Changes v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I see a lot of people seem to have Colyer out, Davey in (I realise they aren't exactly playing the same position).

Let's think about Colyers main weaknesses at the moment.
- His size (Though I can't recall him being pushed off the ball too often)
- Kicking skills seem a bit off.

Does this remind you of anyone? I realise he may not apply quite as much pressure as Davey at the moment (although averages an extra half a tackle), but at least he gets a decent amount of the ball.

I really like Davey as a player (Despite his recent form), however wouldn't be making this change just yet.

Davey can kick better than Colyer, and he's a much better pressure player. He's just been down on confidence and fumbling a lot. Not really the same deficiencies at all.

In: Monfries, Stanton, Mcveigh

Out: Houli, Gumbleton, Colyer

Like to see Williams play without Gumbleton, give him a bit more room.
Dropping Welsh against Pies is madness. Need to to lock down (try) one of their mids.

Winders and Dempsey have to play at the G. There is no one else better to come in.

Thought Winderlich showed a bit late in last week's game.

Williams is a big game player and love's the G.

Melsksham is a gun. He has hardness along with cleverness (his in the air kick in the first qrt last week was genius). He should be kep in the side.

Out: Colyer (love his enthusiam and effort but his kicking is a liability), Lonergan, Welsh (as a previous poster said - he is running out of tricks), Reimars (inj)

Last Chance - Dempsey, Hocking

In: Stanton, Myers, Mcveigh, Monfries (only if there is no dout on his fitness)

This....but heard Reimers might be OK - lets hope so

Ryder needs to take the Presti match up so that we can get Hurley in a one on one on Maxwell. Welsh to tag Swan and Hocking to rotate this tag with him. I want to see Hocking used more in the centre as he has excellent clearance skills and has the muscle and hip strength to distribute to our outside runners.

Interesting, we might have to bring in an extra key defender if you will have Gumbleton, Ryder and Hurley all up forward. Maxwell is more suited to flankers rather than taller opponents.

In: Monfries, Stanton, Mcveigh

Out: Houli, Gumbleton, Colyer

Like to see Williams play without Gumbleton, give him a bit more room.
Dropping Welsh against Pies is madness. Need to to lock down (try) one of their mids.

Winders and Dempsey have to play at the G. There is no one else better to come in.

Injury allowing, Gumbleton will be playing until at least mid-season, regardless of form. It's the right thing to do for the future of our team and club. Dropping him at this point is madness!

REIMERS VERY LUCKY?? ARE YOU FOR REAL???

are you sure you are an essendon fan? cause going by your comment that reimers is very lucky ,you must not take the time to watch the games

I watched it twice.

Reimers is a highly skilled fat head who's 'toughness' is one of the great myths in this board.

If he learns the art of working hard, he may end up a bloody good footballer.

I watched it twice.

Reimers is a highly skilled fat head who's 'toughness' is one of the great myths in this board.

If he learns the art of working hard, he may end up a bloody good footballer.

Riemers may not have dominated any games yet but at least he has some arrogance and confidence in his own ability. That has been lacking in our team for a while. Players like Didak have that arrogance and it produces results.

Saying that, I don't want to see him giving away free kicks and getting sucked in by opposition teams who see him as a hot head but that will come with time and experience.

Mcveigh Pears Fletcher

Winderlich Ryder Hooker

Stanton Watson Houli

Zaka Hurley Monfies

williams neagle Reimers

Hille Lovett Murray lonergan

Melk Coq howlett slattery

According to Channel 10:-

Monfries, Stanton and McVeigh likely to play

Welsh and Zaharakis are sore and in doubt.

Mark Williams is listed as a test as well on the AFL injury list.

According to Channel 10:-

Monfries, Stanton and McVeigh likely to play

Welsh and Zaharakis are sore and in doubt.

Mark Williams is listed as a test as well on the AFL injury list.

Wow thats makes a diffrence....
with that in mind lets say none of those 'in doubt' guys play
Out:Welsh, Zaka, Willo, lonergan
In: Stants, spike, Gus, howlett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUTS - Dyson, Slattery, Hocking, Welsh, Williams

INS - McVeigh, Stanton, Monfries, Howlett and Neagle/Laycock

Williams is a receiver and not a team player, celebrates his own goals instead of thanking those that gave it to him. If the weather is good Neagle/Laycock to play full forward with Gumby/Hurley to be lead up forwards.
McVeigh to play back pocket role with Houli.
Hocking/Slattery just arent up to it, play too much stop start, Dyson to stay in side if Zaka not fit.

I dont mind if we lose, just play with heart and passion. By Round 10 it we havent won 4 games Knights needs to rethink his already shaky gameplan and stop handballing..

People who are suggesting Dyson be dropped should be banned from this board. Really... he's been one of the better players in both those games and there are many to go before he does. Not to mention there is no one to come in to replace his role.

You don't just drop a guy because you don't like them.

Hell, I think Houli should keep his spot this week...

From looking at what knights said at training yesterday the following players will not being going out of the team...

winderlich, zaharakis, melknshaw, colyer...
plus despite what many supporters think, slattery isn't going anywhere, he is one of the first picked every week (not a quote from knights, but its a fact)

and that 'davey and prismall' aren't too far away, 'i just don't know when there next AFL game will be' so count them both out of contention, unless it is all smoke and mirrors

and that stanton, monfries (altho coming off a quad injury), mcveigh, more or less, will all play

howlett is injured

so with that, you would have to think that the players in danger of loosing their spots would come down to:

houli, williams (suspect ankle), dyson, welsh, lonergan.

having said all that, todays match day training session could sway a few decisions either way, jump onto the essendonfc.com.au website at 4.30pm so get a live link to the naming of the team.

personally, if houli, lonergan, myers and gumbleton stay in the side and davey, prismall and neagle sit out... again, it'll be another loss for the dons this sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back