Preview Changes: R5 vs Carlton, Thursday April 13, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Which of these players come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Give it a ******* rest.
Ah.. the typical Keays fan club response…

they know to try and defend his utter garbage would just make themselves look silly at this point.

so they go the desperate “just shut up” route instead and hope that puts a stop to any Keays selection criticism.

and then they pray hard that he has his 1 good game in about every 7 this weekend so they can strut around like prize ***** and hens saying ”see, see, see.. we told you he was good!!”..

1 GOAL AND 7 FXXKN BEHINDS IN FOUR GAMES…

His goal kicking has been terrible, but his workrate to make space has been important.

Not close to being dropped imo.

Not sure, I would say if Ned had 3 games with what he produced last match, he'd have taken Keays spot, or at the very least that would have been a strong discussion. It shows you are playing badly when Ned is in the frame to replace you

RND-5-Instagram-Lineup-1080x1350.png

Round 5 team v Adelaide
Backs:Lewis YoungJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Half-backs:Nic NewmanMitch McGovernLachie Cowan
Centreline:Adam CerraPatrick CrippsOllie Hollands
Half-forwards:Zac FisherHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Ed CurnowCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Tom De KoningGeorge HewettSam Walsh
Interchange:Blake AcresCorey DurdinMatthew Kennedy
Marc Pittonet
Emergencies:Jack CarrollJosh HoneyLochie O'Brien
Lachie Plowman
We need to lend Carlton our graphic designers.

Fair bit of faith shown in Butts. He looks to be really struggling physically and a five day break too.

I guess we've always got our Plan B... :rolleyes:

Given they’ve dropped him already, can only infer that they have zero faith in what’s behind him to deliver this week. They know they can’t go with one KPD and they clearly prefer Butts at 60% ahead of Borlase and Keane or Berg having another go.

Don't think Keays has been at his best but probably a bit harder given his different role. Don't think he's been as bad as some on here suggest either.

I'd consider him droppable personally but I am not sure coaches would yet given his ability to move into midfield and in general has a good mature body around the contest.

At the moment we're still very much needing to try have the right balance of our exciting young guys with a bit of a blend of age profiles through out the team.

One of the things thats been best in the last couple weeks is Nicks rolling more guys through the midfield with basically just Laird being all match.
So we’re just meant to put up with his garbage because “he‘s playing a new role”?.. when we have far better options?

really?..

if everyone was honest with themselves… he’s been absolutely terrible.. our worst performing forward by a country mile.

Maybe the institutionalised will cease with the Kristof favourite of ‘no club ever changes a winning side’ or ‘you can’t drop Joe Blog after delivering his best game’. There’s a lot more to stiection than looking back 6 days. Credit to Nix and his cohort for leaving a 60 game unlucky player out in favour of a high ceiling bloje with only a handful of games to his name.
Pedlar is a gunnnnn

Couldn’t possibly leave him out for Ned

Kicks goals from 50m , can take marks , win clearances , stick tackles and has power and speed

Coaches know it thank fk ( although it’s not hard to see )

Pedlar is a gunnnnn

Couldn’t possibly leave him out for Ned

Kicks goals from 50m , can take marks , win clearances , stick tackles and has power and speed

Coaches know it thank fk ( although it’s not hard to see )
Yes, Pedlar is clearly a best 22 player who was always coming straight back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keays didn't play better than mchenry. That's why you don't put spuds in the leadership group.
McHenry played a great game..

I’m not a fan of his and he still hasnt got those dumb free kicks out of his game but I’m very willing to admit that he was a decent part of why we beat freo on the weekend.

if this club had any selection integrity it would’ve dropped Keays and kept McHenry in.

So we’re just meant to put up with his garbage because “he‘s playing a new role”?.. when we have far better options?

really?..

if everyone was honest with themselves… he’s been absolutely terrible.. our worst performing forward by a country mile.

So whining on an internet forum 24/7 like a petulant child is going to change who gets picked? What exactly is all your endless crying on here achieving?

If you read the post I didn't say he should be in the side I gave my guesses as to why he's unlikely to be dropped at this point in time. Hopefully as the year progresses and kids continue to improve that doesn't remain the case and he also feels the selection pressure. I'm just not gonna sit and cry about it on bigfooty if someone gets picked ahead of others as it achieves nothing.

My workmate told me they saw him at the Showdown and was very drunk. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, because he was in great form before the suspension.
Well I spoke with McAdam at half time in the Crows players box and he was most definitely not drunk or drinking.
Must have hit the gas heavily in the second half 🤣

Wow, haven’t seen us make a brutal selection call like that in a very long time. I think it’s the right one, but Ned is still very stiff to miss out after possibly his best game at AFL level.

It’s not brutal to play a one off very good game as a 50 odd gamer and lose your spot to an up and coming gun. Only a crap selection group wouldn’t make that call. Pedlar had to return and one of our mediocre 50+ gamers off a good game had to make way. But I understand you’re a true supporter, so what is actually an exceedingly obvious decisions would seem brutal to you.

Two good weeks yes

But McAdam a better 2022 season and preferred to Murphy just weeks ago when both were available?

Two weeks can change the entire trajectory of a career. Especially when the showdown is involved.

Murphy has never been able to sustain good games, we get a couple and he gets kudos and then reverts to form.

Just a matter of time before he’s dropped.

If he can keep up the form then he’ll bring a couple of other players into the selection discussion when his name comes up. Ned too, if/when he gets another chance.

2 games of around 70 is now defined as a ‘decent body of work’? Toss of the coin between him and Ned as to who made way for Pedlar. Murph more flexible as he can play behind the ball if need be. But 2 good games in a row of 70 meh doesn’t guarantee selection.
So we just take someone's words, add some mayo and throw it back at them? Lazy!

You are right that either could have made way but you gotta pick one and I reckon they made the better decision. End of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R5 vs Carlton, Thursday April 13, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Back