Unofficial Preview Changes & pre match discussion vs Brisbane (Gather Round) *in memory of Scamper*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Came here to ask the same question. Is it because he is the fittest bloke on the list? … more than that, how has he played 100 games? Does he understand the game plans? Is he helping and directing? There has to be something I aint seein
Is it not as simple as he gets to where he needs to be on field, structurally, more often than most, and he can do it for four quarters?

Defending Howe is not the hill I want to die on but
I just don’t get this criticism
He stays on a man He makes position
His problem is foot disposal, it’s patchy
the rest of his game is good and none of the others can keep up
I would play Goat and Bergs too but plenty certain that is the 2024 team

What are you saying about Corr JZ Lmac they all have limitations so does Logie and BMac

What are you saying about Corr JZ Lmac they all have limitations so does Logie and BMac
Yeah, and Bailey Scott. Nobody mentions him.

I would suspect that Howe follows Clarko’s instructions to a T which is why he’s getting a game. At the embryonic stages of implementing a new game plan, he probably values that highly.

I would suspect that Howe follows Clarko’s instructions to a T which is why he’s getting a game. At the embryonic stages of implementing a new game plan, he probably values that highly.

You’re right and I hadn’t thought of that.

Clarko must be telling him to fumble and do not take clean possession under any circumstance.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Literally every disposal is a turn over. He can't mark, kick or handball. We have Hugh Greenwood who has been one of our better players in games he's played this year. Young showed improvement last year - hasn't been given a sniff this year. Dawson was recruited to fill a void, I thought last week maybe but he wasn't looked at.

Only thing Howe benefiting our team at the moment is structural based.

You’re right and I hadn’t thought of that.

Clarko must be telling him to fumble and do not take clean possession under any circumstance.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mistakes happen. And yes he’s not great. But if Clarko thinks he’s worthwhile than I’m happy to live with it.

Noise at sporting events is a malignant thing. It happens everywhere all the time. At test matches about 40 minutes before the match starts the loudspeakers start assaulting my ears. At all Melbourne footy games they obviously think the crowds consist of 10 year olds with ADHT.

How often have you heard, "Come on ..... supporters, make some noise".

Then they read out each player as they and their stats are flashed up on the scoreboard. I didn't know there were so many blind people going to the footy and you can get far better stats on your phone anyway.

Remember a few years ago when the girl doing these intrusive, jarring and totally unnecessary announcement got several of our players wrong. She was castigated but I thought it hilarious.

Down with all noise at the footy, not coming from us supporters. Let's pull down all the loudspeakers. What's wrong with some silence, chatting to your mates or listening to your own thoughts.

It’s the Basketballisation of AFL

Had the fortune of attending a NBA game and 2 hours went in a blink because you have non stop entertainment even in time outs

But that works because of the immediacy of the Stadium

At AFL stadiums we are hundreds of metres apart and hundreds from the Screen or Stage

To be fair, this is a more legitimate football ground than either the SCG or the bowling alley at Geelong, both of which should be deregistered and demolished.

They had a chance at Geelong but the Road outside won out on that Eastern Wing.

A lost opportunity

Again Howe isn’t mr right, we know this he’s purely mr right now.

Once Perez/Goater et al get afl tanks and consistency they’ll overtake him . We need that run right now. I’d be surprised if it’s the case by round 12

Mistakes happen. And yes he’s not great. But if Clarko thinks he’s worthwhile than I’m happy to live with it.
Clarko thought he was worthwhile at Hawthorn, and watching their games purely as a neutral, that puzzled me greatly. But again, everybody has blind spots, and Perez is literally the only one in the magoos who made a case for selection

Clarko thought he was worthwhile at Hawthorn, and watching their games purely as a neutral, that puzzled me greatly. But again, everybody has blind spots, and Perez is literally the only one in the magoos who made a case for selection

I’m sure there was some ordinary conveyances he played at Hawthorn in the lead up to 2007 when they came good.

We’ve won 9 games and drawn 1 in the last 3 seasons. If a 4 time premiership coach feels the need to play Daniel Howe in the initial stages of his rebuild, then I’m not going to question it.

Jack Gunston likely to be out (1:20sec)...

Sorry about mentioning Ziebell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back