Prediction Changes v Adelaide, Friday night, GHMBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he's only 191cm. Playing him in the ruck would be a strange decision.

He's got the leap to do it and Himmelberg who he'd be up against is a part timer himself.

Where's this negativity towards Henry come from?

He's played a role down back in the best defence in the comp, is very durable and takes the game on.

Got absolutely crunched last week, yet came back on when most of us would have been tied to a hospital bed for weeks.

For a kid in his second year, there's only upside in getting senior games into him.

He's got upside in spades but his output is low at present.

Hardly a pot. Fog is simply not a great kick, and so far, a relatively poor kick. Let's hope he has chances to disprove his track record.

Dahlhaus is not a great kick but his pressure is elite and he's A grade. Fogarty can make it the same way.

I will stick my neck out here.
I recall Scott saying earlier this year that he didn’t think O’Connor would necessarily be permanently
in the backline and could move mid or forward. With the inclusion of Bews (I have never been a fan
but they obviously like him on Betts) I can see O’Connor getting a game forward. At 191cm he is
taller than Rohan and not much slower and has the leap. O’Connor, who is only going to get better
with experience and who has the class to play forward deserves his chance, I just hope it isn’t a
bit early on in his career to try. I think Smith will come in and Stanley will play second ruck and
be the other marking forward. As someone said earlier we are screaming for an effective tap
ruckman and Stanley isn’t it, his hit outs to advantage stats are poor and was way behind Lycett
last week.

This would be ideal if Smith had more intensity and Stanley could read the play like a forward. Sadly neither seems to be so.

He's got the leap to do it and Himmelberg who he'd be up against is a part timer himself.
I think we might be at crossed purposes. I was referring to the proposition he'd be used in the ruck. Riley O'Brien is 202cm and is playing extremely well. And he's not a ruckman. No thanks.

I think we might be at crossed purposes. I was referring to the proposition he'd be used in the ruck. Riley O'Brien is 202cm and is playing extremely well. No thanks.

Stanley will ruck vs OBrien.
Henry will only ruck the 5mins a qtr that Himmelberg relieves O'Brien in the ruck.

Stanley will ruck vs OBrien.
Henry will only ruck the 5mins a qtr that Himmelberg relieves O'Brien in the ruck.
Stanley doesn't have the engine to carry the ruck for that period and it's no easy task to engineer that match-up. Henry's not a ruckman in size or experience. Reckon it's no accident two bigs are emergencies. Anyway we'll see.

I will stick my neck out here.
I recall Scott saying earlier this year that he didn’t think O’Connor would necessarily be permanently
in the backline and could move mid or forward. With the inclusion of Bews (I have never been a fan
but they obviously like him on Betts) I can see O’Connor getting a game forward. At 191cm he is
taller than Rohan and not much slower and has the leap. O’Connor, who is only going to get better
with experience and who has the class to play forward deserves his chance, I just hope it isn’t a
bit early on in his career to try. I think Smith will come in and Stanley will play second ruck and
be the other marking forward. As someone said earlier we are screaming for an effective tap
ruckman and Stanley isn’t it, his hit outs to advantage stats are poor and was way behind Lycett
last week.

I dont like Smith ..he is too slow .. and he just good enough to play well for a game or two..just good enough to mess up your thinking and then his form will drop , his passive nature will surface , his fragile body will break ...

I suspect if there are no late ins...

Stanley rucks.. he is not playing Lycett this week.. Henry plays the forward ute ..has done it before , Bews covers Betts ... but thats still leaves us smaller than we have been all year in the forwardline.

So I hope Buzza gets a late call up ..probably depends on the night .weather etc.

Stanley doesn't have the engine to carry the ruck for that period and it's no easy task to engineer that match-up. Henry's not a ruckman in size or experience. Reckon it's no accident two bigs are emergencies. Anyway we'll see.
He's done it all season.
A significant factor in our structure and game plan is built around him doing it competitively.
His failure to fill his accustomed part was the most important factor in our loss last week.

Apart from the word bust, I agree with the post, on available evidence to date.
So now it was a pot but that's not the part you meant?

It was a very short post. It's not as if there was a lengthy b plot that you could be engrossed in.

He's got upside in spades but his output is low at present.

I agree with that re Henry - im just wondering whether in the off season he got stuck into the weights to build himself up and because of that this year he looks a bit slower - he wouldnt be the 1st player who has done that either

I just thought last year - he loked lighter and quicker - better agility - and looked a really exciting prospect .

