Changes for StKilda

Remove this Banner Ad

In round 7 carlton beat the saints by 10 goals. Ok no Nick Reivolting, but. It seemed it was the small fast forwards who tore them a new one. So even with potential suspensions- Cloke- JA this might be a positive. Hopefully Dick, Davis are ready and potentialy even Medders.

OUT: Cloke(susp),Pendulbury(susp) and Jack(susp)
In: Fraiser, Davis and the last change would be out of Medhurst,Dick or Rounds pending on their performance today.

With the three likley to get done i cant see us beating the saints but we will also get three decent ins thanks to our depth. Fraiser should play Clokes position, Davis should be put in the midfield.

Na i rekon a bump fromhimin the third can be looked at by the tribunal simply becuase it was head high.

It'll be dismissed out of hand, and even if it wasn't his good record would have it reduced to zero games even if the MRP decided to be morons again.

seriously, why all the JA hate?

Stuffed if I know. He's now contending with Dawes as well as Cloke, so is getting less opportunity, and isn't getting a consistent run in the 1's either meaning he's probably not getting a chance to settle into things.

Can't fathom why people are writing him off. Did they miss his 50 goals last year??

Stuffed if I know. He's now contending with Dawes as well as Cloke, so is getting less opportunity, and isn't getting a consistent run in the 1's either meaning he's probably not getting a chance to settle into things.
Can't fathom why people are writing him off. Did they miss his 50 goals last year??

Not hard at the footy, makes stupid errors & can not be picked in a final

Just watching the game again now and almost 3/4 time now. Wellingham should be in some doubt but will probably get another week to turn it around.

Cloke will go and Anthony will be suspended/omitted. I know what people are saying about JA and the three goal assists but he simply does not play as a key forward and any one of Dick, Davis or Medhurst can play that role and be a bit more mobile. I still see JA's future as a backman.

I reckon we will try and go mobile up front and two of Dick, Davis and Medhurst will come in.

Maxwell to come back in if fit. At this stage I think I would prefer Goldsack to Toovey (really impressed with Goldy since he came back in) but I think Toovey will get the nod due to the need to shut down Milne, Schneider and Steven.

Fraser will come in if he provides a contest in the VFL.

My guess:

Out: Cloke Anthony Goldsack Lockyer/Johnson
In: Maxwell Fraser Davis Dick/Medhurst

Na i rekon a bump fromhimin the third can be looked at by the tribunal simply becuase it was head high.

You mean wear the oppo player ran into Pendles hip while Pendles turned toward the Ball?

Can't see anything wrong there, but someone will definitely go for head-butting Motlop was it? Don't know who but they'll find someone.

Just watching the game again now and almost 3/4 time now. Wellingham should be in some doubt but will probably get another week to turn it around.

Just watch Sharrod in the last quarter, he was back to his "best".

Especially with the last goal, he started with the ball in the back pocket, and used it 3 times and was running past Leeroy when Leeroy kicked that great left foot goal.

We need Sharrod, he is getting better each week back from injury, and I'm tipping a big game for him next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't understand why people are saying that it would be a good thing to play a small forward line. Last time against St.Kilda we only played with one key forward, which saw cloke mark the ball on the wing and then have no one to kick to. We ended up bombing the ball into 3 on 1s with Leon trying to take hangers. I think the ability to take a contested mark within the forward 50 is crucial against the Saints. Cloke will be severely missed next week.

Looks like Fraser will get his chance.

He better bust his guts, all eyes will be on him. I hope he can handle the pressure.

Easy outs this week i feel.

Ins: Maxwell, Fraser, Davis, Dick

Outs: Cloke, Anthony, Wellingham, Blair

I know this seems like alot but 2 will be forced changes. I would prefer not to have Fraser come in but it is the only logical one i feel with both Anthony and Cloke likely to be suspended. I would prefer Fraser to play a true CHF role though instead of second fiddle ruck and leave that to Brown still.

Davis to come in for Wellingham.. Feel he has just lost his touch a bit and could do with a rest for a week or 2. I feel that all 3 of Dick, Davis and Medhurst are all in our best 22 but i think Davis will go for more midfield time towards the business end and I think its a logical out at this stage.

Unlucky is Blair who showed some real class last night and I really like his game. I just feel we need out best forward line available for the saints and someone has to come out for Dick as he has the ability to tear up the saints and expose their tall defence.

Lockyer and Medhurst I guess are battling it out. Lockyer really hasn't done much to warrant a demotion yet though.. Stood up when it counted last night.

Can't understand why people are saying that it would be a good thing to play a small forward line. Last time against St.Kilda we only played with one key forward, which saw cloke mark the ball on the wing and then have no one to kick to. We ended up bombing the ball into 3 on 1s with Leon trying to take hangers. I think the ability to take a contested mark within the forward 50 is crucial against the Saints. Cloke will be severely missed next week.

I reckon it'd be more likely that Leigh Brown heads up forward and stays at home around the goalsquare. He's more likely to clunk and crash and at least bring the ball down for Sidebottom, Davis (if selected) etc.

If you brought in Rounds for speed - hell, even Barham just to break the lines - and left Leigh and a crumber in forward, we'd be more likely to crack open the St Kilda defence. And Caff as a HFF who can still contest a mark and/or open up space in the FWD 50.

You can't take out 2 KPP's and not replace 1 of them. Cloke lost is gonna be huge and he is part of the structure that gets us out of defence. We need someone at CHF providing a target out of defence or they will cut off every ball forward of centre.

On the topic of replacing Cloke next week, this is my solution.

Bring in Fraser, but play him predominately as the 2nd ruck, with some time up forward.

This will allow Leigh Brown to play as the CHF (Cloke's role) as Leeroy has a good record against the top 2 teams.

Play Dawes out of the square, with smalls and mediums around him.

Have Jolly as a second tall inside 50 more then we did this week, more like the WCE and Sydney game.

Another option is Medhurst, who can act as that "link" player between the half backs and the forwards, but I just don't know if his form warrants a game.

I know its early but couldnt hep it.

Out: Cloke(suspended) Anthony(Suspended) Goldsack
In: Davis , Fraser , Maxwell

I think Cloke and Anthony have cost us dearly, Fraser surely needs to come back in providing he has a good vfl game and both Anthony and Cloke are suspended. Goldsack has been good but needs to make way for the captain.
Toovey the alternative. Leighroy would have to play up forward now with Dawes as Fraser will be back in the team.

Leon should come in if fit.

your thoughts?

Out: Cloke(suspended)
In: Maxwell

I'm not sure why you say Anthony has cost us dearly. And I thought the Sack was OK last night.

While I'm not suggesting this would happen again, is my memory serving me correctly when I recall Leigh Brown kicking 4 goals in the NAB cup game against the Saints? haha.
Yep, it's the reason why I suggested playing Brown as the 2nd tall forward next week alongside Dawes.

Why not? It's not like we have a better option with Cloke and Anthony likely to be out.

Anyone seen/heard about the Pendlebury hit? Some have suggested he may be in trouble too, but I have no idea when the hit was.

Brown provides an okay option up forward anyway. Especially now that his kicking has improved ten fold this year. He still has issues marking (doesnt help that when he's full forward it tends to be 2 v 1, which he never wins), but I dont mind him up forward at all. As has been said, at least he usually brings it to ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for StKilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back