Changes: Gold Coast vs Fold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Darlings form has been astonishingly bad.

His last 3 games, compared to what he did in 2018, from someone who has played 177 games... Just dreadful. Not playing with any heart or mental/physical effort.

Half assed attemps, not strong over the footy, looks disinterested and isn't busting a gut or trying to influence the game. Just going through the motions.

Honestly deserves to be taken down a peg in the WAFL because whatever we've done with him in 2019, it isn't working.

Didn’t watch today, only score updates but with Barrass out do we look to Brander more full time in the backline? Give him an extended run with the knowledge his position is somewhat secure.

We desperately need more speed through the midfield.

Others won't agree but Brander should be given more opportunity , looks a talented player with good potential .

I didn't watch so purely off what I'm reading and stats.

Darling should be dropped for Waterman.
Mallen should come in but I'm unsure who for. He's primarily a mid these days so maybe Masten with Gaff shifted to purely outside. Or maybe Venables if they want to target one of the half forwards.

The problem is, who the f*ck comes into the side to fix 2 50-odd point smashings? This isnt a personnel issue, this is a gameplan and effort issue.

Jesus Christ himself could pull on a guernsey for us next week and we'd still probably get beaten in contested possessions.

He was the bald guy playing in the Geelong jumper today.

Any calls for Mastennout thus week are.from those who dont know much about footy or have their Masto hate blinkers on. Easily in the best half of the team this week even if thats not a high bar.
He will not be dropped this week so.save your breath. Cue 27 shit posts from HT calling for mastos head cos he schtuped his missus repeatedly.
He cant lay a tackle. Just watches them run by. For that alone he should be dropped

Headline: Matty Alllen to make his debut under all scenarios. Not as a forward but to be starting as our inside bull midfielder. We need to address weaknesses

Others - Oscar looks out of confidence while Schofield is out of form. There could be more on a body of 2 - 3 weeks that are considered lucky to stay but no our style to mass change

In: MAllen, Redden
Out: Schofield, OAllen
Brander to be given the role as Full Back for the next month
Darling to be the second ruck - he needs to get physical as his current efforts are light hearted
Shuey - he is struggling so let him play in the forward line which he is capable of doing

Defenders (7)
Hurn Brander Sheppard
Jetta McGovern Duggan
Cole on bench

Forwards (7)
Shuey Darling Venables
Ryan JK Petruccelle
Cripps on bench

Midfield (8)
Hickey (going solo)
Yeo Hutchings MAllen Redden
Masten Gaff
Sheed

People aiming at Venables, Ryan etc are missing many issues. As regards the forward line it has to be on Kennedy, Darling + Cripps. Kennedy is struggling but not without redeeming features - Darling and Cripps have been absolutely awful and they need to be the focus of forwardline ire. Our midfield and transition from half back to the forward is impossibly bad. But the forwards being impotent has a role in that

Marsden should still be out of the team.

Just because he wasn't in our worst 4 players on the ground this week doesn't change the fact our team structure is still currently up the shit.

We're one midfielder too many and he's clearly the worst mid we have playing.

No inside 50's this week, which is normally one of his few selling points.

Saturday forecast, showers 3-8mm. Welp. :eek: I think the Suns are a genuine chance against us, I really do.

Haven't decided on all the changes just yet but SURELY MAllen gets a debut this week.

Waterman has to come in or Brander needs to be pushed up to a high half forward instead of sitting on a wing. We have no link between the wing and forward line. Lecras played that role a bit last year, but no one has really taken his spot. Our three forwards are far too similar, especially Allen and Darling. There's only room for one of those two, and I'll back Darling to regain his form. If he continues his form slump then bring Allen back in for him.

Cole has been pretty horrible. We are also getting smashed in contested possession so Redden is an obvious in.

In: Redden, Rotham
Out: Allen, Cole

Just because he wasn't in our worst 4 players on the ground this week doesn't change the fact our team structure is still currently up the shit.

Also went at 100% and played as a defensive winger. While I don't want them dropped Gaff/Sheed were way worse.

