Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 10 vs. Port Adelaide, MCG Sun 23/05 @ 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad we’ve persisted with Wilson even if it’s potentially at the expense of Keane or Murphy. Just think it’s best to give new players a run of games instead of dumping them after one.

Buckley's presser today was depressing. He seemed up and about and it seems to me he knows something we don't.
His comment 'for some reason we lose our dare after quarter time' was demoralizing. For some reason says the man who has been in charge for ten years. 🙄
Apparently all teams go through a state of flux. The Hawks are in a state of flux and cuddling their five flags from recent years for comfort.
Geelong played off in a GF and prelim and went out and recruited 3 excellent players and are even stronger.
Richmond have won 3 and on target for 4 with no sign of flux on the horizon.
But we had one good year. Be content pie fans. We are regenerating. Cal Brown selected again.
I found it uplifting

Cal and Josh both in.

Murphy not recalled to the 22 and seemingly not showing enough form whilst sidelined with concussion.

Never change Bucks.

Murphy showed more out with concussion than either Brown and Thomas last week.

I see T. Brown is named across half forward (FWIW).

Is he the one earmarked to take on the role of a forward in place of Henry?

Obviously he wont have to do a lot to match the output of young Henry but personally I'd prefer Murphy in that role and we keep giving Brown as much midfield time as possible to see if he can display some signs of development in the position.

Adams returning is even more of a reason why either Cal or Josh shouldn't be in the 22 ahead of Murphy IMO.

He is a very polished performer and was excellent in the presser - honest and expansive, and upbeat for a guy with the world on his shoulders, in an imploding club environment.
Ask why is it imploding?
For whom does the bell toll?
No man is an island unto himself.
It tolls for thee, as well, NB.

Glad we’ve persisted with Wilson even if it’s potentially at the expense of Keane or Murphy. Just think it’s best to give new players a run of games instead of dumping them after one.

Buckley's comments clearly indicate that is the path we are heading down now.

It's a bit at odds with Keane looking most likely to be one of our replacements when Roughead and Howe hang up the boots a year or two down the track, but I guess the selection committee already know what they're getting with Keane to a degree, so they want to see what Wilson might bring to the table even though he didn't show much last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see T. Brown is named across half forward (FWIW).

Is he the one earmarked to take on the role of a forward in place of Henry?

Obviously he wont have to do a lot to match the output of young Henry but personally I'd prefer Murphy in that role and we keep giving Brown as much midfield time as possible to see if he can display some signs of development in the position.

Adams returning is even more of a reason why either Cal or Josh shouldn't be in the 22 ahead of Murphy IMO.
I wouldn't worry about how they appear at this point. It's not always how they end up being lined up.

Why make him sub, where he risks getting no game time at either level?
He has nothing to prove at VFL level so i this one I’m not too mad about

Brown brothers make a nice wine, but they have zero business on an AFL field, this is Blair mrkII, exept we have 2 of them now, Bucks loves them, want's to prove everyone wrong, open your ****ing eyes campaigner!!

its an irrelevant stat - we’ve blooded heaps of kid this year.
What the averages are in any given game therefore doesn’t matter.

You make it sound as though we have finished blooding kids. That process is far from finished.

Dragging it out by playing 7 veterans each week only lengthens the time it takes for the kids to reach the desired 50-150 games bracket they need to get to before we contend again

You make it sound as though we have finished blooding kids. That process is far from finished.

Dragging it out by playing 7 veterans each week only lengthens the time it takes for the kids to reach the desired 50-150 games bracket they need to get to before we contend again

Kids need experienced on field leadership to accelerate their development - just getting game time is not enough

You think it’s wise for a bottom 4 team to field one of the oldest and most experienced sides of the round?

Its just a statistical anomoly because we have a significant lack of depth in the 21-24 age bracket. You cant play too many 18 year olds in the one game.. it will just break them.

Averages can be misleading. The 22 isnt that old. We will have Poulter McCreery Wilson and T Brown out there tomorrow along with the likes of Noble Daicos CAmeron (young in terms of games played). Arguably one more kid (eg Bianco) could have got a run but thats only at the fringes. You cant just chuck them all in.

Henry Ruscoe RAntall Keane and Macrae have been played and will get more chances. , and Bianco is knocking on the door after injury, Murphy has been treated conservatively after concussion, Reef is injured...

Re dragging out the process - I expect this will be the pattern for the year. Guys like Keane may be in and out of the team, rested, managed, swapped with other kids, with a core of older players retained to help hold it together - our 2021 version of ‘holding it together’ which, despite how utterly awful we are, is to avoid an absolute flogging. We haven’t yet lost a game by more than 30 points.:oops:

For that reason we may see some baffling ins and outs, as the club tries to balance age/experience/position/skill set, while still exposing the kids.

It’s a rough year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back