Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

My fear is the Geelong game. How do we respond when we are getting smashed. We need to be able to turn things around and whilst all is well when you are winning, we need to see some resilience too.
I look at the Geelong game as an aberration. Of course you learn things from it, much as we learnt from Port, but I've seen us respond enough times this year to know we can. We were behind against GWS, the Dogs came out of the blocks fast against us, Brisbane fought back to within a kick at the start of the last, Freo had periods of ascendancy. In each case we responded and won. Even the Collingwood game in Round 4 we almost completed a 40 point comeback, just fell short. Plenty of resilience imo.

I look at the Geelong game as an aberration. Of course you learn things from it, much as we learnt from Port, but I've seen us respond enough times this year to know we can. We were behind against GWS, the Dogs came out of the blocks fast against us, Brisbane fought back to within a kick at the start of the last, Freo had periods of ascendancy. In each case we responded and won.
Hoping it helps us for the remainder of the year. It is going to be great viewing!

My fear is the Geelong game. How do we respond when we are getting smashed. We need to be able to turn things around and whilst all is well when you are winning, we need to see some resilience too.
As Harvey Penick said in his Little Red Golf book;

• 1 bad day - forget it even happened
  • 2 bad days - check your fundamentals
  • 3 bad days - seek help

Hawks are free to forget that Geelong game ever happened. They did not show up, they were bullied and they know it. Put them on the MCG and the cats will be chasing tail

As Harvey Penick said in his Little Red Golf book;

• 1 bad day - forget it even happened
  • 2 bad days - check your fundamentals
  • 3 bad days - seek help

Hawks are free to forget that Geelong game ever happened. They did not show up, they were bullied and they know it. Put them on the MCG and the cats will be chasing tail
If we got them in the first week of the finals- would it be played down there?

Like always loved Sam’s press conference. Super impressive behind the camera, articulate and honest. He mentioned we have handled the 2 big crowd games well. I would go as far as to say we have embraced and thrived in those 2 massive games. Sets us up well for what lies ahead.
Sam might be as good as Ben Cotgrove behind the camera, certainly in front of the camera he presents well, as you say.

WTF was the cameraman doing running out onto the field after Ginnivan's second goal?

I just realised he must have gone out onto the field to get the close-ups of him. That's the first time I can remember it happening.
I think its a fox footy thing. I've noticed it a few times at games this season and initially thought the same as you

Something being overlooked in the deserved plaudits today was the crowd.

Bloody good effort from hawthorn and Collingwood fans to turn up in person during some absolutely dismal weather.

If you didn't go yesterday - the wind was howling and the rain was torrential, and boy was it cold!

The end result was worth it but hats off to those who went.

If you haven't managed to get to a game this year - give it a go, as no matter how good it looks on TV - in the flesh it's much much better (not a dig at anyone as people's circumstances differ).

Great game to watch yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something being overlooked in the deserved plaudits today was the crowd.

Bloody good effort from hawthorn and Collingwood fans to turn up in person during some absolutely dismal weather.

If you didn't go yesterday - the wind was howling and the rain was torrential, and boy was it cold!

The end result was worth it but hats off to those who went.

If you haven't managed to get to a game this year - give it a go, as no matter how good it looks on TV - in the flesh it's much much better (not a dig at anyone as people's circumstances differ).

Great game to watch yesterday.
The crowd roaring when Ginni kicked his goals was outstanding

Who else has gone back and watched the game/kayo mini highlights/YouTube clip more times than they care to admit?
Got home from the game and watched the whole thrashing again. Shout out to CJ who has copped a bit of stick for not getting too much of the ball. Thought it was his best game since returning from injury and yes he does cover a lot of ground both offensively and defensively during a match!

Only because I talked to a pies fan who tried to argue the injuries they had as explaining the loss.

They are the reigning premiers and had 4 best 22 players out (he didn’t count Cox).

We flogged them, and it’s close to the best team they’ve put out this year.

So we gave away two 4th round picks and received Ginnivan, Chol, D'Ambrosio and a 2nd round pick upgrade. Is that right?
Kudos to Mitchell and his coaching. These 3 players were all discarded from their respective clubs and they are now key players in a successful side.

To have that success with all three of them is outstanding work by the Hawks

Someone please tell me why our admins keep saying HOK? Surely it’s not quoting the recent social media fad

Also, was my daughters first live game. Good on the Hawks for putting on a show.

No Socily no Ginny in that game high difference they make still would have lost probably but would have been a lot closer

Jesus Christ that was a STOMPING.

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF
People are surprised we beat them but they have been shite and we have been on fire what did they think would happen? We should have won the first match as well....

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back