Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 7 vs. Gold Coast, MCG Sat 01/05 @ 1:45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know how it works they put a Collingwood player on every article to attract more readers.
I think the article you were referring to was telling people to put Grundy captain in supercoach because GC have no ruck. Not sure who the injured player was, but it wasn't the pies.
I should’ve known better. I didn’t think he was injured, but without being able to read it, the mind wandered..

So has the running affected there kicking?
Not having anyone run to receive a handball or a kick probably has. Rewatch the Essendon game and notice how often Daicos, Pendles and Sidey got the ball got into the clear, looked up, then held onto it and had to try to weave into the clear again before just dumping it forward. Daics and Pendles were good enough to get into the clear again and there dumps looked better, whereas Sidey kept getting caught or it was a complete scrag forward.

I'm often critical of the coaches, but this year I don't think there was much the coaches could do. The game has opened up and Crisp and Sidebottom are the only blokes in our team who are good runners - with Sidebottom being needed on the inside because we're currently so weak there.
I think there’s plenty the coaches could have done. Changes were needed regardless before our offseason and the game opening up is only magnefying that.

Sidebottom’s only needed inside because our coaching staff can’t commit to playing Crisp and De Goey there permanently and after his performance against West Coast and Essendon I’d hardly say what he does on the inside in “needed”.

If our side was failing because of our lack of runners fair enough but it’s not atm.

I think there’s plenty the coaches could have done. Changes were needed regardless before our offseason and the game opening up is only magnefying that.

Sidebottom’s only needed inside because our coaching staff can’t commit to playing Crisp and De Goey there permanently and after his performance against West Coast and Essendon I’d hardly say what he does on the inside in “needed”.

If our side was failing because of our lack of runners fair enough but it’s not atm.
Yeah I wouldn't play Sidey on the inside. I'm hoping they have a look at Maynard there soon.

Agree. We need VFL games at least into our youngsters. Guys like Greenwood, Mayne, Callum should rotate through the subs - or a senior guy who is coming up to needing a lighter week.
Mayne seems like the perfect sub to me. Great influence on the players and can play a number of positions. Doesn’t need games to maintain fitness.

Mayne seems like the perfect sub to me. Great influence on the players and can play a number of positions. Doesn’t need games to maintain fitness.
Agree. I wonder if teams will start treating the sub as a role and start having a bloke on the list as sub. Might add a year or two to some careers. Cats could have rolled out Gaz as the sub for a couple more years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selection decisions like this tell me that unlike some supporters, the club are still aiming for finals. Until it’s a mathematical impossibility that’s as it should be.

During a post-training press conference this past fortnight, Buckley said words to the effect that their preference is to bring young players in for blocks of games and that they regretted bringing Henry in for Rd1 and dropping him for Rd2. Next minute, they do the same thing to Rantall, after playing him out of position on debut. Such backflips don’t exactly engender trust between the players and coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

During a post-training press conference this past fortnight, Buckley said words to the effect that their preference is to bring young players in for blocks of games and that they regretted bringing Henry in for Rd1 and dropping him for Rd2. Next minute, they do the same thing to Rantall, after playing him out of position on debut. Such backflips don’t exactly engender trust between the players and coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Has the team been named?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back