Changes for Round 7 vs Carlton Teams in OP | White, Aish, Crocker In & Brown, Langdon, Sinclair Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, you miss so much only listening on radio. Who would next on the chopping block so Varcoe can come in then, besides Broomhead?

I think Sinclair will be lucky to retain his place, concussion or no concussion. Toovey might be another under some pressure to hold his place in the team. One that won't lose his place but should and should at least be under pressure is Nathan Brown, I think he may even be behind Frost in the pecking order.

In a 2 tall forward line I think Cloke's more capable at this stage of their careers and while I'd like to see us try a 3 pronged attack of Cox, Cloke and Moore I'm not sure we can carry 3 blokes getting 10 touches per game forward of the ball.

Only Cox and Moore struggle to fin the ball. Cloke gets enough of it, his average is just skewed because of the first game.

Which is what I said in my initial post. I just don't think we should be relying on a second year KPF and given we currently are he needs to produce more. Cloke came into the side alongside Rocca and Tarrant as the third tall and that's the role Moore should be playing. As a third tall I'd have no problem with minimal touches for the sake of development.
But we don't have a Tarrant and Rocca I agree that Cloke should come back in to give him a chop out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're doing it wrong. You need to pretend to be an expert on everything that occurred.
I'd love to haha, I don't enjoy eating humble pie. From my watch if the game he was very ordinary and showed no inclination to break lines, he was often the one starting our chains of kicking back, even when there we're actually options up the ground, hence y assessment. Again, I'm not making comment on the clearance work because I couldn't see it ckearly, from all reports it seemed he excelled there so I might have to temper my assessment on him for that.

Cloke in to team with Moore* and Cox.
Adams in obviously.

Out; Blair, Whoever really.

I'm inclined to start playing Phillips maybe Wills.

We may as well play the newbies to see them in action.

Season is realistically like the past few.
Not enough elite, we aren't talented enough to really challenge.

I think Sinclair will be lucky to retain his place, concussion or no concussion. Toovey might be another under some pressure to hold his place in the team. One that won't lose his place but should and should at least be under pressure is Nathan Brown, I think he may even be behind Frost in the pecking order.
Sinclair concussed again

Although we beat essendon the worst team since fitzroy.they still outscored us in the 2nd half.we will be lucky to get within 4 goals of carlscum

Missed a lot of today's match so not sure who should come out. We must have been okay in the 2nd and 3rd quarters but the last (which I did see) was not pretty. Hopefully Varcoe and Adams will be available, which will make us stronger and I don't mind the idea of Cloke coming back in although I don't think he's ever going to improve from his current level. We probably have to drop our expectations as his pay drops next year and compare him with other players on 400K rather than 800K. If he does come in then Moore, Cloke, Howe and Cox in the forward line should overcome Carlton (we only need 60 points ffs). Playing the young players is okay but only if we're sure this year is gone, so I'd prefer to wait at least 2 more weeks just in case the season's not gone.

I thought Sinclair was actually pretty good & has been all year.

The game has gone past Toovey though. If we didn't have injuries to players like Ramsay and Williams he'd be nowhere near the side at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back