by 20k...

Not to mention Melbourne has the highest ratio of supporters to members in the AFL which after years of disappointment is quite impressive. I think us pie supporters will find we are quite the bandwagoners, been a fair drop off in attendances the past few years so giving them stick seems slightly idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back