Changes for the Pies?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out
Gibson (massive loss)
Ellis (skills by hand and foot are deplorable) Cost us massively today and unless he learns to get rid of that dinky little floater kick he will never make it.
Moss (No role for him)
Murphy (coughs it up week in week out and gets beaten in the air and on the ground and the opposition isolate him and play through his opponent)

In
Lisle (need the extra tall)
Kayler Thompson (good body size for the pies)
Young (Need to take a risk with him now)
Osborne (very important link man)

What's everyones beef with Murphy? Fair enough he struggled bug time last year however he has been pretty good in my opinion this season so far. Few others should go out before him.

I'd change moss, suckling, gibbo and include lisle, Osborne and young.

Moss demonstrated today why he will struggle to get a regular gig. Great footy brain, good skills but way too slow. Forward pressure is non existant

Agree on all fronts.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Out: Gibson, Moss (so slow), Suckling, Morton
In: Lisle, Osborne, Young, JKT

Guerra Gilham Murphy
Stratton Shoe Ladson
Ellis Mitch Birchall
Bateman Frank Rioli
Ossie Rough Brown
Renouf Hodge Lewis
Lisle Young JKT Pederson

Still to come in - Burger, Shiels, Gibson & a ruckman

If we can beat the Pies we will be right as we will start favourite in the next 9 games after that.
Win this week and we could be 10 - 3 or better.

I would have thought Sewell would have got a run in the still to come column;)
Hooper would feel a little aggrieved as well.;)
Pederson up from Box Hill would be a suprise as well. Would have thought Peterson had the runs on the board to get an inclusion.:eek:
WhiteX for Murphy, maybe, as well.
Not sure what the story is with Dowler but he might get a gig if fit at 6ft5 instead of Lisle but happily proven wrong.
Also what's the story with Travis Tuck. Where are you Tucky???

franklin out (suspended) others will be injury based and maybe moss IMO

???????????????????

Have to agree with DD unfortunately. His hit on Aker (as innocuous as it was) looked exactly the sort of the MRP it's back up about at the moment*.

Yet the Lewis hit is perfectly in line with current legislation.

(* Obviously speaking figuratively as it's clearly impossible for a bunch of invertebrates to have their collective "back" up...)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In- Lisle, Osborne, Young
Out- Gibson, Morton, Suckling

Guerra, Gilham, Stratton
Birchall, Schoenmakers, Ladson
Bateman, Lewis, Young
Hodge, Franklin, Osborne
Brown, Roughead, Riolli
Renouf, Ellis, Mitchell
Murphy, Lisle, Peterson, Moss

Murphy gets a gig ahead of Morton as the backline needs depth, Osborne and Young gives the team pace, while Lisle comes in to support Renouf in the ruck.​

Think the thing that we need to address is the lack of run / fade out in the final quarters.

So,

Out: Gibson, Moss and Suckers.
In: Ossie, Young and JKT

RUN RUN RUN!

Too right Henry Jr. Some say there is not enough room for Young and JKT in the same team, and we all know we are running out of legs in the last quarter. :rolleyes:

(Young, JKT) and Osborne are just the start in my opinion. We also need Burgoyne and Sewell for more RUN in this team to cover for being hurt in the ruck and from stopping the opposition midfielders having a picknic in the last term.

Young must be good to go or near enough. Our delivery inside 50 is nowhere near as efficient as it should be. Young In.

Lisle gets a run cos we are killing Suzie. Ossie is fit and is a walk up.

XL needs a rest as his confidence looks shot. He has gone from someone that would hang to the footy until the last minute, to a panic merchant. Cannot see us dropping him.

Sucko is too light for AFL. Will get found out against the better teams.

Pies have a heap of slow mids so Moss may get another week.

No Gibbo so Stratton gets the next 5 weeks regardless. Good chance for him.

I have been a big knocker of TM but have to say that on reflection he has done a decent job the last few weeks in our backline. Any defense will be exposed when the midfield gets smashed in the clearances in the second half. If Tom can improve his disposal with the ball we will be an ok player for us.
As it stands he has done his best in every situation he has been put in and worked his ass off just to be part of our team

From watching the box hill match. I am going to throw one in here from left field. Given that Gibbo is out I think we should bring Muston in as a defender. He played all right as a defender against werribee even against taller opponents. He punched the ball away quite often and most importantly held his ground in the contest and did not fall over. He is quick and strong and has a mature body compared to the cobbler. He could be the missing link

Yes i know his decision making is suspect but that will improve with confidence. He also brings pace and run into our backline

Apart from him you would have osborne, jkt lisle and or young come in for suckling and moss, morton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back