Prediction Changes v Adelaide, Friday night, GHMBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fort out is the clear suggestion.

To be fair. It was his 3rd game and he kicked 2 I think.

I remember we played the Pies a few years ago and we were supposed to win. They kicked 7 in the first and we were done.
The entire team pretty much **** themselves and GHS was dropped as the "one."

I see Fort getting the same raw deal here. Im not saying he should not go - but he wasn't the worst and for a 3 game player there has to be some expectations of ****ness.

Port punched us in the mouth and challenged us to win. We didn't and Fort will probably get the shoe for it - but he the GHS of this one for mine.

If we extract the digit or head from the collective arse and turn it around this week, a few of them still playing should buy him a beer for being the Lee Majors Fall guy of the PA game.

Bews I think has had 4 game back and has held Eddie well - he could be handy as as good as MOC has been - Betts has moves that MOC aint seen yet. So 2E for me goes out for Bews and MOC gets a front row seat to the Betts show.

GO Catters

For Fort it.. to me ..sort of sounds like a rubbishy song by Pussyfoot in the 70's .. Its not what you do , its the way that you do it.. (something like that anyway)

He has played 3 games kicked 3 in one and two in another.. and there is an all encompassing thread of sentiment to drop him , banish him , let him not darken our step again. .. What did it take Abbott .. 2 years before he got a game? Fort need to get stronger overhead ..and that may mean a summer of work in the gym, maybe a couple of summers. The defensive efforts he is now up against would be far harder than anything he has had to cope with.. .. but He really has failed to take any good dtrong mark overhead that would encourage his selection again ..at least for a while (imo)..

but considering the form of Buzza and Krueger .. Id say it would be fair enough for one to get a go... Im not sure the can do much more to put up their hand.

But its in the middle we need to shake it up a bit imo.. Constable or Fogarty or both . Someone didnt do their job well enough V Port.. someone should get the ruler on the knuckles treatment.. and someone need to be playing in the VFL.. no rubbish about rests.

I have tried watching more closely since I started reading the Tuohy criticism and can’t for the life of me see what they are on about.
His biggest issue this year is that he has a couple of times ignored the first option and then been caught with it or turned it over

I wouldn't be surprised if Rohan missed after his 2md head knock in about 5 games, and if Fog gets a run... As much as I'd love Rohan flying round on Lairds tail shutting him down I hope our forward group can do the job together. Oh how I wish for a fit Cocky...

Fort was rubbish (yes 2 goals.. 1 from a pass from Gaz that was unstoppable.. The other from a free kick that if it was no free he was dropping the mark anyway) and including 2 practice matches has had 1 good go in 5 games.. And even then he cashed in on being tall against a small undermanned dog defence.. And still double grabbed everything... He just isn't good enough plain and simple and it's not a huge shock.. I mean he was a mature age pick for a reason. We've hit lots of gold with them but we were due for a miss

He allows teams to double Hawk as they know he presents no threat in the air and no threat physically. Sav has become important because he contests and at least keeps the opposition honest.. If Sav wasn't right I'd like Buzza because he at least will compete.

We can't afford Rhys to be as awful as he was though as that combined with no Sav crippled us dramatically.

In : Smith Sav Fogarty Constable Bews
Out : Stanley Fort Dal Rohan Henry

Bews Blicavs Kolo
Stewart Taylor O'Connor
J Selwood Constable Duncan
Ablett Sav Atkins
Miers Hawkins Parfitt
Smith Dangerfield Kelly
Fogarty C Guthrie
Touhy Clark

I honestly don't know why everyone is giving Fort a hard time, no way he was as bad as they all say he was...

Watch what Fort was doing on Saturday night, then watch how Sav went about it before he got injured against Richmond, and then you'll have your answer.

We needed another tall who was able to provide a target by leading up to the wings and give an option to our defenders clearing defensive 50, as well as allowing Hawkins to compete one out. Apart from a few marks in forward 50 after silver service further up the field, Fort was rarely sighted all night.

I wouldn't touch the forward structure, it works. They were starved of opportunity.

