Preview Changes: R21 vs Gold Coast, Saturday August 5th, 1.40pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicks has used the diplomatic way of saying Pedlar has been dropped (see Soligo)

Rachele getting the McAdam special

Great week for our youngsters
No SANFL this weekend so Rachele likely comes in for Pedlar?

Someone mentioned this last week that the club punishment was going to be added after

Yet all the squibs who didnt go help Josh out keep playing. Weak as P - its why we are seen as soft touches. Bloke flies the flag after getting ragdolled and attacked and its his fault.

The actual quotes don't sound nearly as bad as what that tweet made them out to.

Speaking to the media on Wednesday, Nicks confirmed Luke Pedlar will be managed this weekend, after lacing up the boots in 18 of a possible 19 games in 2023.

He said the coaching staff have been having conversations with Pedlar over the last few weeks about what was best for him, and ultimately decided it would be best to rest him this weekend.

“(We’re) just going to rejuvenate him and give him the opportunity to get back to his best,” Nicks said.

“His form has been a little bit off and some of that is the fact that he is grinding.

“Sometimes when the body is a bit banged up and bruised it is hard to perform at the level and he is a player that plays with energy and really throws himself in at the footy.

“No lack of effort, played his role on the weekend in a great team win but we want to get him back to his best.”

Nicks said exciting forward Josh Rachele is in the mix to replace Pedlar, with the 20-year-old training strongly.

Rachele has missed the past fortnight of footy, serving a two-game suspension for striking against GWS.

“Josh is obviously coming back from the suspension, and he is really running on top of the ground,” Nicks said.

“He looks like he is back to where he has played some of his best footy previously.

“He’s putting his hand up definitely.”

Someone mentioned this last week that the club punishment was going to be added after

Yet all the squibs who didnt go help Josh out keep playing. Weak as P - its why we are seen as soft touches. Bloke flies the flag after getting ragdolled and attacked and its his fault.

Multiple players went to help rachele when he was hit on the ground. Don't be hysterical.

Based on the comments of Nicks I think we’ll see…

Out:
Butts, Pedlar

In:
Borlase, Rachele (plus Sloane into the 22)

Sub:
One of Schoenberg, Soligo, Murphy, Jones or Nankervis relegated from starting 22 to sub - gut feeling: Soligo

So.. we can afford to “rejuvinate” Pedlar after a couple of quieter games, slight drop in form and some sorness..

But simply cannot do it with Murphy when he gets 4 touches for an entire game and gives us a garbage return most weeks..

This club needs an overhaul.

I could accept Pedlar getting a week off if some of the consistently useless players got them too..

So.. we can afford to “rejuvinate” Pedlar after a couple of quieter games, slight drop in form and some sorness..

But simply cannot do it with Murphy when he gets 4 touches for an entire game and gives us a garbage return most weeks..

This club needs an overhaul.

I could accept Pedlar getting a week off if some of the consistently useless players got them too..

It's been clear as day to me that pedlar has been running on empty for weeks now - I'd rather him not do any damage to his body possibly ****ing up next season for him.

Murphy who i don't particularly rate, has had 3 pretty solid weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we have Borlase at 192, Keane at 194 and Worrell at 195 against
King at 202, Casboult at 199 and Luko at 195.

Might need to consider having Thilthy rucking and pushing ROB into defense if it gets ugly
Borlase actually “plays” way taller than he actually is..

He’s actually rucked entire games in the SANFL and done pretty well in doing so against far taller ruck opponents..

And he seems to have the same body to arm length ratio as Greenwood (the one who used to play with us) has where his arms are disproportionately longer than is normal for his height..

It's been clear as day to me that pedlar has been running on empty for weeks now - I'd rather him not do any damage to his body possibly ******* up next season for him.

Murphy who i don't particularly rate, has had 3 pretty solid weeks.
3 solid weeks………… what of training

If we win next week then the best 22 needs to play against Brisbane.

That includes Pedlar. Surely it's just a rest.

What does our best 22 look like currently noting injuries (Rankine still a possibility)?

Michalanney ~ Borlase ~ Worrell
Smith ~ Keane ~ Milera
Hinge ~ Laird ~ Jones
Obrien ~ Dawson ~ Crouch
Pedlar ~ Walker ~ McAdam
Rankine ~ Fogarty ~ Thilthorpe
Rachele ~ Keays ~ Soligo ~ Nankervis
Schoenberg

Last edited:

This didn’t age well. 😜

Nicks has used the diplomatic way of saying Pedlar has been dropped (see Soligo)

Great week for our youngsters
Said Pedlar needed a rest as a bit sore, which most of us have been saying for a while.

Probably wouldn't have played last week if Rachele or Rankine been available.

So Rachele in for Pedlar, Borlase for Butts... & given our selectors I doubt any other changes.

If we win next week then the best 22 needs to play against Brisbane.

That includes Pedlar. Surely it's just a rest.

What does our best 22 look like currently noting injuries (Rankine still a possibility)?

Michalanney ~ Borlase ~ Worrell
Smith ~ Keane ~ Milera
Hinge ~ Laird ~ Jones
Obrien ~ Dawson ~ Crouch
Pedlar ~ Walker ~ McAdam
Rankine ~ Fogarty ~ Thilthorpe
Rachele ~ Keays ~ Soligo ~ Schoenberg
Sloane
Who is your 7th defender?

If you are not picking Nankervis, then forces Hinge back into defence

Interesting question and comment in Nicks presser this afternoon when he was asked about 'chemistry' with the defenders?

Nicks said 'should be ok, Borlase, Keane and Nankervis have been playing together all year'. Forgot to mention Worrell who only got elevated when Doedee did his ACL.

And then we have Michalanney, first year player.

Milera and Smith our only defenders with any experience.

Strange days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R21 vs Gold Coast, Saturday August 5th, 1.40pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back