Preview Changes & Preview Round 17 - Ports vs Dogs @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bevo has got us back on board by beating up Robbo and a couple of easy kills.

Our board is doom & gloom as Liam Jones is out , and Bevo has selected his useless captains pick McNeil to replace Weightman.

May the best team....not make us want to kick the TV in
Your side is still stronger than our opposition last week, and we barely managed to overcome them. Difficult to see us stepping up here - presumably you won't be playing to lose like Saints were.

Why pick Lorenz as sub last week and drop him this week, we do stupid things.
We have ALWAYS rotated the sub.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. The melting over Evans and Lorenz is crazy.

They gave Lorenz a taste, he was likely going to be sub again, so they send him back to get a full game. Be silly to stuff around the kid and make him have 2 weeks of 1 quarter.

Evans is only coming in as sub. It's not a big issue. He's the next best player outside of the 22 based on last week. So chuck him in as sub for one week and then rotate him back out. If they aren't going to play Rioli in the 22, then after 6 weeks out, you can't be playing him as sub.

The fact Rioli didn't get into the 22 is the only big story here and says something concerning about him. Has he been acting poorly, has he gotten out of shape during this injury, etc? Has the calf been lingering more than suggested and they want to manage time? Something seems fishy in that selection. However if they aren't picking him in the 22 then it makes sense to put him into the Magpies.

Ultimately the selections are fine, given Sinn's injured again. There was only really one other option, and that was to use Clurey for the week down back. They've clearly got no intention of ever pulling that trigger though.

They gave Lorenz a taste, he was likely going to be sub again, so they send him back to get a full game. Be silly to stuff around the kid and make him have 2 weeks of 1 quarter.

Evans is only coming in as sub. It's not a big issue. He's the next best player outside of the 22 based on last week. So chuck him in as sub for one week and then rotate him back out. If they aren't going to play Rioli in the 22, then after 6 weeks out, you can't be playing him as sub.

The fact Rioli didn't get into the 22 is the only big story here and says something concerning about him. Has he been acting poorly, has he gotten out of shape during this injury, etc? Has the calf been lingering more than suggested and they want to manage time? Something seems fishy in that selection. However if they aren't picking him in the 22 then it makes sense to put him into the Magpies.

Ultimately the selections are fine, given Sinn's injured again. There was only really one other option, and that was to use Clurey for the week down back. They've clearly got no intention of ever pulling that trigger though.
I would have rather Lorenz play a full game and make say Boak the sub. Would be nice to see what the youngster can do against AFL quality. Definitely wouldn’t want him being the sub again though.

Lorenz could have played 1 quarter of AFL and then reduced mins of SANFL the next day.

Usually I feel I have a good grip on how our guys will go. I can't tip this one though.

Day time throws it into our favour. If the Dogs end up out of finals, that brings in our 36-0 record at Adelaide Oval against interstate bottom 10 sides, so we just don't lose these.

However our form has been piss poor, we've looked structurally and mentally broken, whilst our opponents are smelling blood.

Honestly totally 50/50 here. Can only hope that the Dogs get on top in the middle early and break our spirits, on the way to a coach ending loss.

Last edited:
Bevo has got us back on board by beating up Robbo and a couple of easy kills.

Our board is doom & gloom as Liam Jones is out , and Bevo has selected his useless captains pick McNeil to replace Weightman.

May the best team....not make us want to kick the TV in
Hinkley will be appearing on the screen at some point - regardless of the result, I may kick the TV anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has to be more to Rioli not being selected. Would’ve thought someone of his calibre and importance to our team comes straight back in. It was only a calf strain too, not like he is coming back from a knee.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Has to be more to Rioli not being selected. Would’ve thought someone of his calibre and importance to our team comes straight back in. It was only a calf strain too, not like he is coming back from a knee.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would have played afl but for a cold last week?

Would have played afl but for an abundance of caution the week before?

That tells you he's training at afl level?

We don't have a quality small forward to replace him. There's no small forward depth.

It is a bit fishy he's playing in the sanfl when at 90% he's still the best option we have?

The Alberton Crowd this week:

“Fortress”

Why pick Lorenz as sub last week and drop him this week, we do stupid things.
Give him a whole game so he can show his ability.

Lorenz was picked last week for a distraction. Don’t think it’s just a coincidence that suddenly we pick another debutant for the year when Kenny was most under the pump.

Next minute, rolls out a shiny new toy to try and distract us.

Lorenz was picked last week for a distraction. Don’t think it’s just a coincidence that suddenly we pick another debutant for the year when Kenny was most under the pump.

Next minute, rolls out a shiny new toy to try and distract us.
Or....... you know....... he's there to cover the loss of Burgoyne who comes back in this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back