jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Out: Lester (inj.), McStay
In: Crisp, Gardiner

Crisp gets reward for form with Lester out injured. Harsh on McStay but Gardiner the better option at this stage.

I'd also like to bring in Raines for Paparone to tag Cotchin but I'm guessing we'll let him run free.

I'm also still worried about Ash's ability to play 4 quarters or make an impact as the sub.

Out: Lester (inj.), McStay
In: Crisp, Gardiner

Crisp gets reward for form with Lester out injured. Harsh on McStay but Gardiner the better option at this stage.

I'd also like to bring in Raines for Paparone to tag Cotchin but I'm guessing we'll let him run free.

Pretty much my thinking as well including Raines to tag Cotchin.

Out: Lester (injured), McStay, McGrath
In: Crisp, Gardiner, Cutler

Most people won't agree with me on McGrath, but I dont think he's physically up to running out 4 quarters.

Paparone also seems to be getting knocked around too easily but I think he's mainly there to close down space so will keep his spot.

Cutler has only played a quarter of footy over the last two weeks (think he was held out of the reserves match yesterday as the emergency?), so I'm not sure it's great for his conditioning to bring him as the sub again next week. I'd give him a full match in the reserves personally.

Doubt we'll change a winning side, It'll most likely just be Lester out for either Robbo or O'Brien.

Pretty much my thinking as well including Raines to tag Cotchin.
987.gif
Terrible in the ressies sadly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see people calling for McStay to be dropped.

Don't believe Leppa has dropped any of the draftee's after their first game, he'll be better for the first game and improve against Richmond.

Think we'll see Lester out and that'll be about it.

OUT = Lester, McStay
IN = Crisp and Golby

Crisp for Lester (given his injury) seems likely after Crisp continued his good reserves form.

Dropping McStay after only one game is harsh but he definitely did not look ready for senior footy last night. No shame in that in your first game, but it puts too much pressure on others in the team.

Who comes in for him should depend on the match ups with Richmond. Personally I think Golby should come in and play in defence - we always struggle with Richmond's pace and Golby was named in the best in the reserves.

I think Leppa will go with Gardiner though. Lisle is not without chance of selection either, but it would have to be in the backline given Close had somewhat of a breakout game against North.

By the sounds of the reports, Crisp has shown that he deserves a chance. He has never gotten much of a run over the last couple of years so if he does get the opportunity he really needs to make the most of it. If Lester is out, perhaps this will be Crisp's chance.

I think Mayes might need a rest or to go back into the ressies to find some form. Has looked out of sort of late. Paps is another who could benefit from a week off to recharge.

I would definitely not drop Mcstay. I know he made a couple of bad errors but he was far from the worst debutant I've seen. It wouldn't be good to drop him for his confidence after just the one chance.

Crisp probably deserves his chance as he first one to come in.

I feel like Leppa would love to give Archie a go before the seasons out. With Leuey soon to push back into the seniors could this week be a good opportunity?

Last edited:
Ryan Harwood's long awaited 50th next weekend.

Mitch Golby's too if selected.

Wow I thought Harwood would have got there a lot earlier but he's been in and out a lot in the last few years. I think he has shown enough good determination to work on his deficiencies and fight for his position. I hope he can play the next 50 more or less uninterrupted.

hey guys and girl. I know this is a "Changes" post but I was just wondering if there will be a training session on Friday?

I have an RDO so yeah, thought i'd ask

hey guys and girl. I know this is a "Changes" post but I was just wondering if there will be a training session on Friday?

I have an RDO so yeah, thought i'd ask

They generally have a light run on the Friday at 4:00pm for Saturday Melbourne games, so I wouldn't expect anything different this week.

They generally have a light run on the Friday at 4:00pm for Saturday Melbourne games, so I wouldn't expect anything different this week.

cheers mate. Any idea where they do that?
I have the "paddlepop" lion jersey and thought i should get the team to sign it, seeing as though we wont be wearing it next season. Also got some other stuff I want signed

cheers mate. Any idea where they do that?
I have the "paddlepop" lion jersey and thought i should get the team to sign it, seeing as though we wont be wearing it next season. Also got some other stuff I want signed

Wesley College's footy ground on St Kilda Road.

I haven't been this year, but that is where they've been a light run for the past year or so since the days opposite the Park Royal Hotel.

Changes for Round 16 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back