Changes for Round 7 vs Carlton Teams in OP | White, Aish, Crocker In & Brown, Langdon, Sinclair Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: Adams, Varcoe, Cloke
Out: Langdon (inj), Broomhead, Toovey

If Adams isn't right to go, Wills in. If Varcoe isn't good to go, Phillips in.
Howe across half back & on thin ice.
Oxley can play further back also if required, so losing 2 medium defenders in Toovey and Langdon shouldn't be a concern.

B: Sinclair Brown Frost
HB: Oxley Reid Howe
C: Sidebottom Adams Treloar
HF: Varcoe Moore Crisp
F: Cox Cloke Fasolo
R: Grundy Pendlebury Greenwood
I: Smith Maynard Blair De Goey

Agree with the majority of this mate, the only thing I'd do different is drop Frost instead of Toovey.....I mean Toovey hasn't been great but not sure we need 3 talls against Carlton.

Would love to see Wills and Phillips get a run and even Crocker.

Howe is on thin ice alright, just not producing enough and hope Varcoe is good to go.

Does anyone know if Adams will be right, I read that he's a couple weeks away!!

Agree with the majority of this mate, the only thing I'd do different is drop Frost instead of Toovey.....I mean Toovey hasn't been great but not sure we need 3 talls against Carlton.

Yeah I can understand that - either or. Both aren't great.

Jesse White to replace Frost
Varcoe to replace Langdon
Adams to replace......Sinclair
Cloke to replace.......Sorry, I can't find anyone for him to replace.

Yeah I can understand that - either or. Both aren't great.

Yeah that's the problem, where really getting tested for depth with our better users of the ball out and players like them 2 in the same team together hurts us.....I spose I'm just looking at horses for courses but it's really much of a muchness.

You have to laugh at the carlscum board.saying Collingwood must be spewing we let daisy go . he's played 1 good game in 3 years and now they think he's the king.

Stupid campaigners.

Your first mistake there is listening to Matthew Lloyd.

Grundy was always going get smacked my Nic Nat in the ruck - everyone does. His job as it was against Gawn was to try and compete in the ruck but mainly hurt them around the ground. Grundy has really done a good job around the ground winning a lot of the ball and running hard. He maybe realised after round 1 omission he needed to pull the finger out and he has.

He will slowly progress into essentially a big mobile bulldozing midfielder. Outside Goldstein there are not many ruckman who are dominant in the ruck and racking up 20+ good possessions around the ground. Nic Nat very rarely is damaging around the ground.

I would like to see him get in more dangerous positions and start hitting the scoreboard and having confidence to do so - against the Eagles he declined a shot from 50 with the wind and passed backwards, when in future he needs to be taking that on. Grundy will be a unique beast once he realises what he is capable of.

Nic Nat is a different sort of player all together but he is now just starting to realise there is no one that can hope to compete with him and he is starting to play that way. Mason Cox I feel is already working this out and is smart enough to use his natural attributes to advantage - another scary prospect for any opposition - a running jumping 211cm athlete who knows what to do with it. Some ruckmen don't realise that their legs are connected to their body until they are 25.

Yeah and Grundy actually gets more of the ball then Goldstein.

Weitering ruled out, 2-3 weeks with that shoulder. Add in Jamieson who was concussed in the VFL and their back line is super weak.

Cloke has to play, really stretch them with Cloke, Cox and Moore.

Weitering ruled out, 2-3 weeks with that shoulder. Add in Jamieson who was concussed in the VFL and their back line is super weak.

Cloke has to play, really stretch them with Cloke, Cox and Moore.
Cmon man it's Carlton... Or are we really that bad we have to hope they have players out

Cmon man it's Carlton... Or are we really that bad we have to hope they have players out
It's not hope, Weitering is injured, where did I say hope? WHERE?

I do apologize for posting factual news and an opinion based off that news though.

Id drop frost. The blues dont really have good tall forwards so brown and reid should do the job. We could throw moore back in case of emergency.

Cloke, varcoe and adams are my ins.

Langdon and greenwood my other outs.

Give broomhead another week. Cant judge him properly on one game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep definitely need to load up. This game is too important.

The blues are short in defence and have no forwards.

We had 8 defenders last week.

Drop frost and langdon (injured )

Adams comes in off half back flank.

Varcoe and cloke in to really add to the forward line.

If we end up in trouble down back, moore can go back...or varcoe for some run.

Brown and reid can handle casboult and jones.

Could consider dropping Grundy if we are to bring Cloke back in. Not sure if we can fit all of Cox, Cloke, Moore in one forward line, and allowing Cox to develop as the number 1 ruck while giving Grundy some time to find form in his ruck work surely can't hurt.

In: Varcoe, Adams, Cloke
Out: Grundy, Frost, Langdon

You have to laugh at the carlscum board.saying Collingwood must be spewing we let daisy go . he's played 1 good game in 3 years and now they think he's the king.
That was me that said that, it was a tongue in cheek remark.

Having said that though, Thomas has been in excellent form this year.

It's not hope, Weitering is injured, where did I say hope? WHERE?

I do apologize for posting factual news and an opinion based off that news though.

Clearly that guy forgot to read the news with his breakfast this morning...

Coming off back to back 6 day breaks plus a Perth trip.
Blues right to feel confidence IMO.

I predict we'll be right in the game in general play as we have been for large periods of our games so far.

But as we all know, our forwards suck so we won't be able to kick enough of a score to win which will probably be the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back