Preview Changes/Preview v Carlton @MCG – Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am literally staggered that the guy we recruited to play forward isn’t even best 22 in a year we are trying to win a premiership.

This Grundy deal is going down as one of the worst ever.
We never recruited Grundy to play forward. We wanted Max to play more forward and quickly realised he was no good at it.

We never recruited Grundy to play forward. We wanted Max to play more forward and quickly realised he was no good at it.
Quickly realised? We’ve had about 10 years to work that one out. We needed a forward, not Gawn. And not sure why we’d recruit a sub par ruckman to Gawn so Gawn who is a ruckman could play forward.

I love the assumption that because we got Grundy we missed some huge opportunity to build our forward line.

There were 2 other options, Lobb who everyone ****ing hated the idea of who actually would have worked better and Gunston who a bunch of people complained about us not getting and has been ****ing horrific

We took a low cost low risk punt on Grundy and it was shit. So what. We'll get our money back for him anyway and if Petty and Melk didn't get injured the forward line would have looked fine

I love the assumption that because we got Grundy we missed some huge opportunity to build our forward line.

There were 2 other options, Lobb who everyone ******* hated the idea of who actually would have worked better and Gunston who a bunch of people complained about us not getting and has been ******* horrific

We took a low cost low risk punt on Grundy and it was s**t. So what. We'll get our money back for him anyway and if Petty and Melk didn't get injured the forward line would have looked fine
Pretty much this
Every time I ask the question "what good key forward was actually available?" it usually just gets ignored around here because there actually were none available

The crying about the Grundy trade is pretty insane too. I mean we pretty much gave up a mid second rounder, who cares, not like that was gonna be a 40-50goal KPF anyway lol

Sure everyone remembers the GF, is there a less threatening team coming out of stoppages than us now?
Gus got knocked out on a pure clearance when instead of hitting Petracca who was in a mile of space (Maynard's man) he looked to kick it as long as possible to nothing.

Obviously not saying thats the reason why but it happens alot.

Thinking JJ for Gus. He can accumulate through the middle and also span defensive job if needed. Will give us a chance to get Trac forward more.
In terms of JVR I can see them going Grundy. It might also be due to Gawn being sore. According to SEN tonight (can’t recall who exactly) he has been carrying plantar fasciitis. Otherwise I wouldn’t be opposed to picking Shache. He’s a better forward option than Grundy. As long as Gawn can carry a huge ruck load.

So many moments of that games highlights are triggering

JVR having smith and AnB free next to him for a handball and instead kicking a snap up the chimney in the last quarter from 50 kills me. I can't remember a bed shitting performance like it collectively

I am literally staggered that the guy we recruited to play forward isn’t even best 22 in a year we are trying to win a premiership.

This Grundy deal is going down as one of the worst ever.
I personally have the Chris Dawes trade as a worse trade then the Grundy deal. Gave up picks 20 and 45 for Collingwoods pick 58 in return. (Compared to 27 for Grundy) Handed the guy a four year contract worth 2 million, (equivalent to 3 million with todays inflated salary cap). In his best season he kicked a pitiful 20 goals as our full time full forward in 2014. His next best output over a whole season was a measly 12 goals. Grundy was never earmarked as our forward savior but Dawes kind of was based on one plodding grand final performance. Grundy at least came to the club as a dual All Australian, whereas Dawes came with nothing at least individually.

I personally have the Chris Dawes trade as a worse trade then the Grundy deal. Gave up picks 20 and 45 for Collingwoods pick 58 in return. (Compared to 27 for Grundy) Handed the guy a four year contract worth 2 million, (equivalent to 3 million with todays inflated salary cap). In his best season he kicked a pitiful 20 goals as our full time full forward in 2014. His next best output over a whole season was a measly 12 goals. Grundy was never earmarked as our forward savior but Dawes kind of was based on one plodding grand final performance. Grundy at least came to the club as a dual All Australian, whereas Dawes came with nothing at least individually.
As much as Dawes sucked, 20 goals in that Melbourne side was 40 in this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn’t the plan to have Dawes and Clark as twin forwards . Don’t think they ever played a game together either . Anyway who cares about Dawes , or that era .
Those guys and Hogan who also missed his whole first year

Wasn’t the plan to have Dawes and Clark as twin forwards . Don’t think they ever played a game together either . Anyway who cares about Dawes , or that era .
Them plus Hogan was Needs grand plan.

Pretty much this
Every time I ask the question "what good key forward was actually available?" it usually just gets ignored around here because there actually were none available

The crying about the Grundy trade is pretty insane too. I mean we pretty much gave up a mid second rounder, who cares, not like that was gonna be a 40-50goal KPF anyway lol
And we'll probably get more back than we paid, not sure why people are upset. I feel bad for Brodie that he's not playing where he was meant to, but he's a big boy and has dealt with it well.

Them plus Hogan was Needs grand plan.
IIRC at his presser he said he envied his successor who would see all three play at the same time.

Never happened.

Supermercado how many times did Dawes and Hogan play together?

Saw vision of Trac open multiple times around the 50 and him pointing to the kicker to go long to the square. It was a clear an obvious plan to pin it into Collingwood D50 to stop them from rebounding. We were more worried about them scoring than ourselves

Footy classified seem to think we are bringing in Turner to play up forward
Good. It probably wont work but at least we're not running with something that has been tested and failed. Just got to roll the dice here.

Good. It probably wont work but at least we're not running with something that has been tested and failed. Just got to roll the dice here.
Me too. Would be beyond stupid to play a bloke who's out the door and sucks at the position anyway. Let's try anything we can to win no go back to proven failure

I personally have the Chris Dawes trade as a worse trade then the Grundy deal.

Agree.

“Ironhands” Dawes AND a washed up, insufferably annoying Heritier Lumumba.

It was the trade equivalent of Collingwood taking a big dump on our front porch, lighting it on fire, then pressing the doorbell and running away. 💩🔥

If we ever get that bad again I’m giving footy away.

Pretty much this

100%, but take a look at our record drafting players, thats another Trent Rivers we missed out on apparently. Wouldn't you like another Trent Rivers? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back