Preview R22: Changes vs. Footscray

This week Daniel Curtin will...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As a life long Crows fan I kinda want to know before Sunday game day if Taylor Walker is Playing his last home game for the club or not, I wanna know if he's signed a contract from us, retiring or contemplating a trade somewhere else.
If they haven't announced it yet I can't see it being the case. Can only assume Tex doesn't want to retire and the club hasn't made a decision yet.

It will be sad if it does get to the point where we do decide we won't offer him another contract and he doesn't get a farewell. He would then also miss his lap of honour at the AFL grand final.

Unfortunately we don't have a great recent history of players retiring when they should and end up going on too long. Not a great result for the player or for the fans.

As a life long Crows fan I kinda want to know before Sunday game day if Taylor Walker is Playing his last home game for the club or not, I wanna know if he's signed a contract from us, retiring or contemplating a trade somewhere else.

If he hasnt retired by now it means he is almost certainly chasing another contract. Whether it be by us or someone else. He may still retire but Im certain he would have done it by now.

If he hasnt retired by now it means he is almost certainly chasing another contract. Whether it be by us or someone else. He may still retire but Im certain he would have done it by now.
I dunno, he’s been watching and commenting on Rory’s recent trip with the family to the Maldives enjoying retirement…

But the noise is around him playing again, which means his manager or the club are leaking for a PR feel good moment of him playing on another year.
On the Rush Hour tonight on MMM, Jars was saying that the Pies have offered Tex a 2 year deal :rolleyes:

Tex is said to be very disappointed with the Crows at the moment, not having a deal on the table.
So the PR machine for Tex is getting ramped up.

On the Rush Hour tonight on MMM, Jars was saying that the Pies have offered Tex a 2 year deal :rolleyes:

Tex is said to be very disappointed with the Crows at the moment, not having a deal on the table.

The Crows have nothing to gain from Tex playing again. They can prepare for next season and beyond with a fresh faced forward line. What if he plays next year but retires at the end of the year with the Crows on the brink of finals or better. We are caught short with an ill prepared forward line. So it hinders our progress. We arent going to win a premiership next season, so it has to be all about preparing this squad for 2026. Tex is not in this team. Neither is Smith. All have to go.

Jars wouldn’t know what state he is in🤪

Tex needs to realise that the club ain’t winning a flag next year, shit I’m not sure we can even play finals.

He has been a great stalwart for the club but it is time for all parties to move on.

What the hell are we saying in negotiations? Say it as it is, yes individuals won’t be happy but the club is bigger than the individual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But the silly thing with it all, is he hasn’t been dropped at all for the last 4 seasons - 2021 - 2024. Not once for his mediocre level of output. So thought I’d do a bit of investigating.

In 2021, he got injured in the Showdown in R8 then when he came back he had 2 games in the SANFL before being promoted into the Seniors
In 2022, he played one game in the SANFL when the AFC had the bye.
In 2023, he played every game after Round 1
To this year, he played the first 3 games then got injured and came back thru the SANFL before being promoted and stayed ever since

He is the human equivalent of a cockroach.

Pyke played him for 21 games in his first season

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nicksy when someone else goes down injured in the second quarter but his whole gameplan revolves around subbing Curtin off at half time.

Head Explode GIF by FirstAndMonday
Absolute cracker of a movie, that one.

Then we should all shake hands and wish him the best in Melbourne.

Nicksy when someone else goes down injured in the second quarter but his whole gameplan revolves around subbing Curtin off at half time.

Head Explode GIF by FirstAndMonday

Yep if Nicks subs Curtin off it is definitely as a big deliberate FU to everyone. Just wants to be Alpha and show he's the main.

But he has no self awareness and doesn't realise that's not how he looks. He just looks like an ar$e clown

Tex needs to realise that the club ain’t winning a flag next year, shit I’m not sure we can even play finals.

He has been a great stalwart for the club but it is time for all parties to move on.

What the hell are we saying in negotiations? Say it as it is, yes individuals won’t be happy but the club is bigger than the individual.
I think it's time for Tex and Smith to retire gracefully.
I was hoping to see a press conference this week.

They aren't going to be helping the team next year.
Just taking development time away from a youngster

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R22: Changes vs. Footscray

Back