Prediction Changes: Round 23 Vs GWS + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

whatā€™s more dockery, having a terrible injury list all year.

Or having a great injury list all year only to have all of your tall forwards injured or sick save for a rookie coming back from kidney damage on the eve on finals.

In: Fyfe, Sturt (or Banners), Meek

Out: Lobb, Logue, Tucker
Oh definitely the terrible injury list, with the great hope they'll all come back and just as they become available the rest of the team is injured.

The paywalled West article;

"Fremantle may be forced to field a whole new forward line structure against Greater Western Sydney on Saturday after their two main forwards failed to get through training.

There are fresh concerns for Griffin Logue after the swingman left the track early with a leg complaint.

The 24-year-old started training in the rehab group but after discussions with a club doctor, Logue was unable to continue, bothered by a leg complaint.

Logue has been serving as an extra tall up forward and even providing ruck support to Sean Darcy.

All eyes were on Rory Lobb and the 29-year-old appears unlikely to face his former side.

Lobb was restricted to jogging laps and didnā€™t test his injured shoulder/chest at all.

Captain Nat Fyfe looks destined to spearhead Fremantleā€™s attack on his return from a hamstring injury.

The two-time Brownlow medallist spent a large chunk of the session practising his contested marking leading out of the goal square and his goal kicking.

Matt Taberner jogged laps with a compression bandage around his calf as he aims to return in finals.

While Josh Treacy continues to progress as he continues to battle a virus.

Jye Amiss is only one game into his WAFL return, leaving Fremantle lacking height in attack if Logue and Lobb are unavailable."

Fyfe for Tucker
Meek for Lobb (Darcy to FF)
Sturt in for Logue if he doesnā€™t come up. If he does play under an injury cloud he probably wonā€™t be back up ruck.

Logue competes well but is reluctant to have a ping at the goals. Sturt has a bit more arrogance in front of goals which both Fyfe and Logue donā€™t have.

Mundy's shanked wormburner kick to SonSon on the weekend, which wound up in a goal, was the template. Along the ground, as fast as you can, any old which way - just not hopeful lobs to SonSon or Schultz which give their opponent(s) a decent look at it in the air.

ignoring Tests (because they indicate players are usually about ready to go) and the usual click bait media reports, we currently have the lowest injury list in the league.

Lobb seems to rarely play when he isn't carrying something, and we continue to persist with Tabs year after year expecting a different result which we never get. There's nothing there we haven't seen before.

On a positive, our back 7 is fit, synergised, and raring to go as an awesome unit, our young mids are all there and appear capable to take on anything, and the mosquito fleet up front are unpredictable so hard to account for defensively.

GWS have so many outs and nothing much to play for, so I don't see any need to play Lobb or Tabs for the win. Let them rest. Put in a couple of targets in Fyfe (for the run), and Meek to give Darcy a break pre-finals, and Snuff's your Uncle, we will get the win.

Darcy/Meek
Sturt
Schultz

Frederick
Fyfe
Walters

We've played worse
That's what I'd roll with if Lobb and Logue are both out.

The variant with a slight bit of continuity is Banfield for Sturt, but given the lack of aerial threat you'd really want Sturt in there.

Other options I can imagine but highly unlikely are Cox swinging forward, Amiss in or Hughes in (either to enable Cox forward or in the forward line).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would it be worth playing Meek at the #1 ruck with Darcy playing in Lobb's role? Always the option to swap that around.

Jye Amiss comes in to kick 6 goals before he is subbed out in the third quarter. <- This is my 'I'm not serious about this' font.

Banfield will come in I suspect.

Not ideal at all. Gee. Good thing have the week off before finals.
Just play Sturt and Meek. They ll battle. Fyfe comes in for Lobb anyway. Not all bad. Banfield may come in too.

Barring Logue out injured

In: Fyfe, Sturt, Meek

Banfield to forward line. Switkowski sub.

Not ideal at all. Gee. Good thing have the week off before finals.
Just play Sturt and Meek. They ll battle. Fyfe comes in for Lobb anyway. Not all bad. Banfield may come in too.

Barring Logue out injured

In: Fyfe, Sturt, Meek

Banfield to forward line. Switkowski sub.
I think they will want Switta to get some game time before finals

ignoring Tests (because they indicate players are usually about ready to go) and the usual click bait media reports, we currently have the lowest injury list in the league.

Lobb seems to rarely play when he isn't carrying something, and we continue to persist with Tabs year after year expecting a different result which we never get. There's nothing there we haven't seen before.

On a positive, our back 7 is fit, synergised, and raring to go as an awesome unit, our young mids are all there and appear capable to take on anything, and the mosquito fleet up front are unpredictable so hard to account for defensively.

GWS have so many outs and nothing much to play for, so I don't see any need to play Lobb or Tabs for the win. Let them rest. Put in a couple of targets in Fyfe (for the run), and Meek to give Darcy a break pre-finals, and Snuff's your Uncle, we will get the win.
GWS managed to score less than us last week under the Marvel roof v the Dogs. In the corresponding fixture the previous week we kicked an extra 38 points with Lobb. Take his 4.2 out and that's a 2 goal margin plus our defence is significantly better than the Bulldogs.

Good thing using maths with past games never fails in predict future outcomes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes: Round 23 Vs GWS + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back