Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 7 vs. Gold Coast, MCG Sat 01/05 @ 1:45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does giving him one game, played in an unfamiliar position/role, help him or the team?

I would much prefer the adoption of a policy that once selected, each debutant gets a minimum of three consecutive games. That gives them time to find their feet and settle in, without fear of immediately being dropped. It also gives the coaches the chance to see them in a couple of positions to see what works best.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Does the concept of a ‘general rule’ mean nothing to you??

Hope so.. it would be a good move all round

Yeah, I agree. Mayne brings the experience and versatility you want in a sub.

If thats the criteria then there are some lucky boys in that side. You wouldn't give them a game against weaker opposition? Makes no sense to me.

Agree.

We have players who dish up nothing week after week but our young blokes get dropped without a second chance.

We are playing Gold Coast. Clearly a game where we could experiment with playing Macrae and Rantall in their actual preferred positions and see how they go....

Logic seems in short supply these days.

I like the idea of a development coach playing in the VFL as I think players learn more from teammates than their off field coaches.

Yes, when they ask you to captain the seconds, to provide leadership, it’s either a yes for your final year or retire. They are basically saying you don’t fit into our plans for a senior role.

Good to have JDG back into the team. Adds another layer to the midfield/forward line.

I think Moore has to play defence this week, as Ben King will run Madgen and Keane ragged up forward. Suns play a good brand of football so take them lightly at your peril.

Going to be a beautiful day tomorrow in Melbourne so I'm looking forward to this attending this game at the traditional Saturday afternoon time slot.

Good to have JDG back into the team. Adds another layer to the midfield/forward line.

I think Moore has to play defence this week, as Ben King will run Madgen and Keane ragged up forward. Suns play a good brand of football so take them lightly at your peril.

Going to be a beautiful day tomorrow in Melbourne so I'm looking forward to this attending this game at the traditional Saturday afternoon time slot.
The Madge is not playing...

Be Roughead and Keane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With DeGoey coming back its way too much to expect to be able to get away with playing both MAcRae and Rantall. If Rantall is the sub then thats a better balance.

Keane in is a good call as he was only out due to suspension anyway. We need to get games into him
We probably also need Mayne although I'd prefer Sier
Not sure about dropping Kelly, too much revolving door stuff. Same as bringing Poulter in.... they will probably drop him in a week or two as well!

With DeGoey coming back its way too much to expect to be able to get away with playing both MAcRae and Rantall. If Rantall is the sub then thats a better balance.

Keane in is a good call as he was only out due to suspension anyway. We need to get games into him
We probably also need Mayne although I'd prefer Sier
Not sure about dropping Kelly, too much revolving door stuff. Same as bringing Poulter in.... they will probably drop him in a week or two as well!
Kelly is a long way off it in my book, missed to much footy. Needs a solid block in VFL in the SAME position to develop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back