Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiHawk

Rookie
Nov 26, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Might be a bit early for this, considering the post mortem hasn't finished for the Dogs game..

Osborne will come back in. Young and JKT?

Surely we should give Lisle a go, to give Renouf some help..

probably going a bit prematurely here but there has to be some serious concerns about birchall and to a lesser extent ladson. Birchall in the side for his run and disposal, both of which are horrible at the moment. Ladsons disposal and decison making becoming a bit of a worry as well, excusable though having missed so much footy.

In my opinion Moss, Morton, Murphy, Suckling and Ladson all should be worried about their position in the team.

Osbourne, K-T to come in and probably Lisle with Young coming in if he can.

I reckon youd have to look at shoe's disposal before lado an birch... Dont get me wrong the guy has potential, but this week and last - has resulted in a couple of goals rebounding of HB under pressure.
Still a few years off...

Liked what i seen from stratton :)

Definitely think Lisle, Ozzy, JKT, Young all need to be considered strongly. I know some people might not feel there is room in the team for both JKT and Young, but with JKT's B.O.G performance for boxhill, he deserves a second shot.

If it wasn't for the fact we'd be relying on roughys kicking i'd be dropping buddy for a week so he can find his form. Could be something we do the week after next if he hasn't improved (lake is a good defender, and the cats are strong defensively) but he needs to do something.

Wouldn't mind betting we see quite a few shake ups this week, and i think we need to as well. When we were going with the dogs in the clearances, we were with them on the scoreboard. But when we started getting smashed, it was only a matter of time. Sewell is being missed very much, as is a 2nd ruckman when renouf tires.

What's everyones beef with Murphy? Fair enough he struggled bug time last year however he has been pretty good in my opinion this season so far. Few others should go out before him.

I'd change moss, suckling, gibbo and include lisle, Osborne and young.

Moss demonstrated today why he will struggle to get a regular gig. Great footy brain, good skills but way too slow. Forward pressure is non existant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be very interested in what people now think of Morton? Was terrible in the NAB matches and round one, then had a really good game last week. I don't think he had a bad game - he just simply didn't attract the footy.

He's in prime fitness which IMO is the only thing keeping him in the side. Everyone jumped on the Morton bandwagon last week, are you still on it?

I'm undecided on Suckling. He really does have a great kick and releases Guerra. Guerra had a cracker and i'm thinking he's worth persisting with just to release Guerra closer to the 50m line. On the flip side really lacks speed and did not make a single tackle.

Moss was OK. He collected almost 20 touches and laid a few tackles. Didn't kick any goals, nor set any up which is a worry.

I don't agree with those who question Birchall's form. He's moved to a new role and there are some teething issues, but that said, he would have been in the top half of the players for Hawthorn.

Stratton did well as a defender and will keep his job especially with Gibson out. Kicking was less than impressive.

I'm pretty sure Young will be named along with Obsorne, in which case, Moss and Suckling would be favourites to exit.

As much as it pains me to say it, Morton has to stay, unless of course, Dowler or Lilse get a call up. I hope we see one of them. We bleed goals with Renouf off the ground.

Out: Gibson, Moss (so slow), Suckling, Morton
In: Lisle, Osborne, Young, JKT

Guerra Gilham Murphy
Stratton Shoe Ladson
Ellis Mitch Birchall
Bateman Frank Rioli
Ossie Rough Brown
Renouf Hodge Lewis
Lisle Young JKT Pederson

Still to come in - Burger, Shiels, Gibson & a ruckman

If we can beat the Pies we will be right as we will start favourite in the next 9 games after that.
Win this week and we could be 10 - 3 or better.

I was most disappointed in Moss - he just wasn't playing with the desperation of someone playing to keep his spot in the side...

Out: Gibson, Moss

In: Young, Osbourne

I was most disappointed in Moss - he just wasn't playing with the desperation of someone playing to keep his spot in the side...

Out: Gibson, Moss

In: Young, Osbourne

I agree with these changes, plus i don't understand why moss is rated so highly on this board, he looks so slow and we don't need anymore slow players like him, he is a good depth player to come in, but not in best 22 at all

How good will it be to see youngy back in the brown and gold!
I admit at times, i was starting to think it would never happen again, but if he does come back either this week or next week, its a great effort for the man to get back in, we have definitely missed him

What's everyones beef with Murphy? Fair enough he struggled bug time last year however he has been pretty good in my opinion this season so far. Few others should go out before him.

I'd change moss, suckling, gibbo and include lisle, Osborne and young.

Moss demonstrated today why he will struggle to get a regular gig. Great footy brain, good skills but way too slow. Forward pressure is non existant

Really..what did you see in Murphy that impressed you today?

Clarkson's post match press conference:

• Young will be in contention to play next week
  • Sewell is in the last stage of his recovery program and is 1 or 2 weeks away.
  • Burgoyne has been in full training for the past 2 weeks and is ready to play, only question is whether he comes through Box Hill or straight in the seniors.

I think Murphy is that 1/2 second too slow and this extra time taken gets him into trouble when he has the footy. His decision making hasn't really improved from last year. He tries hard, but unfortunately he doesn't have the skill necessary for this level of footy.

If you were going purely on form alone, one L Franklin would be worried about selection this week :rolleyes:

I think Murphy is that 1/2 second too slow and this extra time taken gets him into trouble when he has the footy. His decision making hasn't really improved from last year. He tries hard, but unfortunately he doesn't have the skill necessary for this level of footy.

If you were going purely on form alone, one L Franklin would be worried about selection this week :rolleyes:
Then what would you do with the 2 guys which follow him around in the forward 50 during the game. He may not do much but he is always covered and then covered again.

Interesting to see if JKT gets a game. He was bog at BH and probably deserves a run in the seniors.

I guess I haven't seen much that has unimpressed me like I gave with others.
1. Franklin - enough said
2. Mitchell - would be great if he hit a target for once and stopped trying to take on the world.
3. Shoenmakers - disposal and decision making goes to crap when the game is. Up for grabs.

Apart from 1 mark to hill in the last there wasn't much I saw in murphy that was bad. Least he is getting some body contact this season.

I reckon youd have to look at shoe's disposal before lado an birch... Dont get me wrong the guy has potential, but this week and last - has resulted in a couple of goals rebounding of HB under pressure.
Still a few years off...

Liked what i seen from stratton :)

I agree , Shoey being played on potential
I wouldnt drop him but he does leak goals
Regardless our backline is better than last year,our forwards have to improve

Out Gibbo, Moss , Suckling

In Young , Ozzie,Lisle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back