Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs West Coast Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We've lost the clearance count in both losses. Fyfe needs to return to the midfield when he returns from injury.
Fyfe won't change out midfield issues anymore. His body is not up for it. We need to experiemtn more with other players. Jackson wasn't used once in the middle today (and he really should have been beccause he was useless everywhere else). Switta in there was very good. Play Johnson or Erasmus.

JOM is not going out. Straight kicking doesn’t come by our club too often.

Jackson needs a rocket this week and get serious. We need him commanding the ball in the fwd line.

Outs: Tabs, Hughes and Banfield
In: Noddy, Sturt and Corbett

Sturt and Corbett (who had 5 shots at goal today) should be an upgrade in the fwd line. Noddy brings excitement on the wing.

Erasmus/Johnson could very well take Sturt/Corbett places. We need to change things up asap.

If Switta has to play midfield, and JOM forward- that mean they’re crap at their position.
Lack of a genuine small forward is scary.

HF: Schulz, Tabs, Walters
FF: Frederick, Treacy, Sturt
Int: Amiss, Jackson.
Get Banfield the * out. Just * off.

People need to realise Tabs v McGovern/ Barrass is tough. Ain’t no way Jackson and Amiss going to do any difference.
It seems a more balance natural forward line. But JL loves effort and midfielders resting.
Pretty sure we won’t go in with all of tabs, Treacy, Sturt, amiss and Jackson. And we definitely won’t have 2 198cm blokes on the bench to start the game.

tabs, amiss or Treacy out

JOM is not going out. Straight kicking doesn’t come by our club too often.

Jackson needs a rocket this week and get serious. We need him commanding the ball in the fwd line.

Outs: Tabs, Hughes and Banfield
In: Noddy, Sturt and Corbett

Sturt and Corbett (who had 5 shots at goal today) should be an upgrade in the fwd line. Noddy brings excitement on the wing.

Erasmus/Johnson could very well take Sturt/Corbett places. We need to change things up asap.
JOM can stay in if he plays HFF. Get switta in the middle.

Where do you even start?

It won't matter because at least half the issues are systemic rather than individual. We complained about Ross coaching individuality out of players and here's Hayden ****ing Young unable to hit a leading forward.

This is another game that we might win because the opposition is shit but I did say that about this week.

The ins are pretty clear - those who might take us forward: NOD, Walker, Johnson, Erasmus, Sturt, Treacy.

The outs I have no idea. Probably everyone 28 and over. Just realise the 1st rounder this year is a sunk cost.

led our contested possessions and clearances, plus equal second in tackles, with by far the lowest TOG of the mids tonight. the latter is his biggest issue.
Again. Fyfe came in last year and messed up his rhythm. This year JOM has done the same. Too many of the same same

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure we won’t go in with all of tabs, Treacy, Sturt, amiss and Jackson. And we definitely won’t have 2 198cm blokes on the bench to start the game.

tabs, amiss or Treacy out
Then hard calls has to be made.
Amiss is still raw-probably will be the one dropped.
Jackson can’t mark shit up forward.
Drop Tabs and suddenly it’s a very inexperienced raw awful marking forward line.

Banfield -Sturt
Amiss- Treacy.

The coaches will persist with Jackson. It’ll be an ugly season. Suddenly it’s barely even 50-80 games experience with Jackson, Treacy, Amiss and Sturt. Fyfe and Tabs out won’t change much

I would play both Johnson & Erasmus. Erasmus is very fierce, he will hunt the ball at all costs, a clearance beast I reckon. Johnson is our Mundy replacement. We need some new blood, will badly miss NOD ,if there is one guy that can light up the place it's him, he doesn't shy away from having a crack at the goals. I would bring in Sturt. I would leave Hughes, Banfield, Shultz out, Fyfe & now Taberner are injured. Shultz just doesn't kick enough goals and for that matter nor does Frederick but he can be electrifying. Sturt looks to be a proper forward player who needs to be given another chance.

Out: Hughes for good,Henry while he got a bit of the footy did nothing with it and isn’t a small forward that kicks goals, Tabener is done for a few weeks needs to get back to wafl level and work on his footy. Banfield isn’t the sub we need. Give it to a young guy that can provide a future for the club.

In: Johnson,Erasmus,Sturt,Kuek

I feel like this is a balanced mix:
Keep Tabs in because Amiss is not ready
Amiss > Treacy
Hughes > Johnson
Henry > Walters
Sturt to sub

I feel like this is a balanced mix:
Keep Tabs in because Amiss is not ready
Amiss > Treacy
Hughes > Johnson
Henry > Walters
Sturt to sub
Amiss kicked two in a high pressure final. He’s fine. Just need to surround him with quality… oh

Out: Ryan

Send a ****ing message.

He’s been awful for a while now.

Don’t let the stats fool you, his back end of 2022 and first two weeks of 2023 have been deadset ordinary.

I’d rather we bring in Walker to play the Chapman role and send Chapman to the ryan role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs West Coast Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back