He's done it all season.
A significant factor in our structure and game plan is built around him doing it competitively.
His failure to fill his accustomed part was the most important factor in our loss last week.
Not questioning he takes the giant share of the ruck work, but according to the stats there's around 20% of game time when someone else is taking care of business. I'd much prefer that to be someone with the height and experience to do it.

He's been carrying the ruck for that period all year. Sav or Fort only do probably 20 % ruck time. That said i think Buzza might come in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not questioning he takes the giant share of the ruck work, but according to the stats there's around 20% of game time when someone else is taking care of business. I'd much prefer that to be someone with the height and experience to do it.
Yes, definitely preferable to have a genuine relief ruckman to do that 5 minutes a quarter, but with Ratugolea out we don't have one capable of playing KPF for the rest of the game.
Smith can't play KPF, Buzza can't ruck; which was why they tried Fort, who can do both, just not very well.

I actually feel our Fog is a bit of a forgotten man... And what i mean really is that most of us wouldn't have seen heaps of him to really remember how he goes. We are basing thoughts on the idea of what he can bring.
I'm happy to see him get a chance as it sounds he's really busted his arse and killed it in the 2s.. My memory from his is a smart footballer and he is hard at it.
Hope he goes well
I remember him being smart and hard at it.

Can't go wrong with that.

Last edited:
I agree with that re Henry - im just wondering whether in the off season he got stuck into the weights to build himself up and because of that this year he looks a bit slower - he wouldnt be the 1st player who has done that either

I just thought last year - he loked lighter and quicker - better agility - and looked a really exciting prospect .
Not the games I've seen he doesn't... I would go as far as saying structurally he is our 2nd most important cog behind Blitz in the backline, I've moved my seat this year to a bit higher up and on the wing and have been interested watching the defenders and how they structure up.

Henry is vital, his size and speed combo means he gets back to set up almost as well as Blitz but can fill different holes and roll onto different size players as well.
He's had a couple of shocking turnovers no doubt but he is also a 2nd year AFL player and mistakes are part of his development... His possessions are near identical to last year stats wise and he is being given more responsibility opponent wise.
The only difference is last year he took a few more exciting marks.

I'd be really interested in seeing how many goals he's conceded this year as I don't think it would be too many, can't remember anyone getting hold of him and he is playing a role in the defence that is statistically the best in the comp.. And had lost the inside 50 count plenty.. We aren't beating times by starving them of entries.

I'm genuinely scratching my head at how this whole Henry is struggling narrative has started

So now it was a pot but that's not the part you meant?

It was a very short post. It's not as if there was a lengthy b plot that you could be engrossed in.
It was not a pot, it was a post I agreed with, but the word bust is perhaps harsh so far. The other 2- for sure. Meatloaf 2/3 aint bad?

This would be ideal if Smith had more intensity and Stanley could read the play like a forward. Sadly neither seems to be so.
Smith played with intensity this year, and along with Parsons, has a 100% winning rate.
Was very unlucky to get dropped after the Swans game.

I dont like Smith ..he is too slow .. and he just good enough to play well for a game or two..just good enough to mess up your thinking and then his form will drop , his passive nature will surface , his fragile body will break ...

I suspect if there are no late ins...

Stanley rucks.. he is not playing Lycett this week.. Henry plays the forward ute ..has done it before , Bews covers Betts ... but thats still leaves us smaller than we have been all year in the forwardline.

So I hope Buzza gets a late call up ..probably depends on the night .weather etc.
I'd like Smith #1 ruck., Stanley CHF
But most likely Stanley ruck, Henry a mobile KF, Bews small back.
If Buzza plays, I think we look second rate. But that's based on 2018 form. He may have turned the corner??

Must admit I thought Hendo was still a prospect this year.
Wonder if he'll get any more games.
He can't seem to get on the park.. Will be interesting come the end of the year, Harry out of contract I believe and I wouldn't be surprised if we cut him free.. Will Hendo want to wait? If he goes as well then depth wise we are in huge strife

People are hilarious with their outrageous expectations. Can players not have setbacks anymore. If you followed it appropriately you would know he had an injury setback. Nothing the club can do about that. IT HAPPENS!!!

Sounds like soft tissue injury: tricky. Vdubs, TC we may need your expertise in these matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dahlhaus is not a great kick but his pressure is elite and he's A grade. Fogarty can make it the same way.
I agree... People forget this is his 2nd season... Not his 10th, it's his 2nd.... Plus in 4 years time he will be playing more midfield..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back