Preview Changes: R22 vs North Melbourne, Saturday August 13, 1.40pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I've said before, I think the difference is now we've got a predominantly young group, it's a more enjoyable environment for the young guys just from a pure numbers perspective you've got more people to relate to and get along with, so there's less desire to go back home.

Previously with a more mature list you've basically got a few younger guys on the outer surrounded by older guys who have their already formed friendship groups, or families that take priority and it's more difficult to be in a new situation with only a few guys your age to relate to and be friends with.

Add to that the amount of senior players in the past not playing well and still getting picked in front of you. It mustn’t have be fun playing SANFL when Thompson, Douglas, Mackay etc. are playing terribly and still got picked “for experience”

Hopefully sub not required and they can play in sanfl game straight after.

My Guess

FFOGARTYWALKERMCADAM
HFKEAYSTHILTHORPESOLIGO
CSHOLLBERRYDAWSON
HBHINGEMURRAYWORRELL
BDOEDEEBUTTSJONES
RO'BRIENLAIRDMURPHY
ISCHOENBERGMILERASMITHMCHENRY
FROWEMCASEYNANKERVIS
HFGOLLANTHIMMELBERGPEDLAR
CCOOKCROUCHMNEWCHURCH
HBPARNELLFRAMPTONDAVIS
BWRIGHTBORLASEBOYLE
RSTRACHANHATELYTAYLOR
ITURNERSHARRADMCKENZIETEMPLETON

Hopefully sub not required and they can play in sanfl game straight after.

My Guess

FFOGARTYWALKERMCADAM
HFKEAYSTHILTHORPESOLIGO
CSHOLLBERRYDAWSON
HBHINGEMURRAYWORRELL
BDOEDEEBUTTSJONES
RO'BRIENLAIRDMURPHY
ISCHOENBERGMILERASMITHMCHENRY
FROWEMCASEYNANKERVIS
HFGOLLANTHIMMELBERGPEDLAR
CCOOKCROUCHMNEWCHURCH
HBPARNELLFRAMPTONDAVIS
BWRIGHTBORLASEBOYLE
RSTRACHANHATELYTAYLOR
ITURNERSHARRADMCKENZIETEMPLETON
Why drop Parnell?

I think we have been decent for most of the season, we just always have an absolutely horrible quarter and let a team pile on 6-8 goals without answer (Sydney, Hawks, Melbourne, Brisbane), while winning or breaking even in the other 3. Or don’t take our chances in front of goal in a game we dominate general play (Saints). Lost 3 games by less than 6 points (Freo, Essendon, Pies), all are games that we had opportunities to kill the game earlier and win by 2-3 goals. The only games I thought we truly didn’t turn up all game were Collingwood and Giants in first half of the year.

It’s an almost season, but definitely progress on last year and is setting up for a finals push even as early as next year, especially with Rankine added to the mix.
I reckon not beating the saints when we should have ( shocking goal kicking and execution ) and then not turning up against Hawthorn have cost us a big tick this season

I reckon not beating the saints when we should have ( shocking goal kicking and execution ) and then not turning up against Hawthorn have cost us a big tick this season
I'd extend the Saints loss (admittedly the one game we really should've won) to the month between rounds 7-10 (inc. Giants, Blues, Lions games), pretty much a month of depressing performances

I'd extend the Saints loss (admittedly the one game we really should've won) to the month between rounds 7-10 (inc. Giants, Blues, Lions games), pretty much a month of depressing performances
Yep they were never going to be wins , even if we played better

The saints one should have been in the book

And the hawks game was just horrible, I think our worst of the year given opposition

At the end of last year I was dubious on us getting any more wins this year , gotta say I’m a little more positive about next year and hoping for 9-10 wins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rnd-22-Instagram-Web-Lineup-1080x1350.png

Yep they were never going to be wins , even if we played better

The saints one should have been in the book

And the hawks game was just horrible, I think our worst of the year given opposition

At the end of last year I was dubious on us getting any more wins this year , gotta say I’m a little more positive about next year and hoping for 9-10 wins
Agree they weren’t going to be wins. More about the nature of the loss than anything else, the GWS game is still one of the toughest games I’ve watched during our rebuild

Definitely more reason for optimism in the second half of the year overall. Still a good chance we could be shit next year again, but even more gradual improvement also not out of the question

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R22 vs North Melbourne, Saturday August 13, 1.40pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back