Prediction Changes: Round 11 Vs Port Adelaide + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

They’re flat track bullies. And it’ll be a flat track for ‘em next week.
I think we've learnt to adapt to those situations. We should be 50/50 in every other department so the thing that will win it for us is goal kicking (laughs).

If we actually turn up, I think that Port is one of the more beatable top 8 teams. Our midfield is better than theirs on paper.

Of course, its away against a decent side so we'll go into our shell and probably get flogged.
No Tabs as well don’t forget, will be very hard

If we actually turn up, I think that Port is one of the more beatable top 8 teams. Our midfield is better than theirs on paper.

Of course, its away against a decent side so we'll go into our shell and probably get flogged.
No Tabs as well don’t forget, will be very hard
plus port should come out firing given how disappointing they’ve been the last two weeks, suspect this track is going to be nice and flat for them

Could be, but Longmuir needs a scalp interstate, and this one is his best chance that i can see!

We already beat Adelaide there.

I reckon we can pinch it. We’ve been competitive enough against the form sides for the most part and I’m more confident with Ryan and Switta back.

TBH a big part of the reason is that we decided that all of them should be defenders. When fully fit we have 3 spare KPDs, 0 extra KPFs. So I guess ask Ross Lyon why he decided that Pearce, Cox, Logue etc should all play defence in a team that already had Hamling and Ryan.
Who was that coach who played Cox successfully as a forward.....?

Pearce, Logue, Hamling and Ryan would be an awesome backline line if we get them on the park. Probably never going to see it though.

I think we'll most likely lose but Port under Hinkley are quite flakey. I'll be disappointed if the margin is greater than 25 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brayshaw in > Mundy sub (needs a rest)
Tabs out > Watson forward > Dumas in

still like to see Western debut, just not sure who for.
I really don't like seeing x player needs a rest so make them the sub.

How many times has this back fired on clubs already with early game injuries.

This is not a thing. A rest is a rest, not to the sub.

Anyway, we're two weeks away from the bye, no resting required.

We haven't played an away game towards the mid season against Port in Adelaide since 2014.

Away games against Port in Adelaide in recent years have either been in the early rounds 1 & 2 of the season when the temperature is still hot or in the final round of the season when the ladder positions are set.

In
Brayshaw (if fit)
Meek => Big Sean to Ruck/Fwd (Lobb's role) => Lobbster to CHF (Tab's Role)

Out
Tabs
Blakely (if Brayshaw's 100%)
Yep, don't mind Meek coming in to handle Ladhams, allows Darcy/Lobb/Treacy to put pressure on Port who have Jonas/Allir then smalls.

In
Brayshaw (if fit)
Meek => Big Sean to Ruck/Fwd (Lobb's role) => Lobbster to CHF (Tab's Role)

Out
Tabs
Blakely (if Brayshaw's 100%)
The only issue with these changes is that Blakely was the sub, so he wasn't actually 'in' the team (not in the 22), so he can't come out for Brayshaw. If Brayshaw is back, you'd need to find someone else to drop from the 22

The only issue with these changes is that Blakely was the sub, so he wasn't actually 'in' the team (not in the 22), so he can't come out for Brayshaw. If Brayshaw is back, you'd need to find someone else to drop from the 22
Good point... no idea then...

Taberner out, Duman in.

Play either Duman or Watson as a medium forward.
I’d really like to see the ‘Mandarin Mullet’ played/trialled forward. At his best a neat mark and kick. Also (completely unscientific observation) he has the same lanky roodog build as many existing forwards,e.g. Cameron, Rohan, Lynch, Smith, our own lamented Yarran...

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes: Round 11 Vs Port Adelaide + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back