Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

The absolute nuffies are there till the end. It's always the arrogant bandwagoners that leave games early IMO. Only reason I would leave early is if I had somewhere else to be urgently. Think it's a terrible look personally.
When the kids were little I used to leave at the 10 min mark of Q4 to avoid the crowds. Now they’re older it’s stay til the end, win, lose, or draw.

Watched the game at a mate’s place - a mad Collingwood supporter. The dude gave up and started doing house work. Almost enjoyed that more than the game.
Would have been cool if you had bought a load of washing over and got him to run it 😂

Wasn't sure how familiar with Mabs you all were when i posted this in the preseason. It was a pretty good example today.

Very evasive and a good user. Happy for him.
He was brilliant yesterday. We have so much more than I could have imagined with him.

Testament to the coaching staff and recruiters for enabling him to shine.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Feel the need to give a shout out to Weddle. Took some ripping marks yesterday during the brief period where the pies had some ascendancy and it was absolutely bucketing down. They'd be great marks in a dry weather game but he made them look easy in the pouring rain. Ridiculous!

That and the fact there were no injuries to come out of the game (at least none that I'm aware of) made it an extra special day.

Ginni might be our version of Stevie J.

I was saying Chapman (not the same nuggety nature, mind). But Stevie J is a better comparison.

Both were AA level HFF's that pushed right up the ground and essentially played as an extra midfielder at all times. Sam got to see both play up close so often, I reckon he wants Ginnivan and Moore (and Macdonald) to play a similar way - we overload teams with pressure, win the ball, and then overload their defence/zone with options when we are bringing the the ball forward.

Last edited:
I was saying Chapman (not the same nuggety nature, mind). But Stevie J is a better comparison.

Both were AA level HFF's that pushed right up the ground and essentially played as an extra midfielder at all times. Sam got to see both play up close so often, I reckon he wants Ginnivan and Moore (and Macdonald) to play a similar way, we overload teams with pressure and then options working the ball forward.

I trillion percent.
There may be no more important part of Sam's gameplan.

Got home from the game and watched the whole thrashing again. Shout out to CJ who has copped a bit of stick for not getting too much of the ball. Thought it was his best game since returning from injury and yes he does cover a lot of ground both offensively and defensively during a match!
It’s another reason to see the game live where possible. A lot of his unrewarded running gets missed on TV coverage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got to watch the game in full ( currently OS )

Such a strong performance against a side that looked a bit vulnerable .
We delivered the knock-out punch beautifully.
Bullied them ( like the Cats did to us, lesson learnt ) and then killed any spirit with our superior workmate and team play .

Wiz is electric. His 2nd goal working down field then stepping on the inside was class, made it look easy but very few kick that in those conditions .

We have so many watchable players who have that great balance of flair, hardness and workrate.

And Sam 100% got in Mcrae's head pre game . No doubt about it .

We are becoming such a versatile unpredictable side. Weddle, Sic, Dimma, Newcombe can all swing forward and look dangerous. We will become a nightmare for opposition to plan for.

We are starting to have many options to run through the middle. Our backs can all play either tall or small.

Kudos to Sam.

Feel the need to give a shout out to Weddle. Took some ripping marks yesterday during the brief period where the pies had some ascendancy and it was absolutely bucketing down. They'd be great marks in a dry weather game but he made them look easy in the pouring rain. Ridiculous!

That and the fact there were no injuries to come out of the game (at least none that I'm aware of) made it an extra special day.

And he did it on the back of dropping two that I thought were pretty ‘easy’ (conditions not withstanding) early on. Showed great resilience to continue to back himself.

Have just watched it AGAIN.

Loved every single minute of it.

Collingwood had no answers in the midfield. Nash, Newcombe, Day and Worpel hit every ball HARD. Collingwood were shocked at every clearance.

Small forwards had the biggest day out ever
I'm glad Chol got a couple at the end - would have loved him to get 3 or 4 out of his 5 shots but I love this guy
Maginess - what a troll effort. He's been racking up stats at Box Hill and mitchell had no intention of having him as a defensive mid.

It was just a really complete performance - so happy with it

Shit I’m just that proud of this club. The players just look like they are having fun whilst playing footy. They do it so well.

Absolutely pressured them from the first bounce - in another big atmosphere game. Hawthorn supporters came out in their droves last night. Good to see, stadium felt great.

Only four of their players had 20+ disposals just speaks so much.

No special shout out because everyone played their part. Exciting times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back