Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 10 vs. Port Adelaide, MCG Sun 23/05 @ 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilson and Henry were especially poor, Noble close behind. Noble has to be dropped, gifting games is not good.

I think we give Wilson thebenefit of the doubt, and play him again. We were under intense pressure and I’ll put his shockingly poor performance down to 1st game nerves. I feel he is too timid to make it, perhaps we try him on a wing.

Henry gets dropped because there is no point burning his confidence playing ins such a dysfunctional side when he’s too slight to have an impact.

I didn’t watch thefourth quarter, but up until 3/4 time Callum Brown stays...we have nobody better and he puts his head over the ball and at least tries to have an impact. 2 tackles inside 50 and 5 score involvements is sufficient.

Anyone know who were in the bests for the VFL game ? If there’s any game to get up for, this is the one. We don’t have the quality or depth, but we can at least go in with some aggression and spirit. If that’s not evident, surely it’s goodbye Bucks.

Noble has pace. He is far from our worst. BUT, we have nobody better as a small HBF.
We will need to mind Robbie Gray, Motlop, Fantasia, and Rozee in Port's forward line.
All we have is Quaynor, Noble, and then we rely on Mayne and Maynard to play small. We have nobody else...
??
The cupboard is bare, that's true. I am on Nobles case today because I was watching a period in the 3rd quarter where he consistently missed targets under no pressure or kicked it out on the full. Shortly after, he did something well. He ran down a Swans player from behind, won a holding the ball. Well done mate. But then what does he do? He duffs the kick and Swans gather it and launch another attack. I despair for our future sometimes.

Anyone know who were in the bests for the VFL game ? If there’s any game to get up for, this is the one. We don’t have the quality or depth, but we can at least go in with some aggression and spirit. If that’s not evident, surely it’s goodbye Bucks.
Nobody really stood out. Bianco and Macrae were decent without dominating. Kelly was good down back without tohill. It really was just a lacklustre performance after quarter time for the most part unfortunately. Nobody pressed for selection

Out : Thomas, Mayne
In: Murphy, Roughead

I'm keeping the youngsters in, let them continue to develop at senior level. I would like to see Wilson on the bigger ground at the G, and not the stamp sized SCG. Henry l will persist with up forward.

The cupboard is bare, that's true. I am on Nobles case today because I was watching a period in the 3rd quarter where he consistently missed targets under no pressure or kicked it out on the full. Shortly after, he did something well. He ran down a Swans player from behind, won a holding the ball. Well done mate. But then what does he do? He duffs the kick and Swans gather it and launch another attack. I despair for our future sometimes.
Lol. He wasn’t the only one that had a stinker in terms of clangers..Sideass, Pendles, CBrown, TBrown, and those that were ordinary - Checkers, Grundy, DeGoey..
We are an ordinarily coached and managed club, that saps the confidence and enthusiasm of our players.. And the result is quarters of games where we go goalless...

Lol. He wasn’t the only one that had a stinker in terms of clangers..Sideass, Pendles, CBrown, TBrown, and those that were ordinary - Checkers, Grundy, DeGoey..
We are an ordinarily coached and managed club, that saps the confidence and enthusiasm of our players.. And the result is quarters of games where we go goalless...
No argument from me on any of that, but we've got to start trying to fix things somewhere. And Noble is where I'd start.

No argument from me on any of that, but we've got to start trying to fix things somewhere. And Noble is where I'd start.
I’d start with the assistant coaches.. from today!!!
Then at the end of the year, tell Wrighty to hand pick who he wants in the footy department to stay, and the rest can go.
We can then start to worry about what players we keep, what we need, and who might not make it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ginnivan is a good prospect, but l don't think a 3 disposal game is going to get you promoted....

Be no worse then what C Brown and Thomas does and His an Actual Small Forward and not a mid been put there out of Postion

Whose fault is that? I don't think Grundy, Crisp, Pendles, Daicos and Sidey is a terrible midfield. Adams and Elliott will help in the 2nd half of the season

Couldn't agree more, we are far far from potential, was hoping this would be a year of game and player development and haven't seen much of either. With the squad we've got I reckon we're potentially 7th to 11th, not bottom 4.

Last edited:
Interesting to see if we can get more than 18000 to the game. It blows my mind how Richmond fans claim to be so passionate yet not turn up for a game because they are in a slight slump and they have to travel to Marvel Stadium. They have won 3 flags in 4 years and they still jump off the moment they are struggling, however temporary.
We got mocked for getting 25000 to the gold coast game when we were sitting near the bottom of the ladder after a horrendous preseason.
We got checkers over the line for Mark of the day last week. It seems the tiger fans have truly fallen off the wagon.

If we get sub 20k I think that might send a message to the club, actually I'm more hoping they get the message. Actually edit, who am I kidding they won't listen - they'll just continue to stick their fingers in their ears and pretend everything's rosy.

Rantall, McRae, Bianco, Kelly, Tohill... some of these guys need to get a look in before the bye.

Just a case of rotating players through and resting older players with niggles

Better off giving the kids a run through and finishing 2nd last than playing the senior players and finishing 3rd-4th last

Rantall, McRae, Bianco, Kelly, Tohill... some of these guys need to get a look in before the bye.

Just a case of rotating players through and resting older players with niggles

Better off giving the kids a run through and finishing 2nd last than playing the senior players and finishing 3rd-4th last

Doubt Tohill will being Injured. Rantall had a Shocker in the VFL but Kelly,Macrae and Bianco could come in

Doubt Tohill will being Injured. Rantall had a Shocker in the VFL but Kelly,Macrae and Bianco could come in

All of Rantall, McRae and Bianco averaging over 20 touches in the VFL. Rantall was ordinary and Bianco might need another week or two but I’d bring McRae back in firstly. Been solid in the VFL for a few weeks now

Umm, mate you do realize that skills are the responsibility of the coaches to develop in the players right?

Port by at least 80 points.
Some things are inherent, no matter how much Licuria trained he was always going to be an average kick. Kicking was not his strength, he had others. Our disposal and intellect through the middle is diabolical. That isn’t the coaches fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back