Preview Changes & Preview for Semi Final 2 vs Hawthorn @AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's about time they did.

They’ve spent the entire year noshing him off, now we’re back to serving as the Washington Generals for the purposes of the heartland fairytale.

Just a mindboggling situation, this.

IN: Visentini, Sinn, Lorenz, Empty Seat, New Coach
OUT: Dixon (Retire), McEntee (Delist), Butters (Inj), Me, Ken Hinkley

Lorenz sub
No one mentions Dylan Williams being as our half back line is now decimated.
Ivan Soldo? Is he still alive? Surely he would move better than Dixon.
DBJ ever plays in the backline again we should just fold as a club.

No one mentions Dylan Williams being as our half back line is now decimated.
Ivan Soldo? Is he still alive? Surely he would move better than Dixon.
DBJ ever plays in the backline again we should just fold as a club.
Re Williams, we look slow as it is, he will make us look glacial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's bring in Andrew Moore for another crack at that kick back in 2014

I know that a loss could be the end of Ken Hinkley and therefore I should encourage a straight sets exit

BUT

I still want us to win this. So many of these listed players need to get a finals win under their belt so they at least have something to build upon for future seasons, especially Horne-Francis. The probability of making a finals appearance after 2 back-to-back straight sets exits would be low regardless of whether or not the coach changes.

As for my preferred changes (And probably not actual knowing the coaches)

• DROP (And retire) Dixon and take a risk on Marshall. Even if there's the danger surrounding his concussion situation we can't afford to drag Dixon's corpse out for a do or die game.
  • NEVER sent DBJ to the defense ever again. He is a small forward from now until his career ends.
  • Rozee goes to half back so he can build confidence through some easier disposals and stop chickening out of the finals pressure
  • STOP playing Franky and McEntee in the same team. It's either one or the other, and that alone is still a risk, but two NPC forwards are going to make it too easy for the opposition to intercept and gather without contest.
  • If Butters isn't fit to play then just say f--k it and give Lorenz a debut
I would say we're better chance to win this game while Ken's entire job is potentially on the line, but since we NEVER beat a team in the finals that we already beat earlier in the year it probably won't matter.

The only interest is how many frees there small forwards will get.. and whether is double or triple our total

Other than that..

Hawks by anywhere between 40-90 depending on what quarter we give up..

In: Sinn and Marshall

Out: McEntee and Dixon

Ken has already stated that the team won't have wholesale changes at this point. Bring Sinn in so DBJ can return to the forward line and Marshall comes in for Dixon since we need movement and Dixon can barely walk let alone run.

Last edited:
This is a mismatch of clubs in a final if there ever was one.

In one corner there's Hawthorn. A club who have won a flag in every decade since the 60's from memory. Who knows what it takes to build dominant sides. They are riding a wave of momentum with a team that is built to exploit our weaknesses. Oh and they're coached by a guy who played in 4 flags and has an attacking game plan based around his team's strengths.

In the other corner is Port Adelaide. A club with a group of players who freeze in finals. With an AFL history that is littered with disastrous finals exits and calamities. Who are coached by the exact opposite of Sam Mitchell.

You couldn't script it any better.

I know that a loss could be the end of Ken Hinkley and therefore I should encourage a straight sets exit

BUT

I still want us to win this. So many of these listed players need to get a finals win under their belt so they at least have something to build upon for future seasons, especially Horne-Francis. The probability of making a finals appearance after 2 back-to-back straight sets exits would be low regardless of whether or not the coach changes.

As for my preferred changes (And probably not actual knowing the coaches)

• DROP (And retire) Dixon and take a risk on Marshall. Even if there's the danger surrounding his concussion situation we can't afford to drag Dixon's corpse out for a do or die game.
  • NEVER sent DBJ to the defense ever again. He is a small forward from now until his career ends.
  • Rozee goes to half back so he can build confidence through some easier disposals and stop chickening out of the finals pressure
  • STOP playing Franky and McEntee in the same team. It's either one or the other, and that alone is still a risk, but two NPC forwards are going to make it too easy for the opposition to intercept and gather without contest.
  • If Butters isn't fit to play then just say f--k it and give Lorenz a debut
I would say we're better chance to win this game while Ken's entire job is potentially on the line, but since we NEVER beat a team in the finals that we already beat earlier in the year it probably won't matter.
You just know he will pick Dixon and play mcentee and play the same game style.

I’m playing butters.. push through and show some leadership.. guts it out

Hawks will be cooked when they play you guys, look like they’ve just played their grand final.

Everyone falls in the trap of writing off the QF loser in the Semi.

Every team has a shocker, that’s the way this season - take when you flogged us.

Your midfield stacks up well v hawks.

Port to win easily IMO.

You just know he will pick Dixon and play mcentee and play the same game style.

I’m playing butters.. push through and show some leadership.. guts it out
After the Brisbane loss we finally dropped Jed and he was never seen again until the last round. We went 7-1 without him at that point.
Maybe just maybe if Kens job is on the line he might finally give them the flick when its already too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back