Prediction Changes v Adelaide, Friday night, GHMBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crows one is for sure.. how much would he cost.

We are yet to see Fogartys best in the afl.. we need more grunt in the middle so its all infront of him really.
I actually feel our Fog is a bit of a forgotten man... And what i mean really is that most of us wouldn't have seen heaps of him to really remember how he goes. We are basing thoughts on the idea of what he can bring.
I'm happy to see him get a chance as it sounds he's really busted his arse and killed it in the 2s.. My memory from his is a smart footballer and he is hard at it.
Hope he goes well

Henry will play forward and ruck. Happy enough to see him forward and enjoy some freedom. He can’t be worse than Fort. Bews to play lock down. O’Connor can play a bit taller.

Henry's struggling so it might be his best route to stay in the 22 anyway.

Fog was drafted as a mid, and plays mid in the vfl. We just shoe horn him in as a pressure forward to plug holes.

He always plays pressure forward in afl and does it better than Parsons imo. Better suited to it.

I wouldn’t mind seeing him getting a run as a mid to see how he goes.
We've been giving midfield time to Guthrie and Clark so can't see why they wouldn't give Fog a run too. Can't be any worse

Genuine question.. If Parsons was as promising a kid as you talk.. Why did he get picked up via the rookie draft? What was the knock on him his last year in the TAC to go from Vic Metro to struggling to get a go?
EASY.
He was playing a great game in a finals match for ER. All talent scouts were there. He came off with a foot injury which was a dreaded stress fracture.
He then missed all the draft camp and testing and dropped down the list. I thought at the time we got a steal. He was as a rookie- a steal, but he's got 18 m to prove himself.

Henry will play forward and ruck. Happy enough to see him forward and enjoy some freedom. He can’t be worse than Fort. Bews to play lock down. O’Connor can play a bit taller.
I will stick my neck out here.
I recall Scott saying earlier this year that he didn’t think O’Connor would necessarily be permanently
in the backline and could move mid or forward. With the inclusion of Bews (I have never been a fan
but they obviously like him on Betts) I can see O’Connor getting a game forward. At 191cm he is
taller than Rohan and not much slower and has the leap. O’Connor, who is only going to get better
with experience and who has the class to play forward deserves his chance, I just hope it isn’t a
bit early on in his career to try. I think Smith will come in and Stanley will play second ruck and
be the other marking forward. As someone said earlier we are screaming for an effective tap
ruckman and Stanley isn’t it, his hit outs to advantage stats are poor and was way behind Lycett
last week.

I will stick my neck out here.
I recall Scott saying earlier this year that he didn’t think O’Connor would necessarily be permanently
in the backline and could move mid or forward. With the inclusion of Bews (I have never been a fan
but they obviously like him on Betts) I can see O’Connor getting a game forward. At 191cm he is
taller than Rohan and not much slower and has the leap. O’Connor, who is only going to get better
with experience and who has the class to play forward deserves his chance, I just hope it isn’t a
bit early on in his career to try. I think Smith will come in and Stanley will play second ruck and
be the other marking forward. As someone said earlier we are screaming for an effective tap
ruckman and Stanley isn’t it, his hit outs to advantage stats are poor and was way behind Lycett
last week.
I hope.
All makes sense.

Scott said in his presser, after the Richmond game, that it was just 'precautionary' and that it was so insignificant it wasn't worth worrying about. He corrected that to a 'slight hamstring strain', in his update during the week, which he expected to be so minor that Ratugolea would play in the game against Port after the bye. A 'standard' hamstring strain, refers to a 'low-medium grade' hamstring strain, when I'm referring to it. Anything from a test, if no tear has actually occurred, to 4-6 weeks if it has but isn't off the bone. The typical expected recovery time for these, is 3-4 weeks. Very rarely does it happen to be two weeks or less if there is a tear.

An extra week was given, to be on the conservative side. It's now been said that he's re-injured it. What I am saying, is that he trained too early, which appears to have aggravated the original problem or, they never managed the original problem correctly (icing on the day, as mentioned by CE).

