Changes for StKilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently Wood had 50+ hit outs in the 2's????

Could see him in and Brown at CHF.

I wish it was thursday already...

Agreed but unfortunately we don't have that luxury... With Anthony and Cloke likely to miss from suspension one of Fraser or Wood are likely inclusions. We will be monstered if we don't have a target at CHF and this free's Leigh Brown up to fill that role, or Fraser to play it depending on what the match commitee say.

Ideally if anthony gets off I would prefer the same set up but with Dawes at CHF and Jack at FF but I think Anthony will go for at least 1 week.

Looked at Goodes kicking efficiency lately pal? it was windy as hell so all kicking efficiency will be down, but Swannys is 76 year to date while Adam "i just farted 3 brownlow votes" Goodes is well below that.

Thats cool bro you got plenty of young kids coming up but when Goodes, O'Keefe, Kirk and Bradshaw are gone who will take the load? Vespremi? TDL? hahaha

Pretty sure Sydney lost to richmond, and struggled to get over the line vs North until a few late goals. They won't make the 8, I have more hope Adelaide will and they have it ****ing tough.

Looked at Goodes kicking efficiency lately pal? it was windy as hell so all kicking efficiency will be down, but Swannys is 76 year to date while Adam "i just farted 3 brownlow votes" Goodes is well below that.

Thats cool bro you got plenty of young kids coming up but when Goodes, O'Keefe, Kirk and Bradshaw are gone who will take the load? Vespremi? TDL? hahaha

Goodes lately, ahh yes. Today he was a clear cut best on ground, kicked 3 goals out of the middle. Played a much better game than Swan did. Whilst he isn't a shadow of himself and Swan is a better player than him, I'd still trust Goodes from a set shot 40 out.

Plenty of young kids? Yes, a couple. Those you mentioned will be great players. Also, you didn't mention the NAB rising star favourite, a young lad by the name of Dan Hannebery, did you? He's already been best on ground in 2, if not 3 of our games this year. I'm certainly happy with our kids we got coming through.

B: Toovey - Prestigiacomo - Maxwell
HB: Shaw - Reid - O'Brien
C: D. Thomas - Swan - Wellingham
HF: Didak - Dawes - Beams
F: Davis - L. Brown - Medhurst
FL: Jolly - Pendlebury - Ball
INT: Sidebottom - Blair - Johnson - Goldsack​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bewilded by all those calls to drop Goldsack.

Toovey: 1 kick 7 handballs, 2 marks,
Goldsack: 9 kicks, 7 handballs, 3 marks

:confused:

I'm bemused at Goldsacks constant comparison to Toovey. They play very different defensive roles. Your right to say Goldsack had a good game. Whether he gets dropped or not probably depends on match ups. I'd like to see him get Goddard if he plays.

OUTS: Cloke, Anthony, Johnson, Toovey/Goldsack
INS: Medhurst, Fraser, Davis, Maxwell

B - Maxwell Presti Goldsack/Toovey
HB - Shaw Reid O'Brien
C - Thomas Swan Wellingham
HF - Didak Brown Beams
F - Medhurst Dawes Davis
R - Jolly Pendlebury Ball
INT - Fraser Sidebottom Lockyer Blair

I'd like to see those 4 'ins'. Realistically though, Toovey isn't getting dropped while his arse points to the ground..... plus Goldy is the logical one to make way for the Captain. Also I would think Blair or Lockyer would go before Johnson.

I'm assuming Clokes gone.

Anthony goes to full forward if he gets off at the MRP.

If not we go in smaller with LeCaff and/or Medders.

Yeah, I'd go for something like that. Medders plays tall and Caf is no slouch. Happy with Davis or Rounds etc.

Leroy can stay forward as another tall target alternating with Jollly.

If Saints forwards disrepect Medhurst, he migh just carve them up. Spread that defence of theirs and have some zippy forward 50 defensive pressure.

Yeah, I'd go for something like that. Medders plays tall and Caf is no slouch. Happy with Davis or Rounds etc.

Leroy can stay forward as another tall target alternating with Jollly.

If Saints forwards disrepect Medhurst, he migh just carve them up. Spread that defence of theirs and have some zippy forward 50 defensive pressure.

The other thing about that setup is that going in with a small forward line has troubled the Saints this year. Stopping their run is also important so having quicker players with better defensive games is a must.

Maxwell (listed us 1 to 2 weeks away)..
Dick (Listed as 1 week)
Cloke (2 week suspension)

So based on that the following I would propose:

In: Davis, Medhurst
Out: Cloke Lockyer

Toovey Presti Goldsack

Obrein Reid Shaw

Thomas Swan Beams

Didak Dawes Davis

Medhurst Anthony Sidebottom

Foll: Jolly Ball Pendelbury

Inter: L Brown, Blair, Johnson, Wellingham

At risk are obviously Medhurst/Davis/Goldsack/Toovey/Anthony/Blair..

We have Fraser/Cloke/Maxwell/Dick all ready to take there spots

I think Anthony wont be in our best 22 when Cloke is back, Medhurst needs a big game as Dick comes back

Goldsack/Toovey one has to go for MAxwell

L Brown is holding Josh at Bay, but he needs to keep playing well...

Blair & Davis, well one good make way for dick & medhurst if all find form...

This is great for our depth!

What I think MM will do;

In: Maxwell, Davis (if fit), Medhurst
Out: Goldsack, Cloke, Lockyer (if Leon is fit)

And I won't be happy with that.

I thought both Jack and Toovey were terrible against Port, but they will probably both keep their spots. I'm a Toovey fan, but he had a shocker last week.

Why would Lockyer get the boot? He has done nothing to warrant removal from his half-forward position.
We are trying to win a premiership here, so the best players for the position must be selected.

And I think MM has to wake up to the fact that Medhurst and/or Davis are better options then Lockyer in the charge to the finals.

I was going to put Sidebottom instead of Lockyer, but I pray that doesn't happen, as Steele is such a huge part of our premiership push IMO.

Initial rumours suggest Leon won't play this week anyway, so Lockyer will most likely keep his spot.

Medhurst has to play, that is non negotiable, he will add another dimension to a forward line that may struggle without Cloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for StKilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back