Prediction Changes: Round 11 Vs Port Adelaide + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep that's the point I was making Freo will also be clear.
Can't see how the teams still in Victoria can play though.

No different to how Freo v North played during lockdown. They will all be tested, all will come back negative and they will try and continue. Most likely in NSW/QLD for a couple of weeks after this round of fixtures.

The Darcy / Meek Combo was pretty good in Rnds 1 - 4 this year.
You also had Marshall/Ryder on the go while St Kilda were dominating Geelong in general play. Marshall went down and the tide began to turn. Sure the Saints shot themselves in the foot plenty with their inaccuracy, but you can't write off the ruck situation completely.

Darcy didn't play against Melbourne did he?
The idea of playing Meek is to give Lobb the chance to play 100% forward if Tabs is out and not lose anything in the ruck/keep Darcy fresh. I would have thought that's obvious. I don't think they'll do it though,

With Lycett out, their ruck stocks aren't that impressive imo
They got Ladhams who their board was hammering after the last game, and Sam Hayes may be a debut

Darcy didn't play against Melbourne did he?
The idea of playing Meek is to give Lobb the chance to play 100% forward if Tabs is out and not lose anything in the ruck/keep Darcy fresh. I would have thought that's obvious. I don't think they'll do it though,

If Tabs is out, I would bring Meek in and let him share ruck duties with Sean. Sean forward is an amazing option and he doesn’t get to show his forward craft rucking for 90%.

We had Sandi smashing it in the ruck for years and we didn't dominate the competition. Top quality forwards win games. I'd be more than happy to see Meek break even with the work experience kids Port have in the ruck and Darcy kick 6 goals down forward.

We had Sandi smashing it in the ruck for years and we didn't dominate the competition. Top quality forwards win games. I'd be more than happy to see Meek break even with the work experience kids Port have in the ruck and Darcy kick 6 goals down forward.
Geez... imagine Pav, Ballas and a young Son-Son operating under the 6-6-6 rule. 🤤

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretyy interesting round of footy, pleanty of watchable games. I reckon we will end the weekend with a thrilling close win over a top team on the road.

Hang on I thought Young was gone for the rest of the season? Coming back after the bye?!?!?

Yeah the official injury list says 3-5, so hopefully we will see him back, although no doubt he will be listed as NFI next week, like Hamling is now when last week he was 2-3 away

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Out: Tabs
In: Brayshaw

Fyfe forward more to keep Aliir busy who has been a beast lately.

Too risky atm to make any more changes forward when we have our real only goto play out.
Watson still better than Duman in my opinion and will be better this week.
Meek still a chance though so Darcy can go forward, but I would rather our mids get silver service from Darcy so the ball is in our possession and getting to our forward half first.
Meek is good enough to take a good chuck of ruck work for Darcy forward

"The Port Adelaide-Fremantle Sunday twilight fixture at Adelaide Oval has been pushed back 40 minutes to a 4.40pm local time beginning, to allow more time for the umpires to prepare, as that set of officials will have controlled the previous night's West Coast-Essendon match in Perth."

"The Port Adelaide-Fremantle Sunday twilight fixture at Adelaide Oval has been pushed back 40 minutes to a 4.40pm local time beginning, to allow more time for the umpires to prepare, as that set of officials will have controlled the previous night's West Coast-Essendon match in Perth."

Well we generally take around 40 mins when on the road to get into games after giving the opposition a head start. Hopefully when they finally wake up it might be around the first bounce time this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes: Round 11 Vs Port Adelaide + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back