I think Simmo will be one of the coaches for AFL360 on Monday night. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say and where he sees changes can be made.

I think he will be pushed on 3 issues:

1. Can West Coast cope being the hunted
2. Is there a premiership hangover
3. Can the Eagles win in the wet
4. What is happening with Optus and injuries

I predict absolutely no input on any player changes. We all know that the club "back in our current team and structures"

He cant lay a tackle. Just watches them run by. For that alone he should be dropped
Did you just watch that game? Going of your metric of.not.being able to lay a tackle we would be dropping 20 blokes this week. He laid 3 today btw.
I repeat- he will not be dropped next week.
Anyone keen to bet their account on it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They aren't going to drop Darling yet, especially with a game against GC coming up, a chance to find some form.
Rotham for Cole or Schofield
Waterman for Allen
Mallen for Venables
Cripps needs to find some footy fast or he's the next one for the hook. Don't think he's smart enough to know what to do without Lecras telling him.

G

Gaff by far our worst mid. Got plenty of it and just turned it over, hus kicking is diabolical but his handballing is much worse. He does more harm than good atm.

Saturday forecast, showers 3-8mm. Welp. :eek: I think the Suns are a genuine chance against us, I really do.

Haven't decided on all the changes just yet but SURELY MAllen gets a debut this week.

Yikes. If that's the forecast I'm putting my tickets up for resale.

I'll be damned if I'm sitting in the rain like the missus did vs port 2 weeks ago and watch them play like that again.

Only get the chance to go to a handful of games a year, think I'll save this one.

How are we one mid too many when the change was Redden out, Venables in.

The personnel is right in line with last year’s optimal numbers in each line.

Another week with a team of scapegoat changes immediately after the game. Not sure I'll feel like posting a more conservative team later in the week this time, though.

Out: Darling ("managed"), Cripps, Hutchings, Masten
In: Vardy, Smith, Redden, Mellen

B: Sheppard, Schofield, Hurn
HB: Duggan, McGovern, Jetta
C: Gaff, Shuey, Sheed
HF: Petruccelle, Ollen, Brander
F: Ryan, Kennedy, Vardy
R: Hickey, Yeo, Redden
I: Cole, Mellen, Venables, Smith
E: Waterman, Rotham, Hutchings, Masten (held over)

Darling has been woeful for a few weeks in a row. I seriously doubt the club will drop him to the WAFL, calling it soreness and giving him a week off to freshen up is more plausible. Vardy to come back in to help out vs Witts and 2metre Peter, Allen to play as a genuine key target.

Cripps has also been woeful. Smith in to replace him as a pressure forward, his game in that role against GWS was better than anything Cripps has produced since the Collingwood game.

Hutchings to make way for Redden to come back in and help with contested possessions. Or Redden probably needs foot surgery as well, in which case Hutch holds his spot. But he was poor with ball in hand today and I'm not sure we need to tag anyone in the Suns' midfield.

Mellen for Masten. At half-time I thought Masten had done enough, but five touches in a half isn't sufficient even for his low-possession role. Mellen needs to be given a chance and this is the best way to make it happen. At his age, Masten could probably use a week off as well so he can be the standby emergency.

Venables and Brander survive mostly because I don't want young players axed after one week. Brander worked his way into it in the second half.

Tell that to Gazza! Interesting issue that one actually... On one hand free speech means the right to make a twat of yourself like Gaz did. On the other homophobia is disgusting and should be 100% called out wherever possible. All I know is if that was a West Coast player or basically just a non-Victorian champ oh boy..... They would crucify them and their Jesus-loving asses.
Sorry if I missed something but what did Gaz do?

The big change is Darling needs to go out - Allen maybe too... there’s something not right with JD he’s not even half the player he can be. Allen kept trying and improved late so perhaps he stays. Ryan has been invisible lately.

Waterman, M Allen, Brooksby and Nelson all need to come under consideration. It’s not because they’re better players necessarily but because they’re having a ****ing go

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes: Gold Coast vs Fold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back