Changes for the first test V West Indies

Remove this Banner Ad

The sooner Rod is gone the better.
Reading Jon Anderson and Robert Craddock in the Herald Sun today and they seem to agree.

They also think he wasn't that good a keeper, a shit bloke and worst of all (in Crash Craddocks eyes) he didn't worship the ground Matthew Hayden walked upon.

What is it with Craddock and Hayden anyway? Craddock like most cricket writers is largely negative about most of Australia's players generally but he seems to be a fully paid up member and follower of #TheHaydenWay. He quite often writes stories either based on information recounted to him by Hayden or heavily slanted to portray Hayden favourably.

Reading Jon Anderson and Robert Craddock in the Herald Sun today and they seem to agree.

They also think he wasn't that good a keeper, a shit bloke and worst of all (in Crash Craddocks eyes) he didn't worship the ground Matthew Hayden walked upon.

What is it with Craddock and Hayden anyway? Craddock like most cricket writers is largely negative about most of Australia's players generally but he seems to be a fully paid up member and follower of #TheHaydenWay. He quite often writes stories either based on information recounted to him by Hayden or heavily slanted to portray Hayden favourably.

Got no idea what the deal is witch Craddock and Hayden TBH. The only thing I can think of his that Craddock is based in QLD and is probably mates with Hayden.

Classic BF cricket board thread. Let's give S.Marsh zero credit for guiding Australia to victory with a gritty innings in tough batting conditions and drop him for some journeyman/hack/any kid that just happens to play for insert poster's home state.

Classic BF cricket board thread. Let's give S.Marsh zero credit for guiding Australia to victory with a gritty innings in tough batting conditions and drop him for some journeyman/hack/any kid that just happens to play for insert poster's home state.
There's more to it than that. His inconsistency is the reason why people don't rate him. When he does well he looks as good as anyone in the world, but when he doesn't (which is often) he is back in the shed. Test average of 32 and FC average of 38 show his inconsistency over a long period, yet he keeps getting recalled.

Jamie Siddons, Stuart Law, Brad Hodge, Martin Love and Jimmy Maher must be turning over in their retirements watching the amount of chances someone like Shaun Marsh is getting in tests.

Jamie Siddons, Stuart Law, Brad Hodge, Martin Love and Jimmy Maher must be turning over in their retirements watching the amount of chances someone like Shaun Marsh is getting in tests.

Yeah cause they are actually playing now and available for selection :rolleyes: Suggestions of replacing him with guys like Klinger, Ferguson or Bailey (lol) especially after getting Australia over the line are comical and are driven mainly by irrational hate.

It's only one more Test anyway and he should make way for Khawaja.

I was happy that S.Marsh made some important runs in Adelaide. The issue is whether he should have been there in the place.

Yeah cause they are actually playing now and available for selection :rolleyes: Suggestions of replacing him with guys like Klinger, Ferguson or Bailey (lol) especially after getting Australia over the line are comical and are driven mainly by irrational hate.

Well why did he get selected ahead of Klinger in the first place who has been substantially better performed at Shield level than Marsh has over the last two seasons?

If Shaun Marsh is going to play then I think he should bat in the top 3. He's technically a better batsman than Warner, Burns and Smith.

Well why did he get selected ahead of Klinger in the first place who has been substantially better performed at Shield level than Marsh has over the last two seasons?

If Shaun Marsh is going to play then I think he should bat in the top 3. He's technically a better batsman than Warner, Burns and Smith.
That's simply not the case, marsh averaged 60 in the Shield last year. His average over the past two years has been good.

I'll back Marsh for now, but I don't think Bailey is lol-worthy. Leading run scorer so far and has clearly worked on his batting and made changes to overcome flaws.

I'll back Marsh for now, but I don't think Bailey is lol-worthy. Leading run scorer so far and has clearly worked on his batting and made changes to overcome flaws.
Yeah I dunno, he's a great guy I'd love him to playing for Australia but it's hard to see him ever being up to it

Yeah cause they are actually playing now and available for selection :rolleyes:
Where did I say they were available for selection? :rolleyes:

That was my whole point, guys back then were lucky to get one chance, if that. Marsh has had several in spite of a mediocre record due entirely to his inconsistency.

I'd have much preferred they gave Ferguson or Klinger a deserved chance in Adelaide in spite of the fact they were on borrowed time waiting for Khawaja.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was the case, Klinger scored in excess of a 1000 runs at close to 60. I think that makes him better performed than Shaun Marsh.

He was but it wasn't by a huge margin and Marsh had the benefit of some good (and yes, some poor) performances in the test side over the last year.

Helps when your dad was a former Australian coach, the former coach of the current coach.

Marsh's feathering their own beds and ensuring the family meal ticket.

This one is just mouthbreathing. Clearly both on their day are more than capable of succeeding at the highest level. Selectors have always pushed for guys like that in the hope they will eventually exhibit the desired the consistency.

What does guys being unlucky way back in the 1990s have to do with anything?

And so you would have preferred to not have played the guy that very likely was responsible for us getting home and winning the actual Test match.

Genius.
As I said and have continued to say, I know he can bat. Most people do. But be honest, would you have been surprised if he'd made 4 (one beautiful on drive) and then gone out? I'm not saying he can't bat or didn't bat well in Adelaide. I'm saying I'm confused as to why he keeps getting chances in spite of his known inconsistency.

Test selectors tend to look at a player and select them more on whether they think they're the goods rather than performances.
Take Steve Waugh for instance. If they selected on performance, Waugh's career would have been done and dusted very early in the piece. After 21 Tests, he'd made only 768 runs @ 27.43 with no 100s and only 7 50s. To think he ended up with an average in the 50s and 32 Test 100s is testament to the patience of the Test selectors.

S.Marsh will remain in the side and cash in against a minnow team. Kram will then tell everyone that Marsh's spot was justified and that his batting has turned a corner. One specific comment Kram will make is, "Kwajha will find it hard to get his spot back from Marsh!"

Oh Warner will also cash in on the flattest pitch during the series and will proceed to idiotically jump over the stumps 3 times all to the tune of Slater's voice.

It was the case, Klinger scored in excess of a 1000 runs at close to 60. I think that makes him better performed than Shaun Marsh.
Klinger averaged 59, Marsh 64, the year before, Klinger averaged one run more than Marsh. The idea that he outperformed him over two years is not true. At best, they were break-even.

S.Marsh will remain in the side and cash in against a minnow team. Kram will then tell everyone that Marsh's spot was justified and that his batting has turned a corner. One specific comment Kram will make is, "Kwajha will find it hard to get his spot back from Marsh!"

Oh Warner will also cash in on the flattest pitch during the series and will proceed to idiotically jump over the stumps 3 times all to the tune of Slater's voice.
That's it, just let it all foam out :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for the first test V West Indies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back