Preview Changes Round 13 v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

May in for Tomlinson - Enough said.

Rivers in for Hunt - No speed from hunt on weekend im gonna go with the better 1v1 defender.

On notice
Mitch Brown - Weids or JVR? Mitch wont work long term despite not being terrible on wknd. Weids struggling CHF. JVR no idea if he can do CHF. We need this sorted. Luke Jackson may need to take on more FWD responsibilities.

May get the forward line they wanted at the start of 2021 - Weid and BBB. Let Weid know he is in no matter what for next 4 games to take away his performance anxiety (not that I know anything about his bedroom form)
Last chance saloon because of TMac being out.

I wouldn’t be against losing one of our shitty KPFs this week. Use Gawn/Jackson more forward and choose an extra runner.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

he wasn't even that bad in comparison to the majority of fwd line. just wont be able to carry that role hes undersized. He was a stop gap usage for the late withdrawal of Mac

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you guys have finally learned Mitch Brown isn’t a key forward?

Get him playing the third tall role similar to Fritsch and he will improve.
But we've already got Fritsch who plays a similar role to Fritsch.

Out - B Brown, Tomlinson
In - Weidemann, May

Need May desperately for the structure and Weidemann is in better form than Brown. I think we just enjoy the break, freshen up and don’t over cook the changes. Got to stick with the best group.

Maybe Bedford for Sparrow if we are needing some additional pace. The KP changes are the obvious ones though.
This is a big game DD. Marquee game.

Sparrow IS, a big game player.

I would want 'all hardness', on deck, for this one.

The wrong game to give Sparrow a rest.

But I would like to see a spot for Bedford, in there somewhere.

Give Weid a month honestly, BBrown has been so poor. May in for Tomlinson.

Massive game, really need to win going into the bye, not feeling confident though.
I think a big mobile forward-line, plus our smalls. so, Weide, MBrown, and Jackson/Gawn, rotating around our front half, from our centre-line forward.
Just have them continually rotating, mix and match, barely spending more than a couple of minutes in their current positioning. So the tall defenders don't have much of a chance to settle on the one tall forward. They will have to keep dropping off the forward who is moving out higher.

Have the smalls deeper, looking for the holes opening up from the tall's movements, and being ready for a quick entry.

Our wingers& center-line players need to be ready, with good kicking skills. Spargo/ANB/Sparrow/Salem. etc

I seriously doubt Petty will play. Give him 2 weeks off with the bye, and he should hopefully be ready to come back for Brisbane. We'll need him with all of the Lions talls now back in the side.

Bring May in and give Tomlinson another run at it.

Learned, I've known that since his first year with us, playing at Casey. He really is depth, for TMc. TMc originally not a natural key forward either, (since he was sent forward), but has learned to improve as a tall forward.
TMc is our best body on body, aside from May and Gawn.

Weide has to learn these skills, and would do well to go into defence for this reason, to learn the art.

You say this like Brown has played more than six games in the three seasons he's been on our list.

Tbh our forwardline is a complete mess at the moment. Apart from Fritsch they're all out of form. Need more from both Ben Brown and our ball movement through the midfield and the rest of the forwards will benefit as a result.

From what I have seen of Ginnivan I don't mind him. Only thing I don't like is constant floppers.

I thought Mitch Brown did great last game, he was just surrounded by a bunch of Muppets and had about 3 almost chances to go back and have a set shot (he is a good kick).

The motivation here for him must be massive as well. Assuming Melbourne get into a GF and he can hold his place it would be the Cinderella story of the season, again assuming they win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Round 13 v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back