Prediction Round 7, 2024: Changes vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trew definitely took the spot that was there for Dev. Trew and Baker should have gone. In hindsight Sharp on a wing and a spot for the MSD would have been the best outcome. We had enough cover for Yeo (Sheed and Culley have been irrelevant to date) IMO but do see where you’re coming from.

Sharp was never coming to West Coast and Baker was worth persevering with for another year

Well I was listening to Simmo being interviewed on 6PR this evening and he mentioned somebody had a corkie however whoever he was talking about said he didn’t get up in time for this weekends game, however I missed the name of the player so perhaps it was Long?
yep

Sharp was never coming to West Coast and Baker was worth persevering with for another year
Agree on Sharp but disagree on Baker. Can’t see him playing a game for us and we need that (or Trew’s) Cat A spot.

Simpson on 6PR

• Edwards to play in the Barrass role
• Long has a cork to his hip flexor and just didn’t quite recover. Hoped he’ll be ready for Essendon
• Johnston will travel but won’t play
• Culley will also travel and he s in the mix for a game
• Still working through whether or not Sheed will be the sub
• Reid was a bit sore on Monday so they took the opportunity to rest him. Expect they’ll do something similar in the back half of the year
Is the iaudio of the nterview online?

Thinking Barrass straight swap with Edwards.

Ryan would of had Brockman dropped but Longy hurt himself.

Sheed will start and Sub with Culley unless a late change happens because of wet weather ie J Williams. Culley can play J Williams role with some mid time. He 194cm.

Attached Image, Y'all musta forgot. images.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't know that.

“I was very lucky that throughout the whole year, I was able to stay in contact with Fremantle,” Sharp said. “At the back end of the season, we were able to build up a strategy to get me to Freo.

That was after Freo failed to close a trade the year earlier

He was set on going to Fremantle

I can't believe Cripps has been named on the wing. How are we going to kick any goals without the most important guy to our structures leading the side for pressure acts and doing all that irreplaceable work off the ball in f50? Gee I hope Liam Ryan knows how to play football, taking an incredible risk here. Almost stinks of match fixing, first drop Reid now just inexplicably move Cripps to the wing? Do match committee not read big footy? He's the first picked forward every week for a reason and this is playing with fire. etc etc. Long out, Cripps repurposed up field, Ryan and Culley into the forward pockets. Almost as if the clubs decided that's the safest space to drop someone who's underdone or relatively inexperienced and not the key position you build Premierships around after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe Cripps has been named on the wing. How are we going to kick any goals without the most important guy to our structures leading the side for pressure acts and doing all that irreplaceable work off the ball in f50? Gee I hope Liam Ryan knows how to play football, taking an incredible risk here. Almost stinks of match fixing, first drop Reid now just inexplicably move Cripps to the wing? Do match committee not read big footy? He's the first picked forward every week for a reason and this is playing with fire. etc etc. Long out, Cripps repurposed up field, Ryan and Culley into the forward pockets. Almost as if the clubs decided that's the safest space to drop someone who's underdone or relatively inexperienced and not the key position you build Premierships around after all.

Given your weird obsession with Cripps, I would have assumed you’d know he’s been named on the wing a few times this year already.

You don’t know that

“I was very lucky that throughout the whole year, I was able to stay in contact with Fremantle,” Sharp said. “At the back end of the season, we were able to build up a strategy to get me to Freo.

That was after Freo failed to close a trade the year earlier

He was set on going to Fremantle

I'm aware of the trade falling over the year before. At the end of the day we needed him more than they did, had more money than they did, and he was taken outside the draft. If we were into him with genuine offers and he was knocking us back you'd think his management would have been putting it out there and trying to drive up the offer from Freo. It seems very much the case that we simply didn't want him and didn't try to get him. And yet, we have no genuine wing in the squad at all apart from Gaff. Quite weird. Anyway I'm keen to see how Cripps goes on the weekend as he's got all the attributes to have an impact there, could be a decent stopgap option for us for 12 months until we can draft for a need there, or until Johnston comes on maybe.

Given your weird obsession with Cripps, I would have assumed you’d know he’s been named on the wing a few times this year already.

Its not so much of an obsession as it is just a bit of light recreation, given most of the people on this board have no sense of humour and are addicted to whining about other people having an opinion they don't agree with.

Its not so much of an obsession as it is just a bit of light recreation, given most of the people on this board have no sense of humour and are addicted to whining about other people having an opinion they don't agree with.
It's not that we mind other people having an opinion we don't agree with, it's just that your particular opinion on Cripps is dumb as hell and you keep doubling down on it

Last edited:
It's not that we mind other people having an opinion we don't agree with, it's just that you're particular opinion on Cripps is dumb as hell and you keep doubling down on it

You don't know that.

32 year old playing in least important position on the field. In a team probably 5 years away from properly contending again. Around 8 players under 22 we could rotate through that spot. Is that the kind of guy whose spot you take a hard look at? Have countless other players been in the same position and been moved or given a new role? I'd of thought so. Didn't even offer an opinion when I put him in my outs, didn't even have him in my original outs. Suggested he make way for Liam Ryan [our best small forward by some margin] because I don't want the development of some younger players to stall, but did not say so. Then challenged on it by half a dozen people so explain my reasoning to a couple of them then move on. Most of my posts since have been jokes about the insane reaction. Yeah nah your right, it was a completely outside the realm of rational thought and just a coincidence the most negative and miserable blokes on the forum who don't seem to do much other than criticise other posters suddenly have something to get excited about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back