Prediction Changes v Adelaide, Friday night, GHMBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fort out is the clear suggestion.

To be fair. It was his 3rd game and he kicked 2 I think.

I remember we played the Pies a few years ago and we were supposed to win. They kicked 7 in the first and we were done.
The entire team pretty much **** themselves and GHS was dropped as the "one."

I see Fort getting the same raw deal here. Im not saying he should not go - but he wasn't the worst and for a 3 game player there has to be some expectations of ****ness.

Port punched us in the mouth and challenged us to win. We didn't and Fort will probably get the shoe for it - but he the GHS of this one for mine.

If we extract the digit or head from the collective arse and turn it around this week, a few of them still playing should buy him a beer for being the Lee Majors Fall guy of the PA game.

Bews I think has had 4 game back and has held Eddie well - he could be handy as as good as MOC has been - Betts has moves that MOC aint seen yet. So 2E for me goes out for Bews and MOC gets a front row seat to the Betts show.

GO Catters

He is the fall guy because his opponent just gets to molest Hawk all night rather than worry about him. I could have sat in the goal square and kicked a couple with GAJ kicking them down my throat. The pick up and handball for the goal assist was good, other than that he was a complete liability.

I’m surprised at the lack of scrutiny on Tuohy. I don’t want to get into a debate about his overall worth trade value debate etc. I think he hasn’t been very good for the club since arriving. But he’s been terrible this year. He missed most of the pre season and it shows. He turns the ball over almost every time he gets it in his hands.
He came back into the team too soon and should go back to the vfl to regain touch. I’ll be very surprised if it’s happens but it should. We’ve lacked run and drive from the back even in winning games.
In saying that I would actually bring in Bews to play defensively allowing someone else to provide that run.
I'm surprised at the criticism of Tuohy, given that he was clearly in our best 3 players yesterday.

I'm surprised at the criticism of Tuohy, given that he was clearly in our best 3 players yesterday.
I have tried watching more closely since I started reading the Tuohy criticism and can’t for the life of me see what they are on about.

In: Young Sav. Out: Darcy Forte.
And another one: In: Scooter Selwood or Charlie Constable Out: Cam Guthrie.

If we had a mid season draft or trade right now, the Cats would go after a ruckman. Witts from the Gold Coast impresses me. He would make our midfield walk 10 times taller against the best rucks in the league.

I have tried watching more closely since I started reading the Tuohy criticism and can’t for the life of me see what they are on about.
There's been a bit of it lately, it's just becoming one of those kneejerk bigfooty herd-think tropes.
The fact is that for most of the game, he was the only one consistently providing any attack from the backline.
Stewart still got a fair bit of it, but they put a lot of team defence into stopping his usual run when he did get it.

Yeah I like him but trying to fit Constable in. I don't think Parfitt has been quite as good as his best last year, you might be right though, he was good against the Tiges but didn't do much last night, neither did many others.

There is no need to panic Cat Fans. We can't win every game and a loss will make them hungry for success. A loss will allow them to learn how to close out tight games and the more tight games we play, the chances of executing the plays in September during a final may come off.

We had an off night on Saturday night. That is elite sport. But, with the bye, I know the assistant coaches will be looking for trends in the game patterns to make sure we are the leaders of the pack.

We miss young Sav on Saturday night. In a couple of years time, I can see him becoming our premier ruckman with a stint in the forward line.

Thoughts?

He ran himself back into trouble a couple of times looking for an option to kick to that may not have been there,but other than that he was sold.

He ran himself back into trouble a couple of times looking for an option to kick to that may not have been there,but other than that he was sold.
Symptomatic of the game I reckon. System broke down and nothing to kick to.

One thing I have noticed since his return seems to a lack of confidence in his leg; he tends to avoid the inside-out long kick to the left flank, and turn back so he can kick to the right side.

Stanley had a very poor game. So did about 18 others.....

So I'd keep him in, and bring back Sav for Fort.

I'd also play horses for courses and bring in Bews specifically to run with Betts........will Henry get up??

Constable and Menegola in, Guthrie and - for the benefit of team and player - Selwood out. Manage him now until the finals.

Buzza Or Freddy for Rohan, and Fogarty if Dalhaus doesn't get up.

