Out: Franklin (suspended), Gibson (injury), Suckling

Guerra Gilham Murphy
Birchall Schoenmakers Ladson

Renouf Lewis Hodge
Bateman Mitchell Young

Rioli Roughead Osborne
Brown Lisle Peterson

Int: Stratton, Ellis, Moss, Morton
This.....but maybe Moss out Smokey in.....;)

I'd be very interested in what people now think of Morton? Was terrible in the NAB matches and round one, then had a really good game last week. I don't think he had a bad game - he just simply didn't attract the footy.

He's in prime fitness which IMO is the only thing keeping him in the side. Everyone jumped on the Morton bandwagon last week, are you still on it?

I'm undecided on Suckling. He really does have a great kick and releases Guerra. Guerra had a cracker and i'm thinking he's worth persisting with just to release Guerra closer to the 50m line. On the flip side really lacks speed and did not make a single tackle.

Moss was OK. He collected almost 20 touches and laid a few tackles. Didn't kick any goals, nor set any up which is a worry.

I don't agree with those who question Birchall's form. He's moved to a new role and there are some teething issues, but that said, he would have been in the top half of the players for Hawthorn.

Stratton did well as a defender and will keep his job especially with Gibson out. Kicking was less than impressive.

I'm pretty sure Young will be named along with Obsorne, in which case, Moss and Suckling would be favourites to exit.

As much as it pains me to say it, Morton has to stay, unless of course, Dowler or Lilse get a call up. I hope we see one of them. We bleed goals with Renouf off the ground.

Suckling u have to be joking Suckling was the one kicking the ball effectively!

Out
Gibson (massive loss)
Ellis (skills by hand and foot are deplorable) Cost us massively today and unless he learns to get rid of that dinky little floater kick he will never make it.
Moss (No role for him)
Murphy (coughs it up week in week out and gets beaten in the air and on the ground and the opposition isolate him and play through his opponent)

In
Lisle (need the extra tall)
Kayler Thompson (good body size for the pies)
Young (Need to take a risk with him now)
Osborne (very important link man)

Just wondering what you will say next week if Youngy breaks down :rolleyes:

If Franklin misses, Lisle has to play. Buddy provided some reasonable ruck relief this week and losing him will increase the workload for Roughy up forward.

IN: Young, Burgoyne, Lisle, Osborne
OUT: Moss, Suckling, Franklin, Gibson

B: Brent Guerra, Stephen Gilham, Tom Murphy
HB: Grant Birchall, Ben Stratton, Rick Ladson
C: Chance Bateman, Luke Hodge, Cyril Rioli
HF: Carl Peterson, Jarryd Morton, Michael Osborne
F: Campbell Brown, Jarryd Roughead, Ryan Schoenmakers
R: Brent Renouf, Sam Mitchell, Jordan Lewis
IC: Clinton Young, Xavier Ellis, Shaun Burgoyne, Jordan Lisle

so many changes each week....cant wait until we get some stability in the team....wont string multiple wins together until we do....

that said....i cant wait to see C.Young back!!..

I like everyone else cant wait until Burger joins our team HOWEVER inthe past 2 weeks we have lost 2 players with hammies early - we cant afford another this week. Our biggest problem has been that we have been killed around the clearances after half time and I put part of this down to being 1 or 2 players short on the bench.

My ins

Osborne - he is one of those underrated players that we have on our list that seem to help us gel as a Premiership side. When he is available I would have him as an automatic selecttion

Youngy - we need his big booming kicks into the forward 50. If we are forced to play Hodgie in the backline then Clinton is a must include player.

Lisle - Without Franklin our forward line will be struggling when we put Roughie into the ruck. We could then rotate Lisle from the forward line onto the ball and let Susie have a break on the bench allowing a small player to come onto the ground into the forward line.

