Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF was the cameraman doing running out onto the field after Ginnivan's second goal?

I just realised he must have gone out onto the field to get the close-ups of him. That's the first time I can remember it happening.
They want to get the closeups of our celebrations. Can’t believe the AFL has allowed it.

Jesus Christ that was a STOMPING.

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Well done to Sam Mitchell. Tactics were spot on. Even Finn being sub. Guarantee Collingwood would have planned for him tagging Daicos when he was named. Pure psych out move.
Yeah, complete mind games.

They want to get the closeups of our celebrations. Can’t believe the AFL has allowed it.
I am not of the current generation with all of these after goal celebrations.

But I did unexpectedly love the Massimo one. The good old Italian “mmmm” kiss of the fingers to the lips

Yes big 3 misses but still feels we got bullied that day for some reason. They didn't give us any space and was ugly and painful to watch. We owe them one and on today's form I hope we get them back for revenge again this year.

we were out coached that day on a very narrow ground which is nothing like the mcg.

we are a young team that will have off days and that was one of them.

hopefully have less. yesterday was brilliant.

If I was Hawks GM I'd be petitioning for us to play Collingwood 3-5 times per year. You're near-guaranteed a 90-100% win rate and significant percentage boost 🤣

But in all seriousness I'm 31 years old and you guys have been kicking our butt my whole life - you even beat us in 2010 and 2023 (by a lot!) lol.

So yeah, thanks for all the emotional damage you've caused me. My psychologist is getting sick of hearing about it. But she's encouraged me to be more open with sharing so here I am.
look at the bright side

you are 31 years old not 60 years old ...otherwise it would have been 60 years of pain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The absolute nuffies are there till the end. It's always the arrogant bandwagoners that leave games early IMO. Only reason I would leave early is if I had somewhere else to be urgently. Think it's a terrible look personally.

Every team has their share of each - just always seems like a bigger exodus when we are giving the Pies a hiding.

I am not of the current generation with all of these after goal celebrations.

But I did unexpectedly love the Massimo one. The good old Italian “mmmm” kiss of the fingers to the lips

Not to pick on this post in particular but I do think that there has been a substantial change in approach towards player empowerment under Mitchell compared to Clarkson.

Clarkson hated players expressing their individuality. He banned the use of long sleeves and fancy goal celebrations. He talked about players being soldiers (in other words, replaceable). He wanted players to conform to his tactics. To be fair to Clarkson, his methods works well for Hawthorn and we reaped the rewards as supporters.

But it was clear that towards the end of his tenure, his methods weren't working. Mitchell has come in to the club and he embraces players and their individuality. And we are again reaping the rewards. The players clearly love playing together. That fosters camaraderie which reinforces the positive vibes that are around the club at the moment.

The challenge for Sam to manage is when the tide turns against us. The cycle is inevitable. Someone will work us out. We will miss goals we should have kicked. The elaborate goal celebrations will look a little silly when we're trailing an opponent by a fair margin.

But I'm glad to see that we have a coach who doesn't want to treat his players as robots or soldiers but actual human beings playing what is, at the end of the day, a game.

Wasn't sure how familiar with Mabs you all were when i posted this in the preseason. It was a pretty good example today.

Very evasive and a good user. Happy for him.
I was quite sceptical in the preseason but Chol has certainly proven me wrong. He has an unusual aura about him which could be perceived as being lazy but he is deceptively fast and creates great defensive pressure and his actually quite agile. And a great shot at goal. So happy with his output so far this year.

The challenge for Sam to manage is when the tide turns against us. The cycle is inevitable. Someone will work us out. We will miss goals we should have kicked. The elaborate goal celebrations will look a little silly when we're trailing an opponent by a fair margin.

My fear is the Geelong game. How do we respond when we are getting smashed. We need to be able to turn things around and whilst all is well when you are winning, we need to see some resilience too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back