Preview R22: Changes vs. Footscray

This week Daniel Curtin will...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Im no Murphy fan but how many games did Mackay and Doughty play as a small forward. None. There whole career was wing/HB.
Murphy does not play as a SF.

He plays that role you mentioned. Although more accurately he is a stoppage mid.

And bad at it.

Even if you want to consider him a SF, he is bad at that too.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Issue is Murphy is out of contract next year. Clubs are circling.

Need to extend to 2029.

Just imagine how we are all going to react if he gets a contract extension next year.

I doubt the players will vote for him to be on the leadership team next year. If he is, then we have no hope if our playing group is that stupid. Or was Lachlan Murphy a captain’s pick by the coach?

Murphy is nowhere near either Doughty or Mackay level... he is on his own level well below based on performance of our 100+ game players.

Should never have got to 100 games.
At least his kids will qualify for father son.......

I think this board is so desperate to see star kids come through that we may have slightly overrated guys like Nank and Dowling. Solid players. But very low ceilings IMO. No discernible weapons worthy of a flag-calibre side. I’ll get shot for that.
Every flag winning side has players like this. And they've already shown they're better than murphy in under 20 games compared to his 100+

The biggest issue is there is no such thing as journalism anymore.
When was the last time an intelligent journalist actually did a deep dive on a topic and presented well thought out evidence and discussion?
Now it's just trying for 'got ya' moments, fake outrage clickbait, or stick the microphone in front of the nearest moron they can find.
Journalism is dead.
Don't forget making up headlines on the off chance they might end up being right

On a more positive note, Curtin named as a starter is great. Just give him a full game please, none of this subbing off at HT bullshit.

Nicksy when someone else goes down injured in the second quarter but his whole gameplan revolves around subbing Curtin off at half time.

Head Explode GIF by FirstAndMonday

Do people realise Murphy spends alot of time up around the contests, he is our +1 most of the time.

So his possession numbers should be much higher than a traditional forward pocket.

He is not a traditional forward pocket due to: how Nicks likes to play, plus one up the ground.
not able to kick goals.

Absolutely shocked Curtin isn’t sub
Public and media pressure finally getting Curtin a full game - unless he's subbed yet again Nicks

I'm again predicting the Nicks specialty, a brave honoura narrow loss against a red hot in form Dogs. I can hear Nicks at the presser now trumpeting how we are so close.

I wonder how many of those honourable losses may have been wins if we weren't carrying the ballast of poor non deserved selections? Food for thought

Last edited:
Do people realise Murphy spends alot of time up around the contests, he is our +1 most of the time.

So his possession numbers should be much higher than a traditional forward pocket.

He is not a traditional forward pocket due to: how Nicks likes to play, plus one up the ground.
not able to kick goals.
Yes, and this tactic provides zero benefit to us as
1) he's not getting the ball at stoppage
2) his man stays in defence as a +1 leaving our forwards outnumbered. Ever noticed how there's always 1 player for the opposition that gets it way more than they normally would?
3) we're losing clearances anyway most of the time
Masterclass in coaching

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not able to kick goals.

Well then that has been a total failure then coz he barely touches the ball.

not able to kick goals.

Those contests don't just keep their shape, it needs a shapekeeper

That is why he is in our leadership group

As a life long Crows fan I kinda want to know before Sunday game day if Taylor Walker is Playing his last home game for the club or not, I wanna know if he's signed a contract from us, retiring or contemplating a trade somewhere else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R22: Changes vs. Footscray

Back