Out- Fort ( omitted ) , Rohan inj, Dahlhaus inj
In- Esava, Menegola, Kruger for Rohan ( but maybe Buzza ), like to see Scooter in but will think who will go out.
Miers for Scooter? One of several who did not put their bodies on the line. Buzza for Rohan and agree Sav for Fort (although I thought he was pretty good).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miers for Scooter? One of several who did not put their bodies on the line. Buzza for Rohan and agree Sav for Fort (although I thought he was pretty good).

You can't be serious. Dropping Miers for Scooter makes us older, slower, less dynamic, less creative and at least a 2 goal worse team. Miers was targeted last night, and rightly so. He's our link man between the arcs with his creativity, it's Stevie J like. He was tagged out of the game and our performance suffered as such.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All those calling for chook to be recalled need to take a closer look at his disposal, he gets plenty of the ball but doesn’t impact games.

OUT: Fort (omit), J. Selwood (knee) and Rohan (concussion)
IN: Ratugolea, Bews and Fogarty/Constable

B: Bews, Blicavs, Kolodjashnij
HB: Stewart, Taylor, O'Connor
C: Duncan, Dangerfield, Tuohy
HF: Ablett, Ratugolea, C. Guthrie
F: Miers, Hawkins, Dahlhaus
R: Stanley, Kelly, Atkins

Int: Henry, Parfitt, Clark, Fogarty/Constable

- Joel's not right. Old man or knee or both. Give him two weeks off. It won't happen, but I'd like to see Jed come back in, allowing Tuohy to play wing.
- Atkins to tag in the guts and Guthrie defensive forward on Laird.
- Toss up between Fogarty or Constable, but last night showed we're one midfielder short. Maybe one last chance for S. Selwood?

Scooter is in the never again category for mine.

Yep, break glass in case of emergency. In terms of those who didn’t play last night, I’d expect Menegola, Constable and Fogarty are all ahead of Scooter for a midfield berth.

OUT: Fort (omit), J. Selwood (knee) and Rohan (concussion)
IN: Ratugolea, Bews and Fogarty/Constable

B: Bews, Blicavs, Kolodjashnij
HB: Stewart, Taylor, O'Connor
C: Duncan, Dangerfield, Tuohy
HF: Ablett, Ratugolea, C. Guthrie
F: Miers, Hawkins, Dahlhaus
R: Stanley, Kelly, Atkins

Int: Henry, Parfitt, Clark, Fogarty/Constable

- Joel's not right. Old man or knee or both. Give him two weeks off. It won't happen, but I'd like to see Jed come back in, allowing Tuohy to play wing.
- Atkins to tag in the guts and Guthrie defensive forward on Laird.
- Toss up between Fogarty or Constable, but last night showed we're one midfielder short. Maybe one last chance for S. Selwood?
Another one looking to find somewhere to hide Guthrie,just drop him.Even Scott is saying down back is not his spot,and he's having little positive affect in the middle,lets not weaken the forward line pressure shoehorning him in up there.

If Henry pulls up sore, then that'll be an interesting one. Hopefully he'll be fine
Based on VFL form, Zuthrie has been very good. Bews is building too, and Henderson is another option depending on match-ups. Otherwise, we could bring in another midfielder like Constable or Fogarty for Henry and just send Clark or Guthrie down back.

Based on VFL form, Zuthrie has been very good. Bews is building too, and Henderson is another option depending on match-ups. Otherwise, we could bring in another midfielder like Constable or Fogarty for Henry and just send Clark or Guthrie down back.

Didn't Hendo pick up a shoulder injury?

I'd bring in Bews to quell Betts, but wouldn't put Guthrie down back. I don't see him as having genuine claims on a position anywhere atm.

Fringe players that don’t have an impact are glaring in a game where the heat is on.
Any of Fort, Clarke, O’Connor, Atkins, Rohan would be looking over their shoulder.
Constable could be a chance given crows slow midfield, scooter will get a chance some time. Fogarty for Rohan maybe if doesn’t get up. I want cocky!
Cocky would've been good on the weekend. Just that bit of hardness and x-factor. Hopefully end of the season.

Didn't Hendo pick up a shoulder injury?

I'd bring in Bews to quell Betts, but wouldn't put Guthrie down back. I don't see him as having genuine claims on a position anywhere atm.

He did and he went back out to play, then reinjured the shoulder in a basic overhead mark. Not sure its bad though. Could be just a tweak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back