What didn't work on the weekend was the midfield. Stanley and Guthrie were at almost every center bounce / stoppage, and the worst performers of the mids, comfortably. Guthrie's stats before he went behind the footy for cheapies in the 4th were deplorable, completely non competitive in a game where Port made us earn it.

What makes it worse is that Dangerfield was the best player on the ground (IMO). Our midfield still got smashed...

Clearances 52 - 36 (Dangerfield 8)
Contested Possessions 167 - 131 (Dangerfield 14)

Scott's approach to the midfield is arrogant IMO. We've been beaten there often in 2019 - even in when we've won the game. Despite Dangerfield (especially) and Kelly's brilliance, it's a slippery slope after that. Duncan complements well, then it's poor. Especially with Selwood not in there. it's the team's achilles heel and could be better. Improvement is always possible, even at the top of the ladder. What we saw from Port defensively / intent is what they should expect in finals.

In : Constable, Menegola (if avail)
Out : It's obvious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dal Rohan Henry,
Henry will be lucky if he hasn't done ribs
Rohan I can't see playing off 6 day concussion.
Dollshouse ?
Sav?
Fort?
Stanley will play.
I'd agree that if Sav is available he plays. Stanley stays in.

I’m thinking Rohan is definitely not playing after another KO, so is Krueger the sort of player that could play his roll? I haven’t seen him play.

I’m thinking Rohan is definitely not playing after another KO, so is Krueger the sort of player that could play his roll? I haven’t seen him play.
nor have I, but the club has big hopes for him. But are they better doing what they did with Miers - a full year in the two's to learn the craft, and then start in the seniors next year if he looks up to it?

nor have I, but the club has big hopes for him. But are they better doing what they did with Miers - a full year in the two's to learn the craft, and then start in the seniors next year if he looks up to it?
Maybe, but Kreuger is a bit older than Miers was and has already played senior footy.

He must be nearly 20 years of age if the spot is there and forms been good give him a shot I say.

So long as Sav plays, yes.
He's an agile tallish forward, good on the ground and a sound kick.
He'd be the perfect replacement for Rohan as a third tall option.

It depends what aspects of his role you want him to fill. He is unlikely to show Rohans speed and run down guys running out of D... but he is far more likely to mark a inbound ball or two and kick a goal. He is a very good overhead mark.. reads the ball like HarryT

It depends what aspects of his role you want him to fill. He is unlikely to show Rohans speed and run down guys running out of D... but he is far more likely to mark a inbound ball or two and kick a goal. He is a very good overhead mark.. reads the ball like HarryT
We have missed a forward capable of drifting in from the side and taking a big overhead mark is Freddy capable of that?

We have missed a forward capable of drifting in from the side and taking a big overhead mark is Freddy capable of that?

I suspect so.. but I cant visualise him taking those type of marks where he piggybacks on being less than the #1 forward. and just comes in from the side as he has been mainly the #1 in the VFL when I have watched him... He has done very well being under the ball and leading to it. Is a solid setshot and has shown agility to get round players. Im not sure I have seen that any many KPF players we have drafted in some time. He has shown a much more round game than sav for example.

What we dont know yet is what he is like the next step up..different pace and better athletic opponents , quicker, taller , jump higher etc ..and not being the obvious target forward.

I suspect so.. but I cant visualise him taking those type of marks where he piggybacks on being less than the #1 forward. and just comes in from the side as he has been mainly the #1 in the VFL when I have watched him... He has done very well being under the ball and leading to it. Is a solid setshot and has shown agility to get round players. Im not sure I have seen that any many KPF players we have drafted in some time. He has shown a much more round game than sav for example.

What we dont know yet is what he is like the next step up..different pace and better athletic opponents , quicker, taller , jump higher etc ..and not being the obvious target forward.

I think he should be in the frame if Rohan doesn't come up or we choose to rest him. He looks to have very good speed and agility for his size so he might be a difficult match up if we have Hawk and Sav as well.
Worth a look I reckon
:thumbsu: 697650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back