Loads refer to directional changes, rate of speed/changes from low speed to top speed (acceleration), and time on ground training. It's now gone from 'we expect him to play this week' a couple of days ago, to now 'I can't give you a time frame.'

My issue here is, is that he didn't say 'he re-injured his hamstring, it's low-medium grade' etc. He said 'I can't give you a time frame', which is always concerning as it means that they're unsure and it's not cut and dry now. We have had numerous instances of this, with players like Cockatoo and McCarthy when he was here, having their prognosis and time frame changed every few weeks. Menzel went from being routine, to having a bad reaction to an injection, which has never happened before. Hell, Gregson had the wrong sized screws put into his foot which cracked his navicular and led to re-injury multiple times.

I'm frustrated with a constantly changing narrative (we've had more late outs than any AFL club over the past couple of years), that has been present throughout a lot of my years supporting Geelong. Notice that I'm not yelling, taking pot shots, acting aggressively, or trying to belittle you. I'm simply stating the facts as I see them. Could very well be wrong, but a lot of it is genuine frustration, so some comments about the club and the medicos might be a little more incendiary than they were intended to be.

_Game_ is a perfect example of how to respond to a post without acting rude and 'holier than thou' with your responses. Your response and Vdubs is an example of playing the man, and how not to respond. But continue with your pot shots if you both want. That's your prerogative.

Fair enough mate I honestly was only trying to be disparaging with regards to your comments. My messages are never intended to play the man and or attack the person. apologies if I did that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry they f---ed up right from the get go not icing the the hammy when it happened as was pointed out by CE,they appear to have underestimated the damage from day one.They are not going to tell the world that,hence setback is the official club line.
Hate to spoil your theory, but the lack of ice at that stage would have zero implication on what's happening now.

Potting Fog like this in his second year of football is not only a bad take but also a shocking look. Be better.
Hardly a pot. Fog is simply not a great kick, and so far, a relatively poor kick. Let's hope he has chances to disprove his track record.

well its been a while but it happens every season

absolutely ridiculous selections

a mid/small forward and a small defender come in

out goes 3rd marking forward and a ruck/forward????

stick to simple structures, it's really not that hard

even if Fort is shit stick to the structures

Potting Fog like this in his second year of football is not only a bad take but also a shocking look. Be better.

Don’t know how you can call a 2nd year player a bust, after he has played 20 or so games so far. Had some pretty good games too.

I'm probably in a minority here, but I thought Fort did enough to hold his spot. He puts goals on the board which, ultimately, is the aim of the game.

Outside of the 2 goals, the other 99% of the game he did absolutely nothing of note. Just wasting a spot in the 22.

Dubs are you surprised he wasn't iced when he did it? the way he grabbed at it was obvious and came straight off.
He would have had some ice at some stage. Tbh, it is mainly for pain. And most teams have their players jumping, or stepping carefully, into ice baths post game.The best predictor for RTP is how quickly in days you can return to a limp-free painless gait. If it's day 1, usually a very good prognosis. If it's a week, definitely a long term tear. Scans of course, help. The evidence for ice is questionable

Where's this negativity towards Henry come from?

He's played a role down back in the best defence in the comp, is very durable and takes the game on.

Got absolutely crunched last week, yet came back on when most of us would have been tied to a hospital bed for weeks.

For a kid in his second year, there's only upside in getting senior games into him.

Hardly a pot. Fog is simply not a great kick, and so far, a relatively poor kick. Let's hope he has chances to disprove his track record.

Calling a player a bust draft selection in their second year on the list is a pot and a shit call.

Wouldn't have thought you'd be so quick to tangle yourself in that as well.

Calling a player a bust draft selection in their second year on the list is a pot and a **** call.

Wouldn't have thought you'd be so quick to tangle yourself in that as well.
Apart from the word bust, I agree with the post, on available evidence to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back