Unofficial Preview Changes V GWS Rd 2, '18 - Scharenberg and Callum Brown in, Cox and Smith out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buckley all but said it said it in his presser here when asked if Fasolo will return:

"Fasolo was good in the VFL last week. He was quiet in his first 2-3 games, but his attitude, effort + output were a lot better on the weekend. We need to see that a bit longer," Nathan Buckley.
Thanks

I didn't think of him Darkyp.......yep that's a must move by Bucks.

I still want to see Varcoe back and Crisp to run with Kelly.

I respect Kelly's use of the ball on the outside, but it's the work of Coniglio, Ward and Shiel which enable him. I think that the grunt work of Coniglio has been particularly influential since he's been back from injury.

Mitchell did his own grunt work last week and he tore us apart. My own sense is that we need a bigger presence in the thick of the contest: Sier, maybe Maynard, Adams etc. None of this precludes a tag on Kelly, but I suppose it's a question of priorities.

The absence of JDG hurts. A lot.

Doesnt have to change his mind, he can just decide to "see it for a bit longer" in the seniors!!!

Well considering the question asked was: will we see Fasolo return to the AFL team?
and his response was related to VFL performances, I would say it is a change of stance (if he back flips on it) rather then misdirection on where he meant for him to "see it for a bit longer (before returning)"sic.

Well considering the question asked was: will we see Fasolo return to the AFL team?
and his response was related to VFL performances, I would say it is a change of stance (if he back flips on it) rather then misdirection on where he meant for him to "see it for a bit longer (before returning)"sic.

I was just putting myself in the shoes of the spin doctors!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I respect Kelly's use of the ball on the outside, but it's the work of Coniglio, Ward and Shiel which enable him. I think that the grunt work of Coniglio has been particularly influential since he's been back from injury.

Mitchell did his own grunt work last week and he tore us apart. My own sense is that we need a bigger presence in the thick of the contest: Sier, maybe Maynard, Adams etc. None of this precludes a tag on Kelly, but I suppose it's a question of priorities.

The absence of JDG hurts. A lot.

I think they have a great balance but I am backing our on ballers to go head to head and break even.

I know Maynard's brother got beaten by GAJ the other day but he tagged him the whole game.

Get Maynard to tag Shiel or Coniglio or Ward.........we have to make this game a scrap.

That is why I said we cant let players like Kelly or Whitefield of the leash......they will kill us if we do.

Moore should be used like Daniher is for the dons. Give him a license to roam far and wide over the ground, using his athleticism and speed to beat his man on the way back into the F50. Bucks seems to be complicating things far too much, on what fcukin planet is it justifiable to select Mayne over Fasolo?

Blood the kids FFS. Supporters will cop a 6-7 win season doing that, rather than winning 8-9 playing washed up units like Mayne, Blair, Varcoe, Greenwood etc. Smith, Phillips, Aish amongst a few others must show something or they'll be out the door as well.

I have a feeling we’d do better with the kids than with the guys that are not much use going forward.

I hope he gets a fair crack on ball and not come in to play a defensive fwd or some other shit role he's never played at VFL level.

I get the point, but this is a tough one I reckon. So many games are won and lost in the midfield. Therefore, senior midfield slots should be earned. The way I see it is that if you are good enough to cut it in the midfield, you've got enough attributes to be a contributor in another role. Young midfielders cutting their teeth in other roles has generally been the norm before they push into the midfield. I only see it as an issue if at VFL level they haven't been given any grounding in the other role that they're going to begin in. Has Sier been exclusively midfield at VFL?

I get the point, but this is a tough one I reckon. So many games are won and lost in the midfield. Therefore, senior midfield slots should be earned. The way I see it is that if you are good enough to cut it in the midfield, you've got enough attributes to be a contributor in another role. Young midfielders cutting their teeth in other roles has generally been the norm before they push into the midfield. I only see it as an issue if at VFL level they haven't been given any grounding in the other role that they're going to begin in. Has Sier been exclusively midfield at VFL?

There'd be others who have watched more VFL than I have, but I've seen a bit and Sier has always been midfield. He might start on a wing but then goes to the middle.

But it's an interesting question, because I found myself wondering the other day about his skills overhead. I can't recall ever seeming him take an overhead/contested mark, which might suggest (a) that he rarely plays back or forward or (b) he's shit overhead. I reckon it's (a).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back