JKT - one thing he has is a big kick - this is what we are lacking at the moment. In 2008, apart from the full zone we played we had a number of players that could collect the ball from the back line and bomb it into the forward line. We are trying to make Birch this type of player but this may not be the option right now - lets give JKT a shot now

Outs

Gibson, Sucking, Moss and Franklin / Morton (if Frankin is not suspended)

My side

Guerra, Gilham, Murphy
Brown, Sheonmakers, Birchall
Bateman, Hodge, Young
Osborne, Franklin / Morton, Ladson
Rioli, Roughead, Peterson

Renouf, Mitchell, Lewis
Int Stratton, Ellis, JKT, Lisle

As has been mentioned earlier Brownie owns Medhurst and we dont need him to start his season against the Hawks. However, if things go pearshape then we can always swop Ladson and Brown around

If we select Young then we give him the respect and start him on the ground and if need be interchange him with JKT. Rotate Ellis and Bateman during the game.

I don't see any sense in Burger playing for BH, What if he plays for BH and does his hammy again or even worse his knee, same thing can happen wether its for BH or the Hawks ,he should come straight into the Hawks side and play 50% atleast it gives us another option and the Pies will need to put a tagger on him and Mitchell can run free

Time to play Cyril's Paddock!

Clear them out of the 50 and send in the passes nice and low. Preferably half volleys.

He'll kick 10.

I was thinking the same thing last weekend when he was running around and kicking goals but I think playing him out of the square with Roughy would work better.... how far away is Milne anyone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm with DannyJ

In: Lisle, Young, Ossie
Out: Franklin (susp), Gibson (inj), Suckling / Moss (omit)

No way Morton will be dropped at this point.

I like the Cyril idea. They could double or triple team him and he'd still kick a bag. Just dribble the ball into him and watch him turn them inside out.

I'm with DannyJ

In: Lisle, Young, Ossie
Out: Franklin (susp), Gibson (inj), Suckling / Moss (omit)

No way Morton will be dropped at this point.

I kinda wanna play our No.9 though. Just don't think they will, but that is a call they will make soon enough

If Franklin misses, Lisle has to play. Buddy provided some reasonable ruck relief this week and losing him will increase the workload for Roughy up forward.

IN: Young, Burgoyne, Lisle, Osborne
OUT: Moss, Suckling, Franklin, Gibson

B: Brent Guerra, Stephen Gilham, Tom Murphy
HB: Grant Birchall, Ben Stratton, Rick Ladson
C: Chance Bateman, Luke Hodge, Cyril Rioli
HF: Carl Peterson, Jarryd Morton, Michael Osborne
F: Campbell Brown, Jarryd Roughead, Ryan Schoenmakers
R: Brent Renouf, Sam Mitchell, Jordan Lewis
IC: Clinton Young, Xavier Ellis, Shaun Burgoyne, Jordan Lisle

I totally agree with MuzzHawk's IN'S & OUT'S :thumbsu: Except I think you will find Shoenmakers (Cloke) & Browny (Medhurst) play down back this week.

If Burgoyne doesn't come in..Bring on JKT instead but I really hope we can see Burgoyne named...would be a huge build up :D

Play Burgoyne Full Forward!!!

Will be shocked--- given precedent- if Burgoyne plays... Me thinks
dasher and someone from BH will be the likely inclusions... I would like to see the following lineup:

FB: guerra gilham birchall
HB: Ladson Stratton Ellis
C: Young mitchell muston
HF: Osborne Shoey Bateman
FF: rioli roughead brown
foll: twister, hodge, Lewis

IC: Peterson, Morton, moss, lisle
emerg: jkt, Murphy, suckling

I totally agree with MuzzHawk's IN'S & OUT'S :thumbsu: Except I think you will find Shoenmakers (Cloke) & Browny (Medhurst) play down back this week.

If Burgoyne doesn't come in..Bring on JKT instead but I really hope we can see Burgoyne named...would be a huge build up :D

Yeah I think it will end up happening with Schoey. I think Brown will stay forward though.
Cloke - Schoey
Anthony - Gilham
Medhurst - Murphy
Davis - Ladson
Didak - Bateman

Hodge, Stratton can provide support when Jolly/Fraser go forward.

Brown needs to stay forward to keep Heath Shaw honest should he play.

I'd like to see

Out: Franklin (susp), Gibson(inj), Moss & Suckling (form)
In: Lisle(only replacement for kf or Ruck), Osborne, Young, Burgoyne

Wouldn't mind adding Sewell to that in list but still think he's a week away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back