Preview Changes: R21 vs Gold Coast, Saturday August 5th, 1.40pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicks has already said Sloane is playing. He can't bring himself to dropping him.
Yeah resting Pedlar was the easy way to get Rachelle back in rather than drop Sloane and Murphy who did less. And I can assure you Soligo will be dropped to sub so that both Murphy and Sloane play .Can see we are going to lose one or some of these talented kids like Cook . Berry etc whilst we give Sloane another contract and play non talented players likeMurphy and McHenry.

I watched the first quarter of the SANFL on Saturday and have since watched the replay.

1) Cook played well but was not “screaming to be selected”. He had 17 disposals playing on the wing, drifted forward to kick 3 goals and did a couple of other nice things. He spent half the match on Riley Bonner who had the equal top disposal winner. Sholl also had 28 disposals playing on the other wing.

2) Berry had his third good game in a row (after a lot of very average games). I’m not sure what has happened to him this year.

3) Newchurch kicked three goals and spent a lot of time walking. This is really obvious if he watch a SANFL game live. If we turnover the ball in our F50 he walks, if our opponents turnover the ball he is lightning quick.

4) Himmelberg and Strachan were excellent but they are both just back ups to TT and ROB imho.

I would like to see Sloane rested but I’d also like to win a Ferrari.

Out - Butts. In - Borlase

Out. - Pedlar In. - Rachele

Unlike the Pear, it feels like Gold Coast match up really well against us. Witts has the wood over ROB, they have a fantastic midfield, dangerous tall forwards to challenge our SANFL backline, good tall defenders to match up on Tex, Tt and Fog.

Why are they 14th?

3) Newchurch kicked three goals and spent a lot of time walking. This is really obvious if he watch a SANFL game live. If we turnover the ball in our F50 he walks, if our opponents turnover the ball he is lightning quick.
AND ......you saw, what i thought was Newchurch's best game of the season ......if you want see how a player gets delisted, watch the game B4 .....that's what you call walking !

2) Berry had his third good game in a row (after a lot of very average games). I’m not sure what has happened to him this year
What I'd say with Berry is ....he gathered the ball ok, broke away from packs ok .....had the space, but his disposal, by hand & foot was average

If he has the space, as he did last weekend ......he's got to be more damaging & efficient

What I'd say with Berry is ....he gathered the ball ok, broke away from packs ok .....had the space, but his disposal, by hand & foot was average

If he has the space, as he did last weekend ......he's got to be more damaging & efficient
Sounds like a certain bloke in our leadership group.

ROB's disposal hasn't been too bad this year. It helps that Dawson has become the handball receive guy instead.
He still looks like a f'd up marionette puppet when he kicks, but ROB at least generally gets the ball where it needs to go most times this year. Doesn't bite off more than he can chew either which helps.

AND ......you saw, what i thought was Newchurch's best game of the season ......if you want see how a player gets delisted, watch the game B4 .....that's what you call walking !
I have watched the replay of all our SANFL matches and been to six lives games. I would love to see Newchurch become the next Eddy Betts and he has improved BUT he doesn’t have the defensive instincts of an AFL forward imho.

I find it amusing that one poster can see every poor disposal of Keays, Crouch etc etc but only sees the sunshine when Tariek is involved.

So if the white bibs are who's in the two's, then Soligo is out too since he was wearing one at training. That's cutting down the possibilities to who is in pretty hard and would maybe indicate McHenry is in for Pedlar and if Soligo is out that might leave Cook or Sholl as the other option to bring in. I would guess Sloane training with the 2's still leaves the possibility of him being sub. I don't think they'll drop him back to SANFL under any circumstances.

I watched the first quarter of the SANFL on Saturday and have since watched the replay.

1) Cook played well but was not “screaming to be selected”. He had 17 disposals playing on the wing, drifted forward to kick 3 goals and did a couple of other nice things. He spent half the match on Riley Bonner who had the equal top disposal winner. Sholl also had 28 disposals playing on the other wing.

2) Berry had his third good game in a row (after a lot of very average games). I’m not sure what has happened to him this year.

4) Himmelberg and Strachan were excellent but they are both just back ups to TT and ROB imho.

I would like to see Sloane rested but I’d also like to win a Ferrari.

Out - Butts. In - Borlase

Out. - Pedlar In. - Rachele

Unlike the Pear, it feels like Gold Coast match up really well against us. Witts has the wood over ROB, they have a fantastic midfield, dangerous tall forwards to challenge our SANFL backline, good tall defenders to match up on Tex, Tt and Fog.

Why are they 14th?
Dew.

Either Worrell or Hinge.

I think Hinge stood him last time. How physical is Borlase - maybe a decent matchup as Luko is not that way.
Conditions should help this time. He used his mouse to get quite a few over the back goals last time - were 2-3 off the ground from memory after working defender under the ball

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if the white bibs are who's in the two's, then Soligo is out too since he was wearing one at training. That's cutting down the possibilities to who is in pretty hard and would maybe indicate McHenry is in for Pedlar and if Soligo is out that might leave Cook or Sholl as the other option to bring in. I would guess Sloane training with the 2's still leaves the possibility of him being sub. I don't think they'll drop him back to SANFL under any circumstances.
Soligo a possible out? My giddy aunt

Except Keays doesn't steady B4 kicking .....tries to kick at full pace

There has been big improvement in Keays kicking this year - in that he is doing it less. Handballs off a lot more or goes a short 15-20 pass to a better kick. And we have an abundance of those in the back half to utilise him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Touk Miller suspended for a week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R21 vs Gold Coast, Saturday August 5th, 1.40pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back