Analysis Changes for Q. B'day (6 ins, including Brown, Langdon & Fas, squad in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's in the mix, my preference would be Brown before Blair if Fasolo plays.

I have a feeling Fasolo will come back strong, admitting he has an issue is a huge burden to let go of. When he is ready though, if it's this week or whenever.
No he's not. Struggled big time this week. A 14 disposal game isn't going to get him a recall.

A reminder for those who are calling for Crocker to be dropped after one game:

Jamie Elliott - return game vs St Kilda
6 disposals, 5 marks, 0.1

Went on to kick 3+ goals in every single game after besides the Geelong game where he kicked 1.1.

Yes, I'm aware that Crocker isn't in the same league as Elliott, but he's come off an interrupted preseason and has only played 1 senior game in which he managed 9 disposals 4 marks and 1.1, his goal being in a clutch situation that put the final nail in the Dockers coffin. Maybe... just maybe.... we should give him more than 1 week in the seniors before calling for his head.....
Terrible comparison.

Jamie Elliott is elite, and hadn't played senior football for 18 months, we knew he'd warm into it.

Ben Crocker isn't warming into anything. Except an eventual return to the VFL IMO.

Terrible comparison.

Jamie Elliott is elite, and hadn't played senior football for 18 months, we knew he'd warm into it.

Ben Crocker isn't warming into anything. Except an eventual return to the VFL IMO.

I think the general point is that Crocker should probably get more than one week in the seniors. Given the forced changes we have to make it's unlikely that any fit players will be omitted anyway.

No he's not. Struggled big time this week. A 14 disposal game isn't going to get him a recall.
We've lost some real experience this week, he'll be in consideration. Not saying he should come in or will come in but to say they wouldn't be considering him would be naive at best.

I think the general point is that Crocker should probably get more than one week in the seniors. Given the forced changes we have to make it's unlikely that any fit players will be omitted anyway.
I don't disagree. I said earlier, it'd be fanciful to suggest any players will be omitted this week based on the fact we're forced to make a minimum 3 changes as it is.

Terrible comparison.

Honestly, did you read the whole post? I already acknowledged that the two players are in different leagues. My point was that judging a young forward on a single game as worth dropping is premature. If he's underperforming after a few games then maybe the talk of dropping him could be justified, but he could very easily have had 2 goals on the weekend, and the one he did kick was clutch. That's really not too bad for a second year forward returning after a heavily interrupted preseason, and I think he'll only get better as he re-adjusts to the tempo of senior footy.

I think it bothers you that a soccer player can roost a footy 50 metres.. and you can only launch it for 30.

We're not all gifted sportsmen you know.

Take it easy..

Not at all. I enjoy reading about all your incredible gifts.

Good looking, fit, well dressed, rich and a brilliant sportsman. Oh and of course very intelligent.

We've lost some real experience this week, he'll be in consideration. Not saying he should come in or will come in but to say they wouldn't be considering him would be naive at best.
Experience means nothing if you're completely useless.

Experience means nothing if you're completely useless.
The point being, you were adamant Blair won't be in the mix, rightly or wrongly Bucks appears on past descisions to see more in what Blair offers than most supporters do. It's a big game in front of a big crowd and experience counts, if it's enough for them to bring Blair back in over others in contention, I don't think so but I'm confident consideration on all available options will be discussed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point being, you were adamant Blair won't be in the mix, rightly or wrongly Bucks appears on past descisions to see more in what Blair offers than most supporters do. It's a big game in front of a big crowd and experience counts, if it's enough for them to bring Blair back in over others in contention, I don't think so but I'm confident consideration on all available options will be discussed
And I'm confident that Blair won't be in those considerations.

True but Elliot is a Better Player/Talent then Crocker.

Crocker might come as as good as Elliot but still a Kid

Elliott's 1st 11 games in 2012 - 129 disposal, 6 goals 8 behinds; Crocker's 11 games to date - 100 disposals, 11 goals 7 behinds

just saying.

Elliott's 1st 11 games in 2012 - 129 disposal, 6 goals 8 behinds; Crocker's 11 games to date - 100 disposals, 11 goals 7 behinds

just saying.

I'd probably take Elliots extra 3 disposals a game over Crockers extra 1/2 a goal a game if youre going to assess 11 game career to date stats

In reality the comparison is pretty pointless. If some reckon Crocker is as good as Ellliot then who am I to argue. Bring it on!!!

Terrible comparison.

He's actually warming into the start of his career.

Not sure why people need to rush to judge a kid who just played his 11th senior game and find him wanting relative to an established senior player who just played his 80th game. Go back and have a look at Billy's first season, and let's remember that we were a better side in 2012 than we are in 2016 and 2017 (to date).

I'd probably take Elliots extra 3 disposals a game over Crockers extra 1/2 a goal a game if youre going to assess 11 game career to date stats

In reality the comparison is pretty pointless. If some reckon Crocker is as good as Ellliot then who am I to argue. Bring it on!!!

I don't think Crocker will be as good as Elliott so that clearly wasn't my point. All I was saying is that 11 games into a career it's a little too early to know